Octopus Energy customers...

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Hi, I just received an e-mail from Octopus Energy confirming they have credited my Octopus account with £90.

I think it's a deal between VW and Octopus. I just sent an e-mail to: existingevoffer@octoenergy.com and told them the registration number of my new ID.3 and also my Octopus account number, and requesting the credit. Two days later they've credited my account.

I got the info from this page: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/electric/p ... pus-energy
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I switched to Octopus when I got my ID3, I applied first using a friend’s £50 referral code before I heard about the VW partnership - I emailed Octopus and they credited me the additional £40 😊
Rgascoigne71

Post by Rgascoigne71 »

Did the same for me scott28tt - really easy and not hassle. Feels like a good company.
Miki

Post by Miki »

HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:43 pm Hi, I just received an e-mail from Octopus Energy confirming they have credited my Octopus account with £90.

I think it's a deal between VW and Octopus. I just sent an e-mail to: existingevoffer@octoenergy.com and told them the registration number of my new ID.3 and also my Octopus account number, and requesting the credit. Two days later they've credited my account.

I got the info from this page: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/electric/p ... pus-energy
Thank you so much for sharing Heidi. Just emailed Octopus :)
Leaf since May 2018, ID3 Life since Dec. 2020
id.me

Post by id.me »

That's much appreciated OP. Thanks for sharing :)
SteveGC

Post by SteveGC »

Yes, thanks for posting. Just as you said I email and a few days later the credit appeared in my account.
digital

Post by digital »

We're considering transferring to Octopus but as their Go account is electricity only we'll need to find a gas account. Has anyone got any recommendations?
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
Deleted User 192

digital wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:48 pm We're considering transferring to Octopus but as their Go account is electricity only we'll need to find a gas account. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Stick with your current gas supplier, move your gas over to Octopus too (they're not the most competitive but simple to have your billing with one provider), or run something like a Uswitch comparison for your gas only.
OllyExeterID3

Post by OllyExeterID3 »

digital wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:48 pm We're considering transferring to Octopus but as their Go account is electricity only we'll need to find a gas account. Has anyone got any recommendations?
We have Octopus Go and also a fixed Gas tariff with Octopus. If you explain what you want via email or telephone, they can manually get a suitable gas tariff alongside your electricity. We have a 12 month fixed for Gas alongside Octopus Go.

Highly recommend them though - we are £200 in credit so reducing my monthly payments! Overnight 5p/kWh is really useful.
Kryten

Post by Kryten »

You can do gas as well as electric on the go tariff, reasonable pricing too.
Deleted User 192

Kryten wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:34 pm You can do gas as well as electric on the go tariff, reasonable pricing too.
Go and Agile are only for electricity, the gas tariffs are either fixed or trackers and nothing to do with the “smart” nature of Go and Agile.
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Looking forward to being paid to charge tonight. Shame I charged last night though...