Add POI / Speed Cameras to Sat Nav

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jel

Post by Jel »

Hi ID3 forum,

I pickup my ID3 yesterday and so far like it, I'm just looking forward to future software updates.

I have a few questions about the ID3 but the one I haven't been able to find any information on is about adding POIs (mainly speed cameras which there's a great many of in there UK) to the Sat Nav system.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks J
Last edited by Jel on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The Sat Nav is pretty rubbish at the moment, it would rather have directed me to towns in other countries than a nearby pub the last time I tried it. Route plans that automatically include charger points as required would be the best addition.

The big software update coming early in 2021 will hopefully bring a lot of this type of functionality.
Jel

Post by Jel »

Okay good to know there's a big update coming early next year and hopefully have adding POIs as an option.

Do you know if there will be any bug fixing updates before the big update ?
Deleted User 192

There is a new version out now, I read this online yesterday from a UK owner:

"So mine went in yesterday for what VW uk have told me is the latest update at 8am; the dealer had to go out and buy a specific memory stick to load the update on, and it was finished last night at 5pm. They then reconfigured the ACC and roadtested the car and I picked it up at 1pm today.
So far not noticed much difference tbh... other than the consumption now shows miles /kWh rather than kWh/100km."
Jel

Post by Jel »

Does that mean that current software updates are only through the dealer and not over the air ?
Deleted User 192

Yes, the BIG update which is scheduled for January is supposed to enable OTA - at the moment updates are installed via a USB stick at a dealer.
Jel

Post by Jel »

So 2 weeks after I dropped off the ID3 at VW for the 2.0 update I picked up the car today. Unfortunately there's still no sign of being able to add POI. Hopefully 2.1 will allow adding this function.
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Apparently iOS 14.5, when it is released, has the ability in "Maps" to add speed cameras, congestion , incidents etc similar to that functionality in Waze.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Jel

Post by Jel »

Abadgermac wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:10 am Apparently iOS 14.5, when it is released, has the ability in "Maps" to add speed cameras, congestion , incidents etc similar to that functionality in Waze.
Hopefully those features won't just be in the American market

One the features I do like with the standard ID3 sat nav is that it displays charge points and their power output with the 2.0 version of the software. Would be nice if they where to add speed cameras (DLVA's piggy banks).

I don't really speed but getting a ticket for doing 24mph in a 20 has to be one of the most annoying things ever.
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Agree, I hope it is not only for the US market.
I get charging points displayed on the inbuilt Sat Nav and I am on the original software.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
JohnM100

Post by JohnM100 »

Revisiting this thread - just picked up an ID.3 with software v 3.2. Have looked through the menus but admittedly am a newbie to the car. Does anyone know if custom POI functionality has been added over the last 2 years since the last post?