UK First Edition £500 charging credit

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Is the above only applicable to ‘early adopters’ in the UK or does it apply to all First Editions.

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

A
ID.3 1st Edition

u33446z

Post by u33446z »

The 1st Edition Brochure lists it as a feature. I am not a First Mover but I can access the plan with the £500 credit via the We Connect ID>Profile>We Charge.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

All 1st edition cars - your dealer should supply the card to you when you collect the car, and the We Connect ID app should allow you to upgrade the We Charge plan to Plus for free - that's the part which gives you the credit and cheaper Ionity kWh pricing
M100

Post by M100 »

Does the Charge card work on networks other than IONITY? There do not seem to be very many of them in the UK.
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Many thanks for the responses, guys. Appreciated.

A
ID.3 1st Edition
Rhevian

Post by Rhevian »

The card is accepted by Osprey, and maybe Alfa (mainly Yorkshire) and ESB (London, Coventry) - but I haven’t tried them myself.
Jase_h

Post by Jase_h »

I received this as part of a purchase on the 17th October. Not yet used it though, chargers appear few and far between....
Purplemeanie

Post by Purplemeanie »

In regard to getting the card... my dealer (Heritage Bristol) didn’t provide a card when I picked the car up. Once I’d had the car a couple of weeks I looked into the We Charge part of the app and signed up to the 2000kWh plan. It was only at that point that I was told a card would now be sent to me and it would take 5-7 business days to be sent.

There are hardly any IONITY chargers around so wasn’t expecting to be able to use it much. I’ll have to see if there are any other networks closer when the card arrives.

John
ID3 1st Edition
Delivered 30/9/2020
www.purplemeanie.co.uk
Deleted User 192

M100 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:07 pm Does the Charge card work on networks other than IONITY? There do not seem to be very many of them in the UK.
A quote from VW:

"We Charge currently supports the following ChargePoint Operators across the UK: IONITY, Charge Point Services Ltd, New Motion B.V., Engenie, Elmtronics Ltd, ESB Group, Alfa Power. We remain in negotiations with several other charge point operators, and expect the number of available charge-points to continue to grow over the coming months.”

I've heard of people successfully using Osprey (was Engenie)
SteveGC

Post by SteveGC »

I received a We Charge card when my ID.3 was delivered and registered it with the We Connect ID. However it has not worked at any of the chargers shown as a green dot on the map that is part of the app. Whenever I try the card is rejected as not authorised. I called We Charge on the number on the back of the card a month ago but they were unable to help. Incidentally don't use the number on the back as it is an international call. I later discovered in a confirmation email from We Charge there is a uk number 08002797508. I spoke to the Osprey support team and they said other users had similar problems but it was a We Charge issue. I contacted We Charge again last week and they agreed to escalate the complaint but when I spoke to them yesterday there was no progress and they had no solution to offer. Has anyone else had similar problems?
Deleted User 192

I've not tried to use mine yet, but have Osprey chargers not far away - I will give it a go sometime soon!

Thanks for the the UK number, I've written it onto my card :-)
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

Hi , I used my we charge card at an Osprey and it worked ok, about 2 weeks ago. It's not nearby so I haven't been that way again.

There's not many chargers or Ionity chargers around the Midlands that accept we charge card !!! It's going to be difficult to use this £500 credit ...

Can I ask that you have activated the card on the we charge app ?
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
SteveGC

Post by SteveGC »

@ph66 yes, it is register and shown as active on we Connect ID and the Support chaps confirmed it was shown as activated on the system, it just does not seem to work! Interesting others have used it sucessfully, it must be miy card. I will wait another week as not making many trips away due to lockdown.
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

I attempted to use the WeCharge card at an Alfa point in North Yorks this week with no success. The Alfa number gives an unhelpful voicemail and I haven’t had a reply to an email querying the position. Like SteveGC I rang the number on the WeCharge card but they told me to try again(!). No helpful. And neither is the map in the app, it’s pretty useless.
ID.3 1st Edition
SteveGC

Post by SteveGC »

I decided to try my card today at an Ospery charger and to my surprise it worked. I sent an email to We Charge support to let them know and they responded by saying they had been informed the fault had been rectify but due to a heavy workload and staff shortages they had yet to notify me. So I responded by requesting a 2 month extension to use the credit as I received the card in early October and it only started to work in early Dec. I don't hold out much hope but if you don't ask you don't get.
roppenheimer

Post by roppenheimer »

Same here - I wrote and asked for an extension but I haven't had any reply.

On another note I used my WeCharge card on an Alfa-Power charger and it charged me £29.00 for a 22.22kWh charge. I wrote to both VW and Alfa-Power but I haven't had any reply.
Deleted User 192

I successfully used a local Osprey charger yesterday, 10%-80% in about 40 mins 😎

The charge shows in the We Connect ID app as a £0.00 charge.
roppenheimer

Post by roppenheimer »

Is Charge Point Services Ltd the same as GeniePoint? If so they are installed at Morrisons supermarkets. However, their chargers don't show up on the map in the WeConnectID app.
Deleted User 192

According to a quick online search, Charge Point Services was acquired by Engie: https://www.zap-map.com/charge-points/p ... ork-guide/

Engie also run GeniePoint: https://www.zap-map.com/charge-points/p ... t-network/

This list of We Charger partners came to me directly from VW: IONITY, Charge Point Services Ltd, New Motion B.V., Engenie (Osprey), Elmtronics Ltd, ESB Group, Alfa Power

No mention of GeniePoint even though they’re part of the same parent company.
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Engenie are now Osprey.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot