2.4 update and battery replacement

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
TheMack

Post by TheMack »

Well we had an email today to urge us to book in for the new battery and Update. So I contacted our dealership... and they are fully booked, and the Calendar for January is not open yet.... Yikes.
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh
Ordered Sep 2021
Delivered May 2022

Mattf01

Post by Mattf01 »

Has anyone done the update and had more issues/glitches than they had previously?
ID 3 58kwh Life Pro Performance
Ordered August 2021
Delivered March 2022
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Car in this AM. Chappie said they have done "some" in 1 day but most take 2. Lets see what transpires.

The courtesy Polo is manual and has a handbrake....already got so used to the autohold that took a little getting used to!
Last edited by Up the jumper on Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Ours went into local Windrush VW yesterday after a 5 week booking lead time. Was called at 4pm to say it wouldn’t be ready until this morning (update console had crashed?!, but it was done by 09:30 so they must have just run out of time. Haven’t noticed any differences yet.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

I just wanted them to fix my SOS error but they insisted it could only be done via trying 2.4 first.
So I’m booked in tomorrow Harrogate.
Said probably collect Thursday.
I am selling it very soon, let’s hope they don’t mess it up and give me grief…
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
EVCal

Post by EVCal »

Thanks to this forum, my dealer is now aware of this and I’ve asked him to get it sorted before I take delivery of the car. Fingers crossed 🤞
iD3 Max Pro Performance 58kWh. All bells. All whistles. Software Version 3.0
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

EVCal wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:55 am Thanks to this forum, my dealer is now aware of this and I’ve asked him to get it sorted before I take delivery of the car. Fingers crossed 🤞
If you haven't got it yet surely it will come with 3.0?
EVCal

Post by EVCal »

Car is 2021, not brand new. From what I’m reading on here, I’m quickly learning not to expect too much.
iD3 Max Pro Performance 58kWh. All bells. All whistles. Software Version 3.0
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Up the jumper wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:15 am Car in this AM. Chappie said they have done "some" in 1 day but most take 2. Lets see what transpires.

The courtesy Polo is manual and has a handbrake....already got so used to the autohold that took a little getting used to!
Ok, so due to pick up car at 16.00. Surprise, surprise it is not ready. Advised awaiting a response from VW technical to a call placed about 14.00. Seems they are swamped. From the tone of the conversation didn't sound like was confident it will be resolved swiftly.
Gloucestershire.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Took mine into Vertu Harrogate today. Very large dealer with lots of ID3’s and ID5’s dotted around, so I assume they have some experience.
They said it would take 2 days and gave me a POlo loaner.
Interesting that the massive showroom was empty, No new cars for promo.
Sign of the times.

Ps. I also have requested a replacement dog damaged armrest foam. I hate to think of the number they are going to some up with to replace that.,
vanb

Post by vanb »

OB1CCFC wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:14 pm Took mine into Vertu Harrogate today. Very large dealer with lots of ID3’s and ID5’s dotted around, so I assume they have some experience.
They said it would take 2 days and gave me a POlo loaner.
Interesting that the massive showroom was empty, No new cars for promo.
Sign of the times.

Ps. I also have requested a replacement dog damaged armrest foam. I hate to think of the number they are going to some up with to replace that.,
I love my arm rest. It’s so comfortable. It would be interesting to know how much the replacement costs you.
comolokooo

Post by comolokooo »

G43FAN wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:18 am
sidehaas wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:28 pm Some dealers seem to be having more trouble than others. If you have another dealer nearby maybe try them?
There seems to be a massive, no gigantic, no Intergallactic difference between dealerships.
Some people are getting hampers and gifts for the inconvenience
I am in North Wales where after several unreturned phone calls about the update I eventually booked via the VW booking system only to then be told by the dealership that they do not supply courtesy cars in any circumstances. Unfotunately the next convenient dealership to me, which I have used for a number of years up to recently seems to have had a complete change of staff and their attitude to customer service seems to be that they are doing me a favour accepting my custom.
Mine's going in on the 24th August, there's no car booked as the dealership is walking distance from my work, but if it fails I am going to be stranded at 5:00 pm unless they find a vehicle to give me.. let's see what happens.
The idea of ​​leather mouse pad is crazy. It would definitely be a good suggestion.
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Up the jumper wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:06 pm
Up the jumper wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:15 am Car in this AM. Chappie said they have done "some" in 1 day but most take 2. Lets see what transpires.

Ok, so due to pick up car at 16.00. Surprise, surprise it is not ready. Advised awaiting a response from VW technical to a call placed about 14.00. Seems they are swamped. From the tone of the conversation didn't sound like was confident it will be resolved swiftly.
Update 2. Call at 10.00 to say car is ready. Picked up at 12.00, washed and valeted. All seems ok in short drive home. Then when arrived a We Connect update.
Gloucestershire.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

My car went in for 2.4 yesterday morning heard nothing so far (2pm on day 2). But the VW ‘health check video’ just arrived.
Basically just a tyre check😂
4.6mm on fronts 3.6mm on backs. After 18,000 miles. Not bad. Conti ecocontact 6.
They were going to contact me re price for armrest foam replacement, obv didn’t happen. I’ll ring at 4pm.
The joy.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Ok just had a call. 2.4 is done along with a new control unit and new battery. Will pick up shortly.

The new armrest is £208.
vanb

Post by vanb »

OB1CCFC wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:03 pm Ok just had a call. 2.4 is done along with a new control unit and new battery. Will pick up shortly.

The new armrest is £208.
Glad it all went well. Thanks for sharing the cost of replacement arm rest.
rawws

Post by rawws »

Mattf01 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:46 am Has anyone done the update and had more issues/glitches than they had previously?
Funnny enough one issue just charging on AC 7kw charger and appears to be maxing out at 4kw even before reaching 80% someone mentioned similar
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

rawws wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:31 pm
Funnny enough one issue just charging on AC 7kw charger and appears to be maxing out at 4kw even before reaching 80% someone mentioned similar
Mine has done that since I took delivery in December last year. I'm using the Ohme Home Pro charger.
Ohme has created a work around.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

My dealer has just rung to postpone my 2.4 update and battery change for the second time. 'Master technician still not available' was the reason given.

Now booked in for 7th Sept. Not holding my breath.
rawws

Post by rawws »

Newfie wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:40 pm
rawws wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:31 pm
Mine has done that since I took delivery in December last year. I'm using the Ohme Home Pro charger.
Ohme has created a work around.
noticed when charging public 7kw podpoints i regurlay use and work charger hopefully the DC goes above 100kw am trevelling today 300miles lol

is it an issue or by design 2.4 limits 4kw? 7 and 4 kw makes a huge differnce in terms of charging time.

4kw would need over 13h from low if charging to max 100% which is crazy overnight wont be enough will contact dealer to see what they say
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw