Lane assist & auto correct.

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

I had the lane assist feature on - which seems to auto correct when you stray near the line !!

Seems a little bit strange when it does it - so I wanted to switch it off , which is fine when I did it - but you seem to have to switch it off every time you jump in the car .

Is this right or a fault - or I need to switch something else off .

Any help appreciated ..
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926

Hilly

Post by Hilly »

Yes every time you have to switch off
A right pain
Robsto

Post by Robsto »

Yes I have found this a real pain Is this the way it is supposed to be or is it a fault
ProstetnicVogonJeltz

Post by ProstetnicVogonJeltz »

According to the manual, lane assist should only be used on motorways and "well-developed country roads" (such as the A34, I suppose). There could be "undesired intervention" in poor weather, which is German for "the system may have its own ideas where you should go".
Also according to the manual, the system is automatically switched on whenever you start the vehicle. For a safety-related system this poses some questions. I'm not aware of UK legislation that requires automatic activation, so it's probably an example of two teams at VW working to different plans. Very annoying.
Bill Manhire’s not getting any younger.
digital

Post by digital »

It's part of the NCAP 5* accreditation.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

It's part of the NCAP 5* accreditation

Of course it is why would anyone think otherwise? Another feature that makes the ID3 cheaper to insure than my previous, 3 year old VW ice costing £14,000 k less.
digital

Post by digital »

ProstetnicVogonJeltz appeared to be unaware so I offered the information. That's a problem?
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.