Has anyone had the 3.0 ota update yet?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:34 am According to Chris at Battery Life, the people in the first waves (in Germany) are sent an email notifying them before the update.

So look out for that. The email usually arrives the week before the update.
lol when you say 'Usually' ? Is there actually evidence for this or is it just what VW think will happen. (Like the 2.3 email)

OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:34 am According to Chris at Battery Life, the people in the first waves (in Germany) are sent an email notifying them before the update.

So look out for that. The email usually arrives the week before the update.
I understand Chris couldn’t download the 3.0 OTA…
I mean we are 2 years into this car now and one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world seem to have the software capability of an undergraduate project. A poor one.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:14 pm
lol when you say 'Usually' ? Is there actually evidence for this or is it just what VW think will happen. (Like the 2.3 email)
Haha good point lol
OB1CCFC wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:54 pm I understand Chris couldn’t download the 3.0 OTA…
I mean we are 2 years into this car now and one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world seem to have the software capability of an undergraduate project. A poor one.
Yup, it doesn’t bode well. He seemed to have had a much better experience with the 2.4 update, but that was entirely in VW’s control. Their record on OTAs just shows they’re a little out of their depth.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
CamWD

Post by CamWD »

Does anyone know if this update is out in the UK yet?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

CamWD wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:43 pm Does anyone know if this update is out in the UK yet?
It's not on general release enywhere. Only those who volunteered for testing have had it. It hasn't gone well so will be a while yet.
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

I’m not on social media so have not seen the negative feedback around the reliability/problems occurred by the OTA update, however, for me it went without flaws and others on this forum have had the update without any major setbacks.

The earlier cars might be a different problem though and I have not seen anyone post on this forum who has a 1st Gen car that has received the update and it going badly
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:09 pm
CamWD wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:43 pm Does anyone know if this update is out in the UK yet?
It's not on general release enywhere. Only those who volunteered for testing have had it. It hasn't gone well so will be a while yet.
I wouldn't really agree with this final line. The vast majority have gone through it successfully. I would say it's gone much better than the 2.4 programme and probably as well as should be hoped for what VW acknowledged was effectively a final beta rollout (although they didn't call it that). I still haven't seen a single 3.0 OTA failure in the UK (happy to be corrected). There have apparently been 30 across Europe. Anecdotally from Facebook there were clusters in Ireland and Denmark; VW's latest Comms imply they are to do with certain combinations of hardware.

They are now rolling out another wave in December.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

sidehaas wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:04 pm
G43FAN wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:09 pm
I wouldn't really agree with this final line. The vast majority have gone through it successfully. I would say it's gone much better than the 2.4 programme and probably as well as should be hoped for what VW acknowledged was effectively a final beta rollout (although they didn't call it that). I still haven't seen a single 3.0 OTA failure in the UK (happy to be corrected). There have apparently been 30 across Europe. Anecdotally from Facebook there were clusters in Ireland and Denmark; VW's latest Comms imply they are to do with certain combinations of hardware.

They are now rolling out another wave in December.
I was translating VWs own statement.. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1536&p=34009&hilit=850#p34009
Only managed 850 so far and 30 were bricked that needed Dealer Intervention.. I would suggest that was "not very well".. Scale that up to the 120,000 odd ID.3s that need the update and that's a lot of Bricked cars (4000?) So I stand by my comment. They may identify a particular cause and sort it out, but on past performance I cansee them scrapping it and starting again, or as I have said previously a long time ago.. they will invoke the get out of declaring hardware incompatible with the software and the older cars will not get the upgrade. They are already trying to manage 6/7 versions of the software. That is somewhat ridiculous for a company that is competent let alone VW.

When did they announce the December roll out, is that another Facebook lottery?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

December 3.0 OTA rollout announced this morning for people who sent an email but didn't get included in the first wave.
They have also announced a separate update for cars that were built with 3.0, to give them some optimisations that are on 3.0 OTA.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

sidehaas wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:37 pm December 3.0 OTA rollout announced this morning for people who sent an email but didn't get included in the first wave.
They have also announced a separate update for cars that were built with 3.0, to give them some optimisations that are on 3.0 OTA.
So there's 2 versions of 3.0.. lol what an absoulte S... S...
Wow.. 2nd largest (?) car manufacturer in the world and this is how they manage updates, it's not acceptable on any level really. It's a good thing the car is actually mechanically very nice.
Deleted User 2790

Post by Deleted User 2790 »

Thanks Sidehass for your reply and for the latest info. I too believe that the UK elements have gone quite smoothly but measured against VW’s own poor performance standards to date. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get included in this next wave.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:05 pm
sidehaas wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:37 pm December 3.0 OTA rollout announced this morning for people who sent an email but didn't get included in the first wave.
So there's 2 versions of 3.0.. lol what an absoulte S... S...
Wow.. 2nd largest (?) car manufacturer in the world and this is how they manage updates, it's not acceptable on any level really. It's a good thing the car is actually mechanically very nice.
We already knew that. They have different version numbers. Further, they will still be different after these optimisations. Cars with 3.0 from the factory have additional profile functions that OTA cars don't get.
From a software config control perspective the versions 0910, 0912, 0333, 0363 etc are presumably what matter. 3.0 is just a badge.
Jonr37

Post by Jonr37 »

my car is booked in for the 12v battery and software update. going in 3 weeks today. will update with how things are once it is done

my dealer tells me they only book cars in on monday and Wednesdays. as lots of the updates fail/take longer than expected / have to be done again
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Jonr37 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:23 pm my car is booked in for the 12v battery and software update. going in 3 weeks today. will update with how things are once it is done

my dealer tells me they only book cars in on monday and Wednesdays. as lots of the updates fail/take longer than expected / have to be done again
Think you meant to reply to the other thread about 2.4, as that’s what they’ll be putting your car on.

This thread is about the 3.0 OTA which will come after.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Just noticed the first post on this thread was in early August last year.
What are the odds we will be having a "12 months waiting for OTA 3.0" thread later this year?
fatman

Post by fatman »

I got 3.0 update on 4th of January.all good
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
macwatt

Post by macwatt »

Reading VW’s information regarding 3.0 OTA once you have received 2.4 software with replacement battery then your ID 3 should immediately download the software update why people have to wait for a few weeks if that’s indeed the case is not acceptable after the horrendous delays already on software updates.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

macwatt wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:09 pm Reading VW’s information regarding 3.0 OTA once you have received 2.4 software with replacement battery then your ID 3 should immediately download the software update why people have to wait for a few weeks if that’s indeed the case is not acceptable after the horrendous delays already on software updates.
Reading VW are obviously as well-informed as many other dealers then.
There is no timescale for a general rollout of 3.0 yet. It could be any day, the trial waves have surely almost completed now, but there is no date. The VW website was updated in the summer to say you'd get it a couple of weeks after 2.4 but that's not remotely true.
Ilovedidvolks

Post by Ilovedidvolks »

Got my ID3 updated to 2.4 at dealership in August. Was told at the time that an OTA notification would show after two weeks. Nothing ever happened.
I believe newest version is 3.2 now? Not sure why it would take VW forever to roll out 3.0 update for older models.
2021 ID3 Family Pro Performance
Stonewashed blue
Software 2.4 - updated to 3.1 on 31/08/23
Still waiting for OTA :roll:
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

fatman wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:11 am I got 3.0 update on 4th of January.all good
How’d you get it? Did you email VW?