Major software update is ready!

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Just got my car back after four days of software updates!!! It's now on 0570 so no major upgrade yet. Hope it doesn't take as long next time.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Correct, I got my car back on Wednesday with 0570 - the major update should rollout in December, I'll be pushing my dealer for a date.
F11_MWG

Post by F11_MWG »

How are you finding the 0570 version? Does it remember any of your settings now? I adjust stuff like seat heating and steering wheel heating on start up and it doesn't save the settings.
Deleted User 192

I can’t comment on those particular settings as I’ve not used them - the noticeable difference is the image of the reversing camera.

I have also had no more airbag warning or alarm going off on it’s own, and auto hold stays enabled from drive to drive - however these were all intermittent so they could still occur, but the patches are supposed to resolve all of them.
talaipwros

Post by talaipwros »

Hello, just received mine, trying to get used to the software.

So no "on air " updates? we have to go physically to a VW garage?

Many thanks
Deleted User 192

At the moment dealers have to apply updates with a USB stick, the “production” software rolling out in the coming weeks is supposed to enable future updates via OTA.
talaipwros

Post by talaipwros »

scott28tt wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:43 pm At the moment dealers have to apply updates with a USB stick, the “production” software rolling out in the coming weeks is supposed to enable future updates via OTA.
thanks for that, Will they contact us when this happens or do we have to contact them ourselves?

Very new with this thing, so please bear with me If I am asking silly questions
Deleted User 192

No worries, we are all new - even the dealers 😉

Not heard of it will be done via a recall, but I did read that dealers were asked to make workshop capacity available from December - I am going to get onto mine this coming week
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

After getting updated to 0570 etc (four days in the garage), the alarm went off again and the reversing camera didn't work on occasion. id3 booked in again for 17 December so I hope the "production" software will be available. Service department said they didn't know whether there were any more software updates available until they plug the car in!!