Software Update

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

ar76 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:38 am
sidehaas wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:00 am If it's truly "pretty crap" and "full of bugs" then it's likely you actually have a control module fault somewhere. It depends on the nature of the bug, but a lot of things people put down to ID3 software bugs aren't.
“Pretty crap” was in reference to the miscommunication from VW. The actual VW service centre told me over the phone they could update it and they booked me in over the phone to do it. Then they called back and cancelled it very last minute.

I’m very happy with the car overall. The bugs are annoying but don’t affect driving. Things like - the app shows a much reduced range when the car is switched off. And also about once a day the car says “new settings are available” and then all the settings get reset, including seat position. If pressing cancel it just nags endlessly. And often having to reboot the infotainment system because it’s unresponsive and / or won’t connect to my phone.

I can live with it but when you have a brand new car under warranty you kind of want it to be perfect and to not have to live with problems.
I just had the new settings available fixed and the car software was crashing daily for a few days after. I factory reset and it's finally the car I wanted it to be, software is much faster with settings that stay every time I start the car. Highly recommend getting it done.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire

JP33

Post by JP33 »

I'm on 3.2 and Monday a big notice appeared about an update taking 42 minutes or something like that while was stopped at some traffic lights---I was so shocked reading it I missed the green and got honked from behind! Tuesday a one line notice appeared while I was switching off but I could not do anything as I was away from home.

Nothing since and I cant find any notifications anywhere---question is do I need to do anything or will it re-appear again?

Post by 4810510 »

I got an amber message on the screen tonight saying there's an update available that will take 50 minutes, during which the car can't be driven. After the update the car will be limited to 25mph until I hear a clunk then will drive normally.

I've looked around but don't see Ant and Dec so I'm assuming it's not a prank!
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

4810510 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:27 pm I got an amber message on the screen tonight saying there's an update available that will take 50 minutes, during which the car can't be driven. After the update the car will be limited to 25mph until I hear a clunk then will drive normally.

I've looked around but don't see Ant and Dec so I'm assuming it's not a prank!
Did you hear a clunk?
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Sherlock wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:46 am
StewartManley wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:17 am Does nobody read the information displayed with the update?

It was the digital manual, as was clearly shown.
Haven't been in my car last couple of days and am on 3.7 so not sure if I will get the update or not.

Regarding the messages though it really shouldn't be difficult for the car to be able to display a log of what updates have been applied and when. Does anyone know if other cars do this? Would be helpful I think.

I also find a lot of the messages the car displays don't display for very long and once they are gone they are gone.
Wow, 3.7? I’m on 3.5. Were you ever on 3.5 and have been updated?
Id.3 Launch edition 3
Moonstone Grey
Ohme home pro
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Dermottdog wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:37 pm
StewartManley wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:17 am Does nobody read the information displayed with the update?

It was the digital manual, as was clearly shown.
Haven't been in my car last couple of days and am on 3.7 so not sure if I will get the update or not.

Regarding the messages though it really shouldn't be difficult for the car to be able to display a log of what updates have been applied and when. Does anyone know if other cars do this? Would be helpful I think.

I also find a lot of the messages the car displays don't display for very long and once they are gone they are gone.
Yes - when I picked up my new ID.3 in November last year it was on 3.5, but updated itself over the air to 3.7 the day after.
Haven't had any updates since then.
Handydave

Post by Handydave »

[/quote]

Did you hear a clunk?
[/quote]

Not so much a clunk, but loss of power when I first reached about 20mph after installing. Backed off the accelerator, pressed it again, and it was back to normal,

No idea why it has to go through that process.
ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance 204PS | Makena Turquoise | East Derry Alloys
Delivered: May 2023
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Handydave wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:32 pm
Did you hear a clunk?
[/quote]

Not so much a clunk, but loss of power when I first reached about 20mph after installing. Backed off the accelerator, pressed it again, and it was back to normal,

No idea why it has to go through that process.
[/quote]

I had that after my 3.2 update at the dealer. Some people whose cars were built with 3.0 also had it longer ago with an OTA update. It's just some sort of calibration thing.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Sherlock wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:56 pm
Dermottdog wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:37 pm

Yes - when I picked up my new ID.3 in November last year it was on 3.5, but updated itself over the air to 3.7 the day after.
Haven't had any updates since then.
Ah, that’s interesting. I picked ours up on August 30th last year. On 3.5 but the only update I’ve had is the manual.
Id.3 Launch edition 3
Moonstone Grey
Ohme home pro
Trilby

Post by Trilby »

I got a warning about an impending click when I got out of the car this evening. Nice to be warned at least!

IMG_0291.jpeg

ID3 Max Moonstone & Bike rack - Order #31554***
Week 45 22 est. Then 2023 wk 17 😭 and then 2023 wk 14 :o now (may 23) it's here! 🚘
Hypervolt & 6.4k solar with 10k battery
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

I had that warning yesterday as well.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Midgex

Post by Midgex »

I had the message, but didn't notice any anomaly. Perhaps a matter of where one drives at the critical period.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Midgex wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:58 pm I had the message, but didn't notice any anomaly. Perhaps a matter of where one drives at the critical period.
I felt the little kick or whatever you want to call it. It felt like a small bump in the road. My passenger felt nothing!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
TimF

Post by TimF »

Yesterday, I didn't have any notification of an update*, but for several minutes there was a hiccup at around 20mph - car behaved as if I'd enabled "keep to the limit" and it had spotted a 20mph sign. Push on the right pedal and it accelerated past 30kph OK. My passenger didn't notice anything, but it happened several times.

*What I did have was a wait of at least a couple of minutes for the infotainment system to start up - didn't even show a clock when I got in, although the drive system was usable straight away.
TimF

Post by TimF »

According the the infotainment system, I'm still on 3.2, although I definitely had the 30kph recalibration effect. I can't locate the thread where there's info on how to check the software build number (or whatever the detailed version description is called) - anybody able to advise, including on what those numbers mean?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

TimF wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:55 pm According the the infotainment system, I'm still on 3.2, although I definitely had the 30kph recalibration effect. I can't locate the thread where there's info on how to check the software build number (or whatever the detailed version description is called) - anybody able to advise, including on what those numbers mean?
The recent OTA updates have no effect on any version numbers visible to the User.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
TimF

Post by TimF »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:42 pm The recent OTA updates have no effect on any version numbers visible to the User.
OK - thanks for that information. As in so many other respects, I'm glad I have this forum to provide reliable and understandable information, and continue to be unimpressed by VW's apparent inability or wish to do that job themselves.