Totally dead

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
scott28tt

Re: Totally dead

Post by scott28tt » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:57 pm

Hoppy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:20 pm
Any suggestions on how to prevent in the meantime?!

Here's what I posted when it happened to mine, thankfully I've had no repeat and the 2.0 software installed this week which means the car self-monitors the 12V and keeps it topped up:

Well by some miracle (and me heeding the advice of the AA man) my car is alive again, with no warnings or errors.

I’ve done 3 cycles now of leaving the car “started” with my Pod Point plugged in - after the first cycle I still had a 12V warning but after the second cycle everything was as normal, I did a third this morning just to be sure.

I’ve been for a drive, deliberately using the heated stuff to trigger a boost to the 12V - no problems and now all locked up til this evening.
ID.3 1st Edition - Moonstone Grey

Hoppy

Post by Hoppy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:07 pm

AA been snd concerned with the warning snd errors including brake warnings and have recovered to local VW dealer

Hire car being provided and hope dealer puts latest software on as also having the alarm calls at 5am once a week!
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic

Hoppy

Post by Hoppy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:50 pm

Update at last on our ID
They are ‘hoping’ to look at it and install update on Monday (over a week sat in their park) and may be back Wednesday

Nearly 2 weeks without car !!!!

Don’t hold your breath !

Hoppy

Post by Hoppy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:30 pm

Car returned last night with latest software
Hopefully all resolved !

dilbert

Post by dilbert » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:33 pm

Thought I'd add to the list of 12v battery issues. Mine went flat 12/02, called VW Roadside Assistance and the AA arrived within 20 minutes. He got the car started again and recommended that every couple of days I start the car up and leave it on so that the main battery can charge the 12v battery. It was very cold at the time and I was using heated steering wheel, seats etc but only making short journeys so thought that it was a case of too much drain and not enough charge going back in. Battery was flat again 21/02, AA came out (again) and said that there was a 'parasitic drain' on the battery and to take it the VW dealer on Monday. I did this and have left the car with them. 4 hours later I had a replacement car on my drive and got a courtesy call today to say they are updating the software. I've seen from others that this may take some time which I don't mind too much as long as the issue is fixed

dilbert

Post by dilbert » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:26 pm

Well the good news is I have an ID to drive, bad news is that it isn't my ID though. Dealer contacted me to say I could have one of their ID's to drive and I could hand the rental I got as part of the Roadside Assistance back. They don't yet know what the issue is with my car....

On the upside the ID3 Pro that I have has the new software installed so at least I get a sneak preview of what this looks like for when I get mine back :-)

kaiz

Post by kaiz » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:39 am

How new? Version?
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.

dilbert

Post by dilbert » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:51 pm

hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:04 pm

0783 is 2.0, so relatively new but not the 2.1 which they're installing later this month. It's an improvement over the previous version, but you'll still have the miles/kilometres bug in the speed warning (and no doubt other ones too)
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20 with 0783 (2.0) installed by dealer. Updated to 0792 (2.1) on 01/04/21

Nick Jan

Post by Nick Jan » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:12 pm

After a clear run with my pre-ordered ID3 Style from collection on 31st Dec (s/w version sadly still 0564), I've finally joined the "totally dead" customer experience group! Having charged my car via a Shell rapid charger & CCS socket on Friday, with a top-up at home same night, to my surprise the car was totally dead and locked on Saturday morning.

Having read several comments on here previously, I decided against attempting any wake-up measures myself, and instead called VW Driverline this evening. AA arrived 40 mins later, with a technician who had never worked on an ID3 before, Despite that he managed to gain entry (without alarm triggering) and then boost 12v battery to get car alive again using their huge powerpack; ID3 battery itself showing a meagre 3.2v charge. Once car systems on 12v battery commenced charging from main battery for about 30 mins. He left once satisfied that there were no circuits still draining the battery.

I took then car for 30 min drive, despite a scary range of error messages and briefly a red warning light. Some functions then re-appeared, others did not. AA recommended I arrange s/w update at dealer pronto!