New control unit

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
M100

Post by M100 »

My id3 has had problems with satnav and road sign assist freezing and SOS going offline. After several attempts to fix it a new control unit was ordered from Germany on 3rd Nov, but delivery is not expected before 27th. VW have provided a hire car, which is positive, but this was not what I thought I was buying. Perhaps I should ensure that they put me first in line for the major software update, except that I am seriously doubtful whether that is a good idea........

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Sorry to hear that, hope they get it resolved as quickly as possible for you!
dem-id3

Post by dem-id3 »

I just getting my car back after 3 day's as it went in to look at door mirror heating not working, they decided to do a software update at the same time which was going to take 1 1/2 day, as there are 11 update I got told and then they have to re-calibrate the sensors.
Fingers crossed it won't need to go back in for a software update
Oldsweat

Post by Oldsweat »

I have a control unit problem with the SOS unit showing a fault. Told it would require a new unit to rectify I am waiting now for a call to take the car in. So far no obvious problems just waiting for the software updates. Some screens seem to be inert no chance of entering data like charging locations etc.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

dem-id3 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:39 pm Fingers crossed it won't need to go back in for a software update

From what I understand the current patches address a number of specific issues, the BIG update which will enable over-the-air updates will still need to be installed at VW - this should start rolling out in the next couple of weeks.