Plan Car Leasing (Deliveries)

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

I figure those of us who are leasing via 'Plan' might be better starting a new thread other than add to the humungous generic 'Delivery' thread, as I think our info needs are very similar, and I doubt others are interested in our plight to find more info (but welcome to those if you're reading this...).

I managed to track down my dealer (lots of phone calls); the culmination being he could tell me little more than what Plan had already told me (in my case, Nov 22 delivery - but truly - it's anyone's guess if that is accurate - he did mention it might go to Dec/Jan). He also politely reminded me that chasing up dates etc needs to be done via the broker (Plan) - which is fair enough I guess. I agreed to not darken his door again unless Plan go quiet on me; not that they have so far.

That said, I did manage to glean from him that my allotted build week was #45 and he confirmed my Order ref was valid (and had my company name against it). So I think Plan should be able to provide that build week for everyone who has ordered though them by now. We then just need to track how well orders are coming through / how well VW are sticking to that build schedule. For example, I read on a thread here that someone had been given a provisional collection date by their dealer of late July for a build week of #26. Given week 26 in the calendar is w/c 26/06/22 then late July suggests delivery is roughly 1 month after your build week (which tallies again with other threads I've read). So for my build week of #45 that yields a build date of w/c 06/11/22, and hence collection around 6th Dec, which would be fine.

So my advice would be:

a) Contact Plan and get the Build week info. If they don't have it then they should be able to get it.
b) Look up that build week in a calendar and add a month to it. That should be your collection date.
Tour Pro S (Scale Silver) on a Business Lease from Plan Cars
Ordered Mid-June 2022 from a cancelled Sep 2021 order, expected 11/22 now 03/23
Order ref 314011**
Octopus referral (£50 to us both): https://share.octopus.energy/soft-wave-441

marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Nice idea on the new thread, looking at our order numbers I would imagine mine is being supplied by the same dealer you tracked down, was last given build week 41 when I confirmed the order last week but havnt felt the need to double check it with them as yet anyway as seemed a little to soon to be chasing! Be nice if it comes forward but unlikely I suspect!
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Mine is a 314011 order also. Plan said there is no build date for mine, just "it will be advised of by VW closer to the time" - they initially told me November. Not expecting to hear for a while yet but I'm hoping it'll be one of these that just turns up all of a sudden. Worst case is get it next year which is quite painful to think about in June.
ID.3 Tour Pro S Glacier White - Plan Car Leasing. Build week... 69?

Now cancelled for a Cupra Born V2 Vapor Grey arriving September 2022
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

Alex, I'd be pushing Plan for a build week TBH.. Pretty sure the supplying dealer must have it by now - Plan just need to get the info from them and relay it back to you.
Order ref 314011**
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

MattBCL wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:09 pm Alex, I'd be pushing Plan for a build week TBH.. Pretty sure the supplying dealer must have it by now - Plan just need to get the info from them and relay it back to you.
I'll give it a month or so and nag for another update. Was a bit odd how the fella on the phone was telling me they didn't want to sell these cars until they had build dates which is why the deal popped up suddenly. Then I'm told mine doesn't have one :lol:

marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

I just logged in using my order number and email just for curiosity more than anything, mine has my details attached but just states pending and nothing more currently, sort of expected to see a build week at least?
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

I'm on one of these too except mines is a Max that's on order. I've only got my order number and haven't chased build week etc as they're saying November/December to me and my current lease doesn't end until Early March so whilst I'm not hoping for any delays the closer to march the car arrives the less money I need to pay to end my current lease a few months early lol

Mark, where are you putting your order number into? Don't see anything on the VW website?
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
Broker: Plan Car Leasing
Order: Cancelled
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Bigd0205 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:34 pm I'm on one of these too except mines is a Max that's on order. I've only got my order number and haven't chased build week etc as they're saying November/December to me and my current lease doesn't end until Early March so whilst I'm not hoping for any delays the closer to march the car arrives the less money I need to pay to end my current lease a few months early lol

Mark, where are you putting your order number into? Don't see anything on the VW website?

If you just go here https://www.plancarleasing.co.uk/account

Then pop in your order number, should start VW and your email you’ve given them and you should get some info.
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

marknorton1 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:47 pm
Bigd0205 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:34 pm I'm on one of these too except mines is a Max that's on order. I've only got my order number and haven't chased build week etc as they're saying November/December to me and my current lease doesn't end until Early March so whilst I'm not hoping for any delays the closer to march the car arrives the less money I need to pay to end my current lease a few months early lol

If you just go here https://www.plancarleasing.co.uk/account

Then pop in your order number, should start VW and your email you’ve given them and you should get some info.
Cheers didn't know that was a thing!

Interestingly that sites saying delivery is estimated for 31/01/2023
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Might just bag ourselves a facelift at this rate then! 😂
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

marknorton1 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:18 pm Might just bag ourselves a facelift at this rate then! 😂
Haha quite possibly. my order number is definitely lower than yours by around 200 orders... Not that the order number actually appears to mean much in the world of id3 order of production
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

Ah hell, mine’s now showing 31/12/22 according to that online viewer (which I didn’t know about either!). BTW for others, you put your Plan order ref (something like VWID-9*** not the VW order ref) - as on the order confirmation from Plan. I’ll be watching it like a hawk now. I guess I’ll need to update my signature now…. :(
Order ref 314011**
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Mine is 31/12 also. It looks more like a placeholder to me so I would take it with a pinch of salt.

Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

Took the leap and paid my £1200. Should add there was no pressure on this from plan beyond the original invoice.

Was also told I've a tentative build date of week 42 so 17-23 of October. Would be pretty happy if thats accurate and likely mean a late November delivery
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

I paid mine too so you’re definitely not alone there. I’ve seen some posts in the main delivery thread about people with a build week of 45 being told their ID3s are on the ship (“Main Highway’”) and are soon to be delivered. According to a shipping tracker I’ve got, that ship berthed in Grimsby yesterday, from Germany. I think comms from the factory are a bit haphazard, so it could well be that some of ours are being unloaded as we speak and are just weeks away. All just speculation though, but I’m remaining hopeful..
Order ref 314011**
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

Whilst for many I hope that is the case in my own circumstances I'm hoping for as close to year end as possible but if it arrives early I'll find a way to make it work so I get my id3. My current lease isn't due back until start of next year.
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
pmcg

Post by pmcg »

ID.3 Tour Pro S 77kWh - Glacier White
Ordered June 22 by Plan Car Leasing
Estimated Delivery: 30/11/2022
pmcg

Post by pmcg »

ID.3 Tour Pro S 77kWh - Scale Silver
Ordered June 22 by Plan Car Leasing
Estimated Delivery: 31/12/2022
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

Spoke to my contact at Plan this morning (Ben) to ask whether - given the recent spate of people saying their order had suddenly turned to 'built' - my car would soon be here. His response was that there was no change, and that he was as keen to see it delivered as me - presumably he gets his commission on delivery. He said he's keeping a close eye on it and will contact me as soon as there's something to tell. So no news as such, but good to know he's keeping a close eye on it.
Order ref 314011**
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

Is anyone taking the maintenance option on their lease. Been offered fully maintained for £25 per month so £900 over the course of the lease and I'm tempted on the basis of some of the chat in the tyre wear thread. Looking it at I predict I'd use at least 4 tyres but potentially 6 and the service pack seems to about £250ish if bought from VW... So seems either same ballpark or possibly making a saving
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey