- No idea what hit the screen, but it left a large chip which very quickly turned into a long crack
- My insurer (LV) put me through to Autoglass who said it would take 7-10 working days to get a screen (no surprise with it being such a new model)
- Called LV back, they spoke to National Windscreens who said they would be able to do it within 48 hours
- National Windscreens called me back the next morning to say they didn't have a screen and it would take 5-7 working days - it took them 5 and they could then do the replacement the next day (today), they also said they would be able to re-align the front camera
- The new screen was fitted, but they couldn't do the camera alignment as the car isn't yet on their system, so it has to go back to VW for that
- In the meantime, the ACC and Lane Assist both seem to be working as normal, but I've been advised not to rely on them or even to disable them til the alignment is complete
Hopefully this will be the last time I have to go through this process!