We charge app update

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Anyone had the we charge app update?

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Our car hasn’t been connected for weeks, replacing it with another brand over the summer.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Mines come through. Left it until tomorrow to install etc.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Mine tried on Friday, got stuck but then seemed to install over night. I had a brief play with it mid journey yesterday. On the positive side I would say it seemed a bit less laggy than before (still a bit laggy, but before it was often completely unusable for me). On the negative, they said you could filter on operator but all it gives me as options are wecharge, Ionity or all, like in the phone app.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

sidehaas wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:25 am Mine tried on Friday, got stuck but then seemed to install over night. I had a brief play with it mid journey yesterday. On the positive side I would say it seemed a bit less laggy than before (still a bit laggy, but before it was often completely unusable for me). On the negative, they said you could filter on operator but all it gives me as options are wecharge, Ionity or all, like in the phone app.
Why this isn’t integrated (though it is sort of) in the nav app? Or why not ditch the nav and do everything via wecharge? 🤦‍♂️ oh well.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

MotMot wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:49 am
sidehaas wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:25 am Mine tried on Friday, got stuck but then seemed to install over night. I had a brief play with it mid journey yesterday. On the positive side I would say it seemed a bit less laggy than before (still a bit laggy, but before it was often completely unusable for me). On the negative, they said you could filter on operator but all it gives me as options are wecharge, Ionity or all, like in the phone app.
Why this isn’t integrated (though it is sort of) in the nav app? Or why not ditch the nav and do everything via wecharge? 🤦‍♂️ oh well.
VW like to do things ‘organically’😉
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

Mine appeared on screen Friday am, so i enabled it, but has been stuck at about 75% across the progress bar even though I have driven about 3 hrs since it started
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

OB1CCFC wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:19 am
VW like to do things ‘organically’😉
By that do you mean they feed their customers with horse manure in answer to queries? :lol:
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Had the message appear about the We Charge app, gave app permission to install, usual message about 'installation will pause if you leave the car etc' but then a few moments later said 'install complete'. We will see....My experience mirrors others' on this forum - the app was slow and laggy to start up and operate, so rarely inclined to use it: will be interesting to see if it's improved
id3 Max 2021
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

I’ve downloaded yesterday and also logged in and all seems fine! It seems to work lots smoother than before! In the filter’s it won’t let you choose availability of the chargers maybe this will change with the big update 🤞 it’s the first thing that’s worked right first time.I’m pleased with it!👍
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I wish it was all in the nav app too. They answered this exact question on the Facebook group as follows:
Updating the nav app requires a full update of the main software eg 2.4, 3.0. They want to be able to give us more regular and less time consuming updates than those in between the big updates, and they can do that through separate new apps like wecharge.
Which to be fair makes sense.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

Went out this am cos I didn't use the car yesterday, and the update has completed. Will see what difference it makes today on way home from London
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Tbh I can’t see a difference in the app. I’ve not looked hard though! Apart from when driving past Burton in Kendal yesterday ther was no live info - none of the newer chargers and the name of the company was t gridserve 😂 2/10.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

The wecharge and WeConnectID data info is all wrong for Gridserve. They call them Greenflux Electric Highway (wtf is Greenflux?) and they aren't correctly identified as using ad-hoc authentication (checking this option in wecharge at the moment is effectively a filter for Instavolt). I don't think they have the new high powers chargers in the system either.
Wecharge/WeConnectID don't show MFG sites at all, which is also annoying.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

sidehaas wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:39 pm
I wish it was all in the nav app too. They answered this exact question on the Facebook group as follows:
Updating the nav app requires a full update of the main software eg 2.4, 3.0. They want to be able to give us more regular and less time consuming updates than those in between the big updates, and they can do that through separate new apps like wecharge.
Which to be fair makes sense.
I'd question that answer.. Isn't it the same Nav app as on ICE cars, nothing to do with 2.4 or 3.0...
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

That's optimistic for most of us that are still waiting for version 2.4 in our cars.
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

smyth1492 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:46 pm
That's optimistic for most of us that are still waiting for version 2.4 in our cars.
Not really, the new wecharge with 2.3 is identical to the one in the video, it just comes via download instead of from the shop.
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

[/quote]
Not really, the new wecharge with 2.3 is identical to the one in the video, it just comes via download instead of from the shop.
[/quote]

I may have missed something here.....how do you download and instal in 2.3?
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Up the jumper wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:33 pm
[/quote]

I may have missed something here.....how do you download and instal in 2.3?
[/quote]
You should have had a prompt that an update was available in the last week or so. It may have just done it in the background - check if your wecharge app will show you filters like in the video if you click on a wecharge charging point (the old app had less info). If it's not been done check if there is an update waiting for you in the settings menu. Otherwise it might be rolling out gradually I guess.