Back to VW today

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

My ID3 went to the VW workshop this morning - a few physical things plus hopefully some software updates:

1. The side edges of the front skirt aren't quite aligned with the wing panels over the wheel arches
2. The decal on the left-rear wasn't aligned to the body panel
3. Window and mirror controls in driver's door not always operational
4. Airbag warning light
5. Alarm randomly going off
6. Front camera realignment after windscreen replacement

Hopefully getting it back tonight, although I think tomorrow is more likely (and I have a Golf Mk8 in the meantime)

Avalon

Post by Avalon »

I hope they sort out all the issues for you.

A
ID.3 1st Edition
Deleted User 192

VW still have the car, I did think they were being optimistic when they initially said they would need it for the day.

It was "offline" overnight but is back "online" this morning - whether that means with patched software or not remains to be seen...

I have to say I would love to have the Golf interior in the ID3 - while the 2 cars share a lot of the same tech behind the scenes I can see why so many ID3 reviews have called out the Golf interior when making comparisons between them!
Deleted User 192

Had a call from VW this morning, they are almost done with the car - as well as all the work above they should also have done a couple of other things I reported to them:

1. Reversing camera view partially obscured by parking sensor display
2. Auto hold turning itself off

Hoping to get it back today...
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Interesting that you mention the reverse cam view being partially obscured. Mine is the same. Naively thought it was a feature! Looking forward to your post on the outcomes to the above.

A
ID.3 1st Edition
Deleted User 192

They’ve sorted the reversing camera image with a software patch, they sent me a video from inside the car earlier (it’s being dropped back to my home in the morning)

Til others get the patch (most likely as part of the major update coming soon), you have the option of swiping the parking sensor panel to the left if you want to see the full camera image.
Deleted User 192

My ID3 is back with me :-)

They resolved the physical items and installed the software patches to take it to version 0570 - as I mentioned above the immediate gain is with the reversing camera image now filling the screen and not being obscured by the parking sensor panel.

Hoping that the patches also take care of the other quirks, got my fingers crossed...
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Good stuff and fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for the update.

A
ID.3 1st Edition
Deleted User 192

One thing I did notice on a drive this afternoon is that Lane Assist now seems LESS likely to detect the road edge and white line - it wasn't active for about half of the journey, even when the white line was solid and clearly visible, I'll be keeping a watch on that over the coming days.