Infotainment screen totally dead

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
DanLondon

Post by DanLondon »

Got my new ID3 last week and love it.

The problem is my main screen (the ‘infotainment screen’) has stopped working. It’s just black. I’ve tried to reset it but it won’t do anything. Have I accidentally turned it off somehow? Anyone else had this? Many thanks

NorwichComputersAndy

Post by NorwichComputersAndy »

No Dan not had that!

I have had to hold the power button for 10 seconds to fully reset the infotainment and then took 2-3 tries to get it back in (impatience probably)

Try that if not the 12v battery disconnect will do a full system reset - from listening to the chap on YouTube talk about it the dashboard comes up like a Christmas tree of errors and things going wrong, however they clear after on off lock cycle!

Let us know how you get on
DanLondon

Post by DanLondon »

Thanks Andy. Today it was working! So odd. No idea what happened yesterday. Hope it doesn’t happen again. But now I’ve got a warning that the airbag has an error! Still love the car though :)
NorwichComputersAndy

Ha! Airbag lights are like an ID right of passage.

Again it should clear once locked and left. Mine was on for over a week so I took it in for a check and they installed the 0570 software update which is much more stable. I haven’t had an error since. Took a while though - car was in the workshop for 24 hours but worth it!

Glad you are enjoying the car!
DanLondon

Post by DanLondon »

Oh thanks - good to know I’m experiencing the right of passage!
NorwichComputersAndy

DanLondon wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:28 pm Oh thanks - good to know I’m experiencing the right of passage!
😂 certainly feels that way!
Rob ID

Post by Rob ID »

I’ve just had this problem. 2 weeks after delivery.

The solution that worked for me was a ‘hard reset’ by pulling and replacing the fuses F30 and F46 which feed the infotainment system.
phixion

Post by phixion »

I had it happen once but never again.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

NorwichComputersAndy wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:11 pm Ha! Airbag lights are like an ID right of passage.

Again it should clear once locked and left. Mine was on for over a week so I took it in for a check and they installed the 0570 software update which is much more stable. I haven’t had an error since. Took a while though - car was in the workshop for 24 hours but worth it!

Glad you are enjoying the car!
lol I was about to say 0570!!! but then I realised this was 13 months ago...