Software Update 3rd Oct

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Kiwiboy

Post by Kiwiboy »

Hi, got my 1st edition last Wednesday. There are a few glitchy software issues. A number seem to have been addressed. What was most concerning was while using the speed limit function, active cruise control. The car read speed limits in km while the car is set to miles. Example. The limit would say 70 km when it should be 70mls and the car would drop to 44mls!! Totally random and very dangerous when in traffic. Ended up deactivating this function. Using the we connect ID app I also have no communication with remote AC or charging options?? Is there something I have got wrong or is this the same for everyone currently? I know there are a few things to discuss here but I hope we can all chat freely about what has the potential to be an amazing EV for Volkswagen

Kiwiboy

Post by Kiwiboy »

2C535D66-125F-4F1C-9922-1DF9A55031D9.jpeg

Kiwiboy

Post by Kiwiboy »

Here is my app... what are you getting out of interest?

0909FAE1-E361-44A5-80F7-FDF6A70747BC.jpeg

Christian43

Post by Christian43 »

I can't get my app to connect to the car. I keep trying but the car will not generate a new QR code. My ACC is ok but I have also had a speed limiter sign of 110mph.
Kiwiboy

Post by Kiwiboy »

Hi, I had problems connecting the we connect ID app also and found the car needs to have good 4g signal for it to work. I’m still puzzled why I can get the remote AC and charging features working.
Christian43

Post by Christian43 »

ok thanks, I have tired a few times in different locations to see if signal strength helped but will keep trying. My dealer told me the remote AC and charging features would only work once I got the app connected....I guess from your comment that is not the case.
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

I've got the same problem. It's really annoying not being able to check the charge or warm the car up...
Mooraker

Post by Mooraker »

I got this random speed warning sign changing to kilometers for the first time today - first to 110 on dual carriageway, but then in a town showing 45, then 56 on open road. First time I have seen it, so if there was a software update on 3 October, perhaps it introduced this bug?

Do VW have a reporting line for drivers to report these sort of bugs? - of which there are bound to be a few in eaarly months.
Rhevian

Post by Rhevian »

The main route to report bugs to VW is via the “Volkswagen ID. first movers club” private Facebook group: not the ideal scheme for bug reports.
Kiwiboy

Post by Kiwiboy »

Thanks for confirming it’s not just me having issues. I have booked my car into the dealer next week for a day and demanded a courtesy car. They wanted it for 2 days which refused and said I know it’s software so any diagnosis and software updates can be done in a day. So far I’m really not impressed with VWs approach to supporting us early adopters
lm7693

Post by lm7693 »

Also pleased to see this confirmed as I am having exactly the same issues. I had been particularly mystified by the '110 mph' display when driving on a motorway - it makes sense if the speed control unit doesn't know about miles per hour.

Hopefully Volkswagen are aware of this and will fix it with the first software patch.
ID. 3 1st Edition v3.2 Sept 2020
ID. 4 1st Edition v3.2 April 2021
VW ID. Charger Pro
Robsto

Post by Robsto »

Just got my new car today Has anybody been able to create a charging location to allow timed charging
SteveGC

Post by SteveGC »

Hi I collected my ID.3 on 8/10/20. There were a few problems connecting the app but once there was a strong 4G signal it all worked fine. I am now able to start it charging and adjust the AC etc. I have also linked my We Charge card as well. I have had similar issues with the miles/KM confusion. Also in driver assist lane mode when using the ACC if you are approaching a car in the to the left the ACC starts to slow the car as if you were trying to pass on the inside lane. It is easily overridden by using the accelerator. I assume the software is still set for right hand in Europe?