Enhanced ID.3 Offers Coming

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I was intrigued by the original posting and so I priced up a new ID.3 with the same options as my 1st Edition. It turned out to be about £500 more than I paid. I selected the Family Pro Performance, the Andoya wheels, my exterior & interior styling, and carpet mats. So I am genuinely puzzled....why are people saying that the price has dropped by £3000?

I do think however that as 1st Editioners (aka beta testers) we ought to be be better treated (e.g. the software update debacle) as we are having to put up with a product that really wasn't ready.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

hwhbev wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:56 pmSo I am genuinely puzzled....why are people saying that the price has dropped by £3000?

This is why, because you can get £3000 off a 1st edition on a PCP deal: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/offers-and ... ls/id3#845
talaipwros

Post by talaipwros »

I just bought my 1st edition pro just under £30000 ( ok, 30290 with the Gap insurance)

that makes a £6000 price drop so I think I managed a good deal !
jrs2005

Post by jrs2005 »

I collected my ID3 1st Edition on 18th Sept. Thought I was buying a premium product that would hold its value as all 30000 1st Editions had been sold across Europe!! ?? Couldn't get the interior colour I preferred. Since then had all sorts of problems- mileage fluctuations, alarm going off, screen crashing etc.
Now find 1st Editions are being discounted - my dealer offering a £3000 saving with PCP; dealer 17 miles away offering £2000 saving for cash.
Car booked in to remedy faults and install update but no sympathy so far on price.
Is anybody else currently in the same situation ?
Broughtyev

Post by Broughtyev »

In exactly the same situation. Bought my 1st Edition on 28th October paying full price after the salesman assured me that VW would not be reducing prices on this car. A week later guess what? Complained to VW customer service 3 weeks ago about this and am now waiting on my dealership to contact me next week. To top it off, car going in on Wednesday for the 3rd time since I got it, this time to fix a broken chargeport flap. Still love the car though.
talaipwros

Post by talaipwros »

if one checks autotrader, it is obvious that £9000 discounts ( 6k+3K) is the new norm, with even higher discounts on some occasions
Deleted User 192

If you bought the car before the lease and PCP deals started on November 6th, get in touch with VW UK - numerous owners have cases raised with their Executive Office and VW are making cash offers as a gesture of goodwill, £500 for lease or cash purchase and £1000 for PCP

Email executive.office@volkswagen.co.uk to start the process - be clear on when you bought the car, mention any faults you’ve experienced, and see what they say...
jrs2005

Post by jrs2005 »

Many thanks for that Scott28tt. Will prepare the list of faults now.
Broughtyev

Post by Broughtyev »

Just got a call from my dealership and as Scott28tt says, £500 goodwill gesture offered. Did manage to get a granny charger thrown in as well. Obviously nowhere near the kind of incentives being offered at the moment, but I suppose that’s the way the cookie crumbles when you jump in early.
radar

Post by radar »

Have found this forum very useful in answering some issue i have had, thanks Scott for triggering the debate on goodwill gesture from VW, I raised the issue with my dealership and they have come back with an acceptable offer. I purchased a Growatt wall charger from E bay at £127 (supposedly for parts and not working) but actually appeared new, now installed and all is well. (just doesnt have phone app use) probably older models.
jrs2005

Post by jrs2005 »

Just to say my dealership have come up with compensation so well worth everybody who paid full price trying .
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Basically VW are offering £500 "gesture" if you bought cash and £1000 if you bought PCP. Apparently that is the fixed rate... It seems you only get it if you make a noise. email executive.office@volkswagen.co.uk and ask
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Sorry - this is for id.3 First only
Deleted User 192

Sindidziwa wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:06 pm Sorry - this is for id.3 First only

Anyone who placed an order before the November 6th deals launched should make contact with VW.
Nick Jan

Post by Nick Jan »

I'm due to collect my new ID3 on Friday, and haven't yet signed the lease care finance deal, and dealership have not mentioned anything about ID3 offers. I can't find anything on the VW website about these deals so where are they announced and when do they apply from?

Obviously I ordered the car some months ago, but it was built in late Nov, so I can't see why I shouldn't get any discount now going. Even the finance agreement states that I can cancel it within 14 days, which could be an option if these deals are real now and they refuse to apply it to my car. Any thoughts?
Deleted User 192

These are the deals: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/offers-and ... -deals/id3

Only applicable to certain models and methods of finance, they kicked in on November 6th.