Supplied cable

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
finchi10

Post by finchi10 »

Hi. I'm looking at ordering an id3 Tour and was looking at having a PodPoint installed at home.
I would prefer to get a charging point that isn't tethered with a cable so wondered what length the charging cable is that VW supply with the id3 as I'd use this to charge the car.

Many thanks and hope you're enjoying your new cars.
Ian.

Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

I think it is 3 m (without going out into the rain to check!)
finchi10

Post by finchi10 »

Thanks. Appreciate the reply.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Why not a tethered charger?
RDR

Post by RDR »

unless the reason is for security or safety I would recommend a tethered point at home. I originally had a non tethered but changed to a 7m tethered. it made it a lot slicker pulling onto the drive and plugging in especially in rank weather. also with early morning Starts you're not packing the cable away to take with you.
NorwichComputersAndy

Post by NorwichComputersAndy »

RDR wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:44 pm unless the reason is for security or safety I would recommend a tethered point at home. I originally had a non tethered but changed to a 7m tethered. it made it a lot slicker pulling onto the drive and plugging in especially in rank weather. also with early morning Starts you're not packing the cable away to take with you.
Agree - look at the Ohme Smart chargers - programmable with a 5 meter tethered cable 👍 really easy to use and look nice
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

VW supplied cable is 6m. I’ve just measured it.