Missing Park Assist Plus on UK 1st Editions?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
NeilDA

Post by NeilDA »

When I originally ordered the ID.3 1st Edition I was led to believe that it was a ordering a car that would be loaded with extras however it appears that the UK version has been stripped back from the 1st Edition version that our European neighbours are allowed to enjoy. I have just noticed that there is no Park Assist (Park Assist Plus - PAP) fitted to my vehicle (i.e. missing an icon with a P next to a steering wheel). This is basic stuff, even our previous '64 plate cars had the facility to self park fitted as standard (not optional). Is this just something that got missed in the current software release that is likely to be addressed or is a UK spec ID.3 1st Edition in fact a very poor relation and will never have the ability to self park.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The short answer: I don't think any ID3 model includes that capability.

In terms of the 1st editions, the UK only has what is called the 1st Plus - there is a higher-priced 1st Max also available in other countries but I don't think that includes it either: https://www.evspecifications.com/en/comparison/980bbd4

Looking through the current UK ID3 brochure, there is no mention of Park Assist or Park Assist Plus: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/order-a-brochure/id3

Maybe it's something they can add in the future via software, but none of the models currently on sale seem to have it.
NeilDA

Post by NeilDA »

Thanks for that, I am pretty sorry that I ever considered buying this car for my wife. The information and literature surrounding the initial launch and subsequent supplied information along with the push by VW to "encourage" those with reservations to accept a very average vehicle for what amounts to a £40k car when no definitive specification was issued is almost criminal. If I thought I would get my money back with 250 miles on the clock I'd take it and go straight to Tesla and buy a car that does what it says on the box. This is something I seriously need to consider, VW have not being honest with their customers.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Didn’t Tesla do pretty much the same thing with their previous pre-order vehicles? Buying a car these days is like backing a Kickstarter project.