UK First Edition £500 charging credit

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I've not tried to use mine yet, but have Osprey chargers not far away - I will give it a go sometime soon!

Thanks for the the UK number, I've written it onto my card :-)

Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

Hi , I used my we charge card at an Osprey and it worked ok, about 2 weeks ago. It's not nearby so I haven't been that way again.

There's not many chargers or Ionity chargers around the Midlands that accept we charge card !!! It's going to be difficult to use this £500 credit ...

Can I ask that you have activated the card on the we charge app ?
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
SteveGC

Post by SteveGC »

@ph66 yes, it is register and shown as active on we Connect ID and the Support chaps confirmed it was shown as activated on the system, it just does not seem to work! Interesting others have used it sucessfully, it must be miy card. I will wait another week as not making many trips away due to lockdown.
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

I attempted to use the WeCharge card at an Alfa point in North Yorks this week with no success. The Alfa number gives an unhelpful voicemail and I haven’t had a reply to an email querying the position. Like SteveGC I rang the number on the WeCharge card but they told me to try again(!). No helpful. And neither is the map in the app, it’s pretty useless.
ID.3 1st Edition
SteveGC

Post by SteveGC »

I decided to try my card today at an Ospery charger and to my surprise it worked. I sent an email to We Charge support to let them know and they responded by saying they had been informed the fault had been rectify but due to a heavy workload and staff shortages they had yet to notify me. So I responded by requesting a 2 month extension to use the credit as I received the card in early October and it only started to work in early Dec. I don't hold out much hope but if you don't ask you don't get.
roppenheimer

Post by roppenheimer »

Same here - I wrote and asked for an extension but I haven't had any reply.

On another note I used my WeCharge card on an Alfa-Power charger and it charged me £29.00 for a 22.22kWh charge. I wrote to both VW and Alfa-Power but I haven't had any reply.
Deleted User 192

I successfully used a local Osprey charger yesterday, 10%-80% in about 40 mins 😎

The charge shows in the We Connect ID app as a £0.00 charge.
roppenheimer

Post by roppenheimer »

Is Charge Point Services Ltd the same as GeniePoint? If so they are installed at Morrisons supermarkets. However, their chargers don't show up on the map in the WeConnectID app.
Deleted User 192

According to a quick online search, Charge Point Services was acquired by Engie: https://www.zap-map.com/charge-points/p ... ork-guide/

Engie also run GeniePoint: https://www.zap-map.com/charge-points/p ... t-network/

This list of We Charger partners came to me directly from VW: IONITY, Charge Point Services Ltd, New Motion B.V., Engenie (Osprey), Elmtronics Ltd, ESB Group, Alfa Power

No mention of GeniePoint even though they’re part of the same parent company.
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Engenie are now Osprey.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Deleted User 192

HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:14 am Engenie are now Osprey.

The list I posted was a copy/paste directly from VW We Charge - I've edited the list now.

If you meant Engie, they are not the same company as Engenie (Osprey)

https://www.engie.co.uk/ev-charging-solutions/
roppenheimer

Post by roppenheimer »

I have just received the following from GeniePoint. Geniepoint chargers do not show up in the app as accepting WeCharge however. Maybe someone would like to try it:

Thank you for your email.
I have been advised that the VW cards should work on our chargers.
Please do call us on the helpline 0203 598 4087 if you encounter any problems.

Kind regards
GeniePoint Support

I emailed them via the email address on their website: geniepointsupport@engie.com the reply came from geniesupport@evsupport.engie.co.uk
Last edited by roppenheimer on Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 192

roppenheimer wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:10 am I have just received the following from GeniePoint. Geniepoint chargers do not show up in the app as accepting WeCharge however. Maybe someone would like to try it:

Thank you for your email.
I have been advised that the VW cards should work on our chargers.
Please do call us on the helpline 0203 598 4087 if you encounter any problems.

Kind regards
GeniePoint Support

Nice that they bothered to reply - I sent them messages on Facebook in October and November and never heard a peep!