New ID.3 Pricing Announced and you can order from next week

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Just four weeks after the first British customers collected their ID.3 1ST Editions, Volkswagen has announced pricing for the seven pre-configured series ID.3 models. The lowest-priced of these net carbon-neutral models, the ID.3 Life, will cost £29,990 RRP OTR including the £3,000 plug-in car grant. Orders for the new models will open next week with first deliveries expected before the end of the month.

27240-27134VWID31STDEANSMITH005.jpg

Volkswagen is preparing to open the order books for seven new ID.3 variants following the arrival of the limited-production ID.3 1ST Edition. Six of these models use the familiar 58 kWh battery (net capacity) and 204 PS motor seen on the 1ST Edition, while the ID.3 Tour also has a 204 PS motor but introduces the largest 77 kWh battery (net capacity) with an increased range of 336 miles (WLTP combined figure). Next year more accessible variants – with lower power outputs and the smallest 45 kWh battery – will go on sale.

The ID.3 Pro Performance (58 kWh battery and 204 PS motor) will be available in six specification levels: Life, Style, Business, Family, Tech and Max. At the top of the range, meanwhile, the four-seater ID.3 Pro S will have the largest battery fitted (77 kWh and 204 PS motor). This will be available only in Tour specification. Each of these trim levels comes with a pre-configured specification, built with a variety of option packages designed to suit different customer needs. This approach also enables the carbon-neutral factory in Zwickau, Germany, to build the cars faster.

All seven ID.3 models will feature LED headlights, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, Car2X, Natural Voice Control, parking sensors front and rear, and wheels no smaller than 18 inches in diameter. In addition they all receive navigation with 10-inch touch screen, keyless start, Driver Profile Selection, climate control, interior alarm and the innovative ID.Light function. All ID.3s will also be capable of over-the-air software updates to ensure the vehicles have the latest infotainment and battery software. During Q1 2021 a free software update will enable wireless smartphone charging and App Connect in all ID.3 models.

The new specification levels are pre-configured with different option packages: there are five in total with each having an additional ‘Plus’ version. These are identified as Design, Infotainment, Comfort, Assistance and Sport.

The Design package brings an impressive amount of kit, including the intelligent IQ.Light LED matrix headlights with welcome function and Dynamic Light Assist, LED rear lights with animation, interior ambient lighting with 30 colours, an illuminated light strip that runs between the headlights and the Volkswagen roundel, and tinted rear windows. The ‘Plus’ version adds a large panoramic sunroof 130 cm long and over a metre wide.

The Infotainment package appears on all seven models and features Discover Pro navigation. The system has a 10-inch touch screen with preloaded European navigation data, 2D or 3D map view, speed limit display, Bluetooth connection for simultaneous pairing of two mobile devices, DAB radio, and two front USB-C sockets. Meanwhile, the ‘Plus’ package adds an upgraded sound pack with subwoofer and the augmented reality head-up display.

The Comfort package also appears on all seven models and includes the Light & Sight bundle that features electrically folding and adjustable mirrors with projection light, and automatically dimming rear-view mirror and rain sensor. Two USB-C ports are fitted in the rear of the car while heated seats and a heated steering wheel are fitted up front. ‘Plus’ adds 2-zone climate control and a variable boot floor.

With the Assistance package comes a rear view camera, keyless entry, and illuminated door handles. ‘Plus’ specification adds Travel Assist, Side Assist and Emergency Assist.

Finally, the Sport package brings with it progressive steering and sports suspension. The ‘Plus’ version will be available at a later date and adds Dynamic Chassis Control.

The lowest-priced ID.3 Life model costs £29,9901 and has two packages included: the Infotainment and Comfort. It features cloth seats with integrated armrests and the interior is available solely in black.

The ID.3 Business benefits from a considerable equipment boost and costs £33,7201. It features four packages: Design, Infotainment, Comfort and Assistance.

Next up is the ID.3 Family costing £34,650 , which adds to the Business specification with Design ‘Plus’, Infotainment, Comfort ‘Plus’ and Assistance packages.

The ID.3 Style focuses on aesthetics. Costing £34,1801 it has three packages: Design ‘Plus’, Infotainment and Comfort.

The ID.3 Tech majors on the latest advanced technology available for the ID.3 and has the Design ‘Plus’, Infotainment ‘Plus’, Comfort and Assistance ‘Plus’ packages. The ID.3 Tech comes in at £36,1901.

As the name suggests, the ID.3 Max is highly specified, demonstrating the long list of luxury equipment available on the ID.3. With ‘Plus’ versions of the Design, Infotainment, Comfort and Assistance packages, it is priced at £38,2201. It also introduces the Sport package with progressive steering and sports suspension.

Finally the ID.3 Tour, based on the Pro S with the 77 kWh battery for a range of almost 340 miles, costs £39,2901 and carries the Design package and three ‘Plus’ packages: Infotainment, Comfort and Assistance.

ID.3 Business, Family, Style and Tech models feature seats finished in cloth and ArtVelours. The front ones have integrated armrests, while the rears have a central armrest and loading function. Play & Pause pedals are also included. The Max and Tour models go a step further and gain 12-way electric front-seat adjustment and pneumatic lumbar support with a massage function.

While the specification is fixed on each ID.3 model, customers can choose from six exterior colours, three interior colour combinations, a number of wheel options and a list of extras including a heat pump, as well as various accessories such as a rear-mounted bike carrier.

Exterior colours offered are: Moonstone Grey, Makena Turquoise Metallic, Manganese Grey Metallic, Stonewashed Blue Metallic, Scale Silver Metallic and Glacier White Metallic. All ID.3s feature a contrasting black roof and bootlid.

Customers can further customise the exterior of their ID.3 with the Exterior Style packages. Available in Silver or Penny Copper, the roofline and C-pillar foil can be finished in either colour. Matching wheels are also available. The sill and bumper will be finished in Grey Tech Metallic with either pack.

Interior colours offered are black, white and black or white and orange. The ID.3 Life is available exclusively with a black interior. For the white interiors the display housings, steering wheel and steering column, and the control modules in the doors are all finished in Electric White. Meanwhile, the armrests in the doors and the upper area of the dash panel can be finished in Dusty Grey or Safrano Orange.

All ID.3s, with the exception of the Tour model, ride on 18-inch ‘Aero’ steel wheels. Customers can upgrade their wheels to any of the following alloy options: 18-inch ‘East Derry’, 19-inch ‘Andoya’ also available in Penny Copper, or 20-inch ‘Sanya’. The ID.3 Tour has the 19-inch wheel as standard so can only be upgraded to the Penny Copper version or the 20-inch wheel.

Order books will open on 22 October and the first examples of these new ID.3 models are expected to arrive by the end of the month. Like the ID.3 1ST Edition, the series ID.3 cars will be delivered to customers net carbon-neutral.

Tim O’Donovan, EV Product Marketing Manager at Volkswagen UK, said: “We are over the moon to be able to offer an ID.3 in the UK for under £30,000 so soon after the initial launch. The ID.3 Life is far from basic, with our medium sized battery, most powerful motor and extensive standard equipment list. Versions of the ID.3 with a smaller battery and less powerful motors will go on sale later next year with an even lower price.

“The ID.3 Life represents an affordable way for many people to take the leap into emission-free motoring. We’ve been working hard to make the switch to electric as simple as possible too. With Tesco and Pod Point we are continuing to roll out free chargers in stores across the country, and we’ve partnered with Octopus energy with a great offer that can provide up to 8,000 free miles if you switch to its renewable home energy supply. There has never been a better time to go electric.”

ID3 Pro.JPG

27239-27077VWID31STDEANSMITH045.jpg

Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Hanks for posting. I’ll keep my eyes peeled on VW’s online configurator.

A
ID.3 1st Edition
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

jsp

Post by jsp »

Shame we don't know any details about the lower battery and motor pairing yet. The quote above says 'later next year', I wonder if that means after Q2 21. Can anyone see lease or PCP details on the site?
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:48 am Here you go: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/electric/e ... .html#MOFA
Fantastic and thanks.

A
ID.3 1st Edition
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

jsp wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:42 pm Shame we don't know any details about the lower battery and motor pairing yet. The quote above says 'later next year', I wonder if that means after Q2 21. Can anyone see lease or PCP details on the site?
My dealer told me that the UK wasn’t getting the lower spec battery at all, I’m not surprised to discover he was wrong.
jsp

Post by jsp »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:31 am
jsp wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:42 pm Shame we don't know any details about the lower battery and motor pairing yet. The quote above says 'later next year', I wonder if that means after Q2 21. Can anyone see lease or PCP details on the site?
My dealer told me that the UK wasn’t getting the lower spec battery at all, I’m not surprised to discover he was wrong.
The rollout has been anything but smooth. Dealers and brokers know almost nothing about what’s available, or the prices. My prediction is that lease and PCP prices will appear tomorrow when order books open. I was told Volkswagen were pushing leasing hard on ID.3 so I’m expecting big things.

Got my eye on Business or Family, with upgraded alloys. But price will dictate.
vwbarn

Post by vwbarn »

Hi Everyone,

We have PCP prices available now for all versions of the ID.3.

Example:

ID.3 Life without metallic paint - 4 years @ 10k miles per year

Price £29,990
Deposit £2500
Monthly Payment £402.17 x 47
Optional Final Payment £13,105.80

Please contact me on barney.holding@inchcape.co.uk
jsp

Post by jsp »

Still can’t find PCH prices anywhere. VW saying to contact retailers for more purchase options. None of the lease comparison sites seem to have it yet either.
vwbarn

Post by vwbarn »

jsp wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:35 pm Still can’t find PCH prices anywhere. VW saying to contact retailers for more purchase options. None of the lease comparison sites seem to have it yet either.
Let me see if I can get a couple of PCH example quotes through VW Lease and Care
jsp

Post by jsp »

Site seems to suggest L&C is only available for 1st Edition.
vwbarn

Post by vwbarn »

Lease and Care Quotes:

48 months - 10k miles - ID.3 Life (as above)

6+47 = £335.23 + VAT (Small Package - Routine Servicing)
6+47 = £360.97 + VAT (Large Package - Servicing, Maintenance & Tyres)
jsp

Post by jsp »

Where are you getting those prices? Site won’t let me configure lease and care for anything other than 1st Edition.
thecatfordcat

Post by thecatfordcat »

Vwbarn = Inchcape (a VW dealer), so presumably those prices came from VW’s internal systems.
jsp

Post by jsp »

Okay neat. Disappointing that prices start above £400. Waiting for lease prices from all the usual suspects. I don’t need servicing included.
vwbarn

Post by vwbarn »

Correct they are from VWFS directly. Currently we have access to Lease and Care as our only PCH option. Right now PCP looks attractive with decent residuals.

We also now have Life and Family spec cars in the UK with Business spec confirmed to go into the factory in the coming weeks.
jsp

Post by jsp »

That’s dumb. Including services etc just raises prices. £400+ is Model 3 territory, and that’s just for Life.

According to the VW website, the Small care package costs £14 on top of the regular lease price. Over 4 years that’s almost £700 extra. There is no way servicing an ID.3 will cost you even close to that, over 4 years. Seems like a bit of a rip off.

Have they indicated whether it will be possible to just lease the vehicle?
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

The residual figure quoted by vwbarn looks a bit low. Or is that down to the 4 year term?
ID.3 1st Edition
Seadoo180

Post by Seadoo180 »

Agree residual looks nothing special akin to a normal golf % wise?

Slightly random onthe life is it right it only has front speakers?!

Im weighing up between an id3 and e-Niro (decent lease deals on these atm) PCP still v expensive on e-Niro.

Might be a case of wait for leases for the id3 also?
jsp

Post by jsp »

Still no sign of ID.3 leases from anywhere other than VWFS, which is odd. I always use leasing.com and they still don’t even have the vehicle listed. The only other broker I’ve been in contact with is WeVee and they say they’ve got absolutely no prices available. I’ve got a horrible feeling Volkswagen are trying to keep PCH in house.

Agree that e-Niro looks very attractive right now, the Kona too. Both have been very expensive for a long time but there’s some great leasing deals hanging around for those right now.