Phone

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Robsto

Post by Robsto »

Can anyone tell me how to disconnect a phone call I am unable to find any means on screen or steering wheel ?

Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Try the OK button on the right of the steering wheel.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Robsto

Post by Robsto »

Thanks for the reply That didn't work. The problem is if you wish to stop a call after you have started to talk I can't find a hangup button
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Is it an option if you go into Telephone of the infotainment system?
NorwichComputersAndy

Post by NorwichComputersAndy »

The other day I tried the “ID TALK” button and it ended the call. Would be nice to have a button the the wheel dedicates rather than reaching for the main screen ☝️📵
Robsto

Post by Robsto »

Sorted I think phone symbol appears in top left of infotainment screen where time and temp. are located. Press this symbol which brings up the phone screen allowing you to press the red button to hang up. Great when driving.
NorwichComputersAndy

Post by NorwichComputersAndy »

Robsto wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:30 pm Sorted I think phone symbol appears in top left of infotainment screen where time and temp. are located. Press this symbol which brings up the phone screen allowing you to press the red button to hang up. Great when driving.
:lol:
talaipwros

Post by talaipwros »

The way the infotainment handles phone calls is an unfortunate sorry mess I am afraid.
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Robsto wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:30 pm Sorted I think phone symbol appears in top left of infotainment screen where time and temp. are located.
Another example of design for the left-hand drive market. I hope a future software update has a setting for right-hand drive cars. The headlight automatic dipping already has this so why not other features.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

hwhbev wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:04 am
Another example of design for the left-hand drive market. I hope a future software update has a setting for right-hand drive cars. The headlight automatic dipping already has this so why not other features.
I expect that will come, the equivalent infotainment system in the Golf I was loaned had the panel that is on the left of the ID3 screen very much on the right 😊