Matrix Lights

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
snagglepuss

Post by snagglepuss »

Hi,
I have Matrix Lights on the Plus version.
What is the correct setting for the Advanced main-beam control?
Mine is set at 'Driving on the Right' shouldn't that be 'Driving on the Left'? I'm in the UK.
Thanks
iD3 1st edition Plus 58kWh Glacier White Metallic - Black Roof

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

That setting seems to have a mind of it's own - some have reported it showing Right sometimes then Left other times.

Mine is set to Right and I've never had the change to Left "stick" so it always seems to be set to Right.

The "correct" setting should indeed be Left in the UK - I've also read this has been reported to VW so may be something ELSE they fix in the much-talked about Q1 software update!
snagglepuss

Post by snagglepuss »

Thanks for that...what confused me was under light setting' it says Travel mode: driving on the right.
When I click that it says 'Right-hand traffic' and that is selected.
Does that mean the lights adjust for traffic coming from the right?
I agree, there's a lot resting on the forthcoming software update!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Here's what the manual says:

"If you have to drive a right-hand drive vehicle in a left-hand drive country, or vice versa, the dipped beam of vehicles with advanced main-beam control or dynamic cornering light may dazzle oncoming traffic: Main-beam control (dynamic), Description, Exterior drive lighting, Function

For this reason, the headlight alignment of vehicles with this equipment can be adjusted in the Infotainment system in the Vehicle settings menu (travel mode): Vehicle settings menu, Operation.

Adjustment of the headlights is not necessary on vehicles without advanced main-beam control and without dynamic cornering light."

Regardless of what the Left / Right setting actually changes, I've not had any oncoming drivers flash me in disgust that I am dazzling them with the automated lights.
snagglepuss

Post by snagglepuss »

OK Thanks scott28tt for that.