Has anyone received the "Major Update" 2.0 / 0783 ?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jel

Post by Jel »

Has anyone bought a new ID3 or update their current ID3 with the "Major Update" (which I believe is called ME2) and if so how well is it working.

It should be rolling out this month so just wanted to get some feedback.
Last edited by Jel on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NorwichComputersAndy

Post by NorwichComputersAndy »

Hi there. I don’t think anyone has it yet. It sounds like the majority of dealers are not aware of it.

It will happen soon however the version 570 update is very stable (albeit missing a few features).
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

It is supposed to be applied to cars in the factory now, those already out in circulation will have to wait at least 2-3 more weeks I believe - most likely is January, then there is a 2.1 update planned for later in Q1 to enable “over the air” and more
roppenheimer

Post by roppenheimer »

I'm booked in to my dealer to have the update next Wednesday. I contacted them after reading online that it is now available. They told me that the update work takes seven hours so they want the car for a couple of days.
Deleted User 192

roppenheimer wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:51 pm I'm booked in to my dealer to have the update next Wednesday. I contacted them after reading online that it is now available. They told me that the update work takes seven hours so they want the car for a couple of days.

You may be one of the first, if it goes ahead as planned please post here 😊
rthomps7

Post by rthomps7 »

My Life was built on December 2nd. Will it have latest software and Q1 update ? Is there anything that I should press my dealer for, in respect of software, etc. UK Delivery expected before Christmas. All my fingers are crossed.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

This from Inside EVs dated Dec 7th:

https://insideevs.com/news/458898/volks ... nctioning/
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Deleted User 192

HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:19 am This from Inside EVs dated Dec 7th:

https://insideevs.com/news/458898/volks ... nctioning/

Thanks for sharing. I love how they say this:

"Most owners will already be grateful that the car turns on and has no 12V battery problems."

Most owners have not had the issue :roll:
Garf

Post by Garf »

I pick mine up at the weekend and I'll check the software to see what's what and report.

I will work on the basis if I have Car Play and Android it's the new one as I don't have AR SatNav as an option (booo, I fancied that but timescales and price concerns stop me) . If it doesn't start because of a 12v issue I won't be bringing it home naturally ;)
RDR

Post by RDR »

ours went into Mansfield vw yesterday to look at the errors and update it. They confirmed the TSBs for the errors and that it needs an update however couldn't do it as they don't have the special equipment for the ID3. They tried to borrow it from another dealer but apparently it's in short supply. Dealer confirmed its safe to drive even with the airbag error message and asked to rebook it when they have the new equipment.
Ians

Post by Ians »

Picked up our 1st Edition on Friday.
Lots to learn including 'How do i find out which software version i have?'
Jel

Post by Jel »

From the top of my head its in settings - system information
If you have CarPlay then it should be version 2.0 I believe.
Last edited by Jel on Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Mine has 0564, many on these forums have had their dealership install 0570. The new release is I think 0783 otherwise known as 2.0 but I think VW would like us all to be patient and wait for 2.1(?) which is due to be released in Q1 of 2021. I'm not sure I'm that patient...
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

Does anyone know if the CarPlay implementation is wireless or wired?
Deleted User 192

Kirkbysteve wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:29 pm Does anyone know if the CarPlay implementation is wireless or wired?

Both - this is mentioned in the manual, and I’ve read of owners with 2.0/0783 who have it working.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

On Friday, I got back my ID.3 from the VW dealership, with the 0783 software bug fix.

According to the garage the latest software will resolve the 12 volt battery drain problem. Hopefully it’s now fixed after being back to the VW work shop for the third time, and two software bug fixes.

Apple car play is wireless.
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

My ID.3 1st Edition arrived at the dealer last Tuesday. I asked them to update the software to 570 (being unaware that 2.0 was being made available). It turns out that they were going to install 2.0 last Friday but were caught out by the length of time it took (it's the first software update they've done). So now the handover has been put back to Tuesday (15th). A bit disappointing, but better than having to take the car back to the dealer, leave it and pick it up the next day. (Dealer is about 50 minutes drive away). I was also rather worried by the reports of the alarm going off in the middle of the night, so I'm hoping 2.0 may have fixed this issue.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
digital

Post by digital »

The messaging on this seems to be mixed. I was told by a main dealer today that 0570 can only be installed 'after VW have agreed a warranty claim' and v2.0 will be installed in February.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
Deleted User 192

digital wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:08 pm The messaging on this seems to be mixed. I was told by a main dealer today that 0570 can only be installed 'after VW have agreed a warranty claim' and v2.0 will be installed in February.
0570 is installed that way, but the same is true for 2.0 on cars already in the hands of owners- both are only installed on cars reporting faults when inspected by the workshop.

This makes sense for 0570 as it adds no new functionality - it’s just bug fixes.

But VW doing the same with 2.0 is plain wrong - it adds essential EV features such as route planning with charger awareness and considering, and timed charging, as well as other things such as Apple CarPlay / Android Auto. They’re calling 2.0 a “patch” but it just isn’t.

2.1 is the version coming in Q1, it will be rolled out across all vehicles.
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

RDR wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:57 pm They confirmed the TSBs for the errors and that it needs an update however couldn't do it as they don't have the special equipment for the ID3. They tried to borrow it from another dealer but apparently it's in short supply.
It amazes me that there appears to be no liason between VW and the dealers over this "special equipment". I was in the fortunate position of buying the car so I could insist on the update before completing the sale, but it took a week so that they could obtain the equipment and do the update. Anyway I finally brought my ID.3 home this afternoon complete with 0783.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.