2.4 update and battery replacement

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:12 am
rawws wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:51 pm
rawws wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:03 am Dropped mine off yesterday morning will see how it goes
Collected it today all went well no issues not sure why everyone else is seeing issues, and

Few things noticed all positives

UI noticeably faster and navigation location still saved

home button changed can customse its icon etc. to flags icons

Changing driving mode changes the theme of display colour sport is red , comfort blue eco green etc

DAB radio UI seem improved layout

Not charged it yet with rapid charger to see if 100kw barrier is breached

Overall great experience was a bit worried with some of the posts etc.

Will see if 3.0 over the air comes in near future
I assume you were on 2.1 prioir to this update as most of your findings are updates from 2.3 ?
Yeah seems rawws was on 2.1. Pretty much all those changes were in the move to 2.3 which was available 6 months ago.
I suspect the general opening up to 3.0 is a couple of months away. We’ll see.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.

rawws

Post by rawws »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:12 am
rawws wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:51 pm
rawws wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:03 am Dropped mine off yesterday morning will see how it goes
Collected it today all went well no issues not sure why everyone else is seeing issues, and

Few things noticed all positives

UI noticeably faster and navigation location still saved

home button changed can customse its icon etc. to flags icons

Changing driving mode changes the theme of display colour sport is red , comfort blue eco green etc

DAB radio UI seem improved layout

Not charged it yet with rapid charger to see if 100kw barrier is breached

Overall great experience was a bit worried with some of the posts etc.

Will see if 3.0 over the air comes in near future
I assume you were on 2.1 prioir to this update as most of your findings are updates from 2.3 ?
Correct i was on 2.1 when i took it for update to 2.4
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
ajf

Post by ajf »

rawws wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:11 am
When I spoke to my dealer today about booking mine (which is on 2.3) in for 2.4 update (and battery change) he said he has done 8 so far, 4 went well and 4 had issues. So far he can't identify the discriminator between the good and poor process cars. His team have to confirm the update by stages to make sure it is going OK.
iD3 Tour Pro (77kW) in white
Ordered Aug 2021, initially due Jan 2022, arrived 31 May 2022
Mandarinfish

Post by Mandarinfish »

Dropped my Tour in yesterday morning at VW Bury St Edmunds, and it was ready by 10 this morning.
All good so far.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS in Makena Turquoise
Heat Pump
smuj

Post by smuj »

Dropped mine off at 9 o’clock this morning and they rang at 4 o’clock to say completed successfully. Spoke to their service guy and he says so far they’ve been doing one per day for the last three weeks or so and all done in a day apart from one that took two days. Vertu Hereford.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 »

Mine has been moved from 17th august to 29 August,looks like they are struggling,hope this date will be the one.Luckily am getting a loan car as the garage is 10 miles away from my house .

ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS in Grey
Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 »

Sorry guys for putting this on here,my Tour pro is going on the 29th august for software,but my garage in Brighton,East Sussex can’t put my Nextbase GW522 as it’s not approved,they have only kenwood dash cams and I don’t like them and don’t want to spend more money to buy another dashcam,what’s any other way to get my dashcam into my ID3 ,if anyone out there has got an idea will appreciate,thanks
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Jimmybones100 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:25 am Sorry guys for putting this on here,my Tour pro is going on the 29th august for software,but my garage in Brighton,East Sussex can’t put my Nextbase GW522 as it’s not approved,they have only kenwood dash cams and I don’t like them and don’t want to spend more money to buy another dashcam,what’s any other way to get my dashcam into my ID3 ,if anyone out there has got an idea will appreciate,thanks
Fit it yourself if you aren't adverse to a bit of DIY? You'd need lierally a £2 set of trim removal tools, a 13 mm spanner, a few fuse jumper leads (available from ebay at about £2 each (assuming it is hardwired and you need a permanent live for parking monitoring) and about 30 mins of your time. You might also need a new 3M sticky pad for fixing it to your windscreen.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
martynh

Post by martynh »

Booked my ID3 into Heritage of Bristol, next appointment was end of Feb 2023.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

martynh wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:04 pm Booked my ID3 into Heritage of Bristol, next appointment was end of Feb 2023.
Wow. A real shame if people have to go through another full winter with 2.3.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

Made an online appointment for 12 September. Service department phoned an hour later - we're only doing two a week, very complicated etc, two days needed - earliest appointment 24 November !
Life Pro 58kWh Stonewashed blue with East Derry wheels
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

Well mine went into Hayseldens in Donny yesterday at 8am. No call by 4.15 as promised so I rang in and was told not ready, will be Monday morning so there. Service man told me just one day, so reet glad I hung out for a loan car. Jut better be done Monday, cos this loan car is petrol and last 2 days has cost me 20 quid for 130 miles, ID 3 would have been about 1.70. Anyone got a contact email so I can have a dig at VW.
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.
GrumpyRabbit

Post by GrumpyRabbit »

Phoned to make an appointment middle of last week and got in for 8am on Monday of this week at Lookers Teesside. I got a phone call at 4pm on that day to say it was done, no problems. The dealer said they’d had some that had completed in under a day, others where it had taken the full two days.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

I have my car done, updated to 2.4 and battery replaced. Drove home today, having taken it in on Thursday. After re-instating my preferred ‘background’ colour, the only other thing I’ve noticed [for now at least] is that some of the dynamic features seem to be present, even with having ACC turned on! Screen seems slightly quicker too. And in D there seems to be more regen than previously; in fact it seems halfway towards the characteristics of B now.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
rawws

Post by rawws »

Will be interesting to see how it will perform in winter months
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Correction! WITHOUT having the ACC on!!
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Raxacorico wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:29 pm I have my car done, updated to 2.4 and battery replaced. Drove home today, having taken it in on Thursday. After re-instating my preferred ‘background’ colour, the only other thing I’ve noticed [for now at least] is that some of the dynamic features seem to be present, even with having ACC turned on! Screen seems slightly quicker too. And in D there seems to be more regen than previously; in fact it seems halfway towards the characteristics of B now.
Re: regen, that sounds like you might be in sport mode? Has always given a sort of halfway-to-B regen level.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Thanks for the suggestion Sidehaas, I'll check that out. Having borrowed a Polo in the interim, the ID3 did seem might fast!
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

So waited till lunchtime today and then phoned my VW dealer regarding progress on the car. Unfortunately none at that time, but guy will update me at 3.00 pm, and he duly phoned to report the ID Brick was proving troublesome. Problem is I'm off on 2 weeks vacation from tomorrow. He is sending someone to pick up the loan car, cos I don't want it on my drive just in case. He seemed a little pleased he had 2 weeks more to have a play with it, and promised he would have it delivered to my home the afternoon we get back. We'll see eh ?
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.
Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Wonder if you have your car back yet - and has it been successfully updated. Mine has been put back over 3 weeks because the VW agent can't guarantee it back in 3 days! Is this what VW call service?