2.4 update and battery replacement

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
l4oth

Post by l4oth »

alex1337 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:32 pm
l4oth wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:23 pm Day 1 of the 2.4 upgrade…..

They phoned and said they would need to keep the car until tomorrow.

What is interesting is I imagined that whilst upgrading the car they would have plugged the car in, but looking at the app, apparently not.
Wouldn't count on free electricity these days.

Is VW 30 years behind in technology? How does swapping out a battery and updating software take over a day. Software update probably on a floppy disk.
Yes, I think you are probably right and like most things I am sure they will be quicker in subsequent iterations of the same upgrade activity.

rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:39 pm
rikimaru wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:34 pm What's this summer health check and is it worth it?
They'll check your tyre pressures, top up your screenwah and check your lights on top of the normal health check the do anyway in order to suggest other things you'll need doing.. tyre replacment usually. So I would suggest 'No'.
Mine told me they're going to wash the outside and vacuum the inside. Around here, that alone costs nearly the same price as what VW are charging, although I imagine in VW's case it's going to be a much less thorough job.
l4oth wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:23 pm Day 1 of the 2.4 upgrade…..

They phoned and said they would need to keep the car until tomorrow.

What is interesting is I imagined that whilst upgrading the car they would have plugged the car in, but looking at the app, apparently not.
Perhaps 2.4 actually refers to the number of days our cars will be kept in service for.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Mine now booked in for 30th August! They couldn’t find a trained technician to do the upgrade before that. (JCT600).
I guess Ill ring around again. But it is really a bore.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

OB1CCFC wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:29 am Mine now booked in for 30th August! They couldn’t find a trained technician to do the upgrade before that. (JCT600).
I guess Ill ring around again. But it is really a bore.
Given how Tooks’ update has gone, we’ll all probably be waiting that long to get ours finalised anyway!
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

We are booked in on 1st August. We couldn't get a courtesy car without waiting until the end of August, at which point we are on holiday so it would have had to have been September.
There was an appointment available on 22nd July but we need the car the day after and I didn't want to rely on it being done in one day given early reports from others!
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

VengefulSeal wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:22 am I just booked mine online. I'd called the dealer last week and was told to go away...

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-4.html

is the link, I clicked through there and I'm booked for 2nd August. The VW page wanted £20 for the courtesy car as well. I work around the corner from the dealer so not needed.
Had a message from dealer this morning and they didn't realise that the upgrade would take 8 hours when they booked me in :roll:

So next available date is 30th August which they automatically moved me to without checking...

When I get a moment later, I shall call and see about bringing it forward..
l4oth

Post by l4oth »

Car came back today at lunchtime so it will either be a long day starting first thing or be over one day for 2.4 upgrade.

It was the first one for the dealer so perhaps they will get quicker……
Gannet15

Post by Gannet15 »

Went into local dealer two days ago and was offered 21st July booking for update and told it could take five or six hours to complete so booked car in. Just had phone call to advise me that update could take longer and may run into second day. Just have to wait and see!

Update. Just got call from dealer "Technician scheduled to do update (only one trained) will not be available for time needed. Can we reschedule?"
Last edited by Gannet15 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I had a call this morning where the dealers cancelled my upgrade appointment tomorrow (Friday). Seems they’d not actually done one yet and wanted to test it in one on their own card to make sure it doesn’t brick the car. Also said it takes 6 hours just for the sw update let alone the module change / battery. Nice of them to not just plough ahead anyway - bit of a shame but better to be safe etc…

Dealer was Inchcape Stockport.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Anyone sensing this is shaping up for a huge mess?
The dealers clearly have no confidence so don’t expect customers to….
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Ps. Any glimmer of hope of 3.0 before winter is rapidly receding…
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I have booked mine in for 9th August. If I haven't read on here about some positive experiences before then I might decide to postpone it though!
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

So presumably they could return the software to the previous working 2.3 If they find this 2.4 update just isn’t working? Or is that too simplistic a view? If it turns out that they have under tested this update and made a complete pigs ear of the whole process, it’s no wonder existing owners are wanting to dump VW. And what would this do to the used prices of these cars?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Scratch wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:45 pm So presumably they could return the software to the previous working 2.3 If they find this 2.4 update just isn’t working? Or is that too simplistic a view? If it turns out that they have under tested this update and made a complete pigs ear of the whole process, it’s no wonder existing owners are wanting to dump VW. And what would this do to the used prices of these cars?
Is that really the reason people are dumping the VW? I think the currently crazy used prices are having something to do with it - driving the car a year and being in seriously positive equity - tempting to blow that on something a little different. Swapping a year old car for something else brand new with very little to put in to it.

I was fine with 2.3.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

I was booked in for Weds 20th July (possible 2 days). Got a phone call this morning to say that they had 3 cars booked in for that day and they have just realised they can only do 1 per day - could they rearrange? Now booked in for the following week. They said mine would only need 2 items changing - some needed 4.
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
l4oth

Post by l4oth »

After using yesterday (PM) on 2.4 the obvious major difference is the start-up seems quite a bit quicker.

Will try some other things today, if I get the chance.

I can’t help but think they will get lots of calls from confused customers - the ID software still says “2.3.0” (how many will know to actually look for software (0912)?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Comparing my 3.0 Born to my old 2.3 ID3, It's a bit quicker, but not much. To be fair it was quite a bit quicker with no user profiles before I registered the car with the My Born app (ID connect equivalent). Since then it has slowed a bit and the Cupra app isn't working properly, I can do almost nothing with it.in it's current state.

For those stuck on 2.3, you're not missing much.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

l4oth wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:27 am After using yesterday (PM) on 2.4 the obvious major difference is the start-up seems quite a bit quicker.

Will try some other things today, if I get the chance.

I can’t help but think they will get lots of calls from confused customers - the ID software still says “2.3.0” (how many will know to actually look for software (0912)?
When Chris Battery Life got to test V3.o software, he said then that the startup time was no different. I hope that means they have moded it. It's my one big gripe.

So VW can't even get the software to report the correct version number! Doesn't bode well for the rest of the software updates.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

l4oth wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:27 am I can’t help but think they will get lots of calls from confused customers - the ID software still says “2.3.0” (how many will know to actually look for software (0912)?
What's that all about??
terminettore

Post by terminettore »

HI,

i'm from Italy,

2 days ago I took the car to my VW workshop (ID3 58kWh) fo r2.4 update and battery replacement, and at this time the car is not ready......

After job completion the car is not seeing the new (or old) 12 volt battery, and the red battery indicator is always on.

They tried to repeat the updates without resolving the issue, and Volkswagen has not yet found the solution........
I asked to rollback to 2.3 but seems isn't possible.............

No courtesy car available......... :evil:

Without words.........