We Connect ID app and missing wifi

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
id73

Post by id73 »

Hello All

I am a new owner trying to get the we connect ID app to remotely heat the car up and monitor charge status

I am on software 0564 (despite asking the dealer to ensure the car was updated to latest software version before delivering it to me this week!)

Under mobile online services in the app, both air conditioning and charging are showing as ‘currently unavailable’ - is this a known issue with software 0564 or to do with another issue?

Also I notice that the app home screen is blank and I’m
unable to customise it, even after successfully scanning QR code for car into the app and connecting successfully.

Also I am unable to find any way of joining my home wifi network (my Tesla does this no problem)
the only thing I have seen is to turn off e-sim which is supposed to switch the car to wifi but it just stays stuck on e-sim after you attempt to toggle it off.
Again, not sure if this is a known bug under software 0564 or something else?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The car won’t join a wifi network til it has at least the 0783 (aka 2.0) software installed, so you can stop searching for those options for the time being.

So your car appears in the app when you press the garage icon at the bottom? If not, you may need to reset the car to factory settings and uninstall/reinstall the app and try the resync between the two.
id73

Post by id73 »

Thanks for reply.

I have reset the car to factory settings and uninstalled/ reinstalled the app but still the Home Screen just says ‘Edit Homescreen’ with nothing else on it and no possibility to actually edit it!

So to clarify, even with software 5064 you should still be able to remotely see the cars charging state and remotely control the air con system with the we connect id app?
Deleted User 192

What about the garage part of the app? You have added the car in there? There is a setup wizard in the Settings section of the car infotainment system.

Yes even 0564 does that, relying on the eSIM in the car being in online mode and in an area with 4G coverage (as displayed just under the clock on the infotainment screen)
id73

Post by id73 »

yup, i can see the car's VIN has been added in the Vehicle garage and it says its active.
i just cant see any information like state of charge, climate or milage or anything about the car in the app.
sounds like a trip back to the dealer?
Deleted User 192

I haven’t had to do that, but yes I think so.
id73

Post by id73 »

seems to be fixed now, registered app to car on Sat morning but didnt start working until moday morning!
Coopear

Post by Coopear »

I had this problem when the car was offline. Going into settings (in the car) and flipping to online resolved the display in the app straight away. Try setting the car to offline and see if it recreates the issue.
cstandinguk

Post by cstandinguk »

Hi there,

I’ve had the exact same issue since I picked my car up Thursday. I’m about to try the office/online trick to see if it works as customer services haven’t been able to help.

Interestingly the app knows I’ve switched the car offline so it’s clearly connect.

I’m convinced it’s something to do with the screenshot where the mobile services are shown as unavailable? It’s very odd.

Did you do anything else that worked?

AAF40D7A-598F-4CA5-8F78-A4626C5815D4.png

Deleted User 192

Login to this page with the account you use for the We Connect ID. app: https://vwid.vwgroup.io/account

What "connected apps" are shown?

This is mine:

Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 09.13.15.png

cstandinguk

Post by cstandinguk »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:14 am Login to this page with the account you use for the We Connect ID. app: https://vwid.vwgroup.io/account

What "connected apps" are shown?

This is mine:

Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 09.13.15.png
Hi Scott,

I’ve attached mine. I think I’ve got most that need to be there so I’m still scratching my head!

I’ve had a further call with customer services who are referring it to their tech support… wish me luck!

DE6F9CF0-5EFE-449B-B143-C4546CA8680D.png

bababa

Post by bababa »

If it's any consolation, I have exactly the same issue. I took delivery of my ID.3 on Friday and have not been able to get the We Connect ID working. The enrolment all went through, but I receive no data in the app and all the Mobile Online Services have the red exclamation mark like yours, stating "You have no contract for mobile online services".

I've been in contact with support by email and have followed all their instructions (most of which I had already tried) including essentially resetting everything to defaults and re-pairing it in an area of good cellular coverage but to no avail.

They have apparently escalated to their engineers in Germany and I've heard no more yet.
jdonnell

Post by jdonnell »

I have the same issue as well picked up last week and not been able to get the app working got the same issue with the no active contract, the support told me they are aware of the issue and the engineers are looking to push a fix for it but they did not say how long this would take to sort.
cstandinguk

Post by cstandinguk »

That’s really helpful to know I’m not alone, and there’s a potential resolution in the pipeline.

Feeling much better now. I’ll post a reply if / when I hear something more on it.

Cheers 👍🏻👍🏻
bababa

Post by bababa »

As you say, it's interesting that putting the car in and out of "Offline Mode" immediately shows up in the app, so the enrolment is clearly successful because there is end-to-end communication. Hopefully it's something simple such as a bunch of VIN numbers escaped being automatically assigned with a 3 year subscription, which would hopefully be quite easy for them to resolve.
cstandinguk

Post by cstandinguk »

Hi @babana I thought the exact same thing. I’m convinced there’s some back end authorisation to be done somewhere.
Noel

Post by Noel »

I have exactly the same problem. I took delivery last Thursday and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I have the same red exclamation marks against everything.
bababa

Post by bababa »

I just had a reply to my case with VW where they confirmed that they should have fixed the issue. Nothing was immediately apparent in the app, so I removed the car and re-enrolled it using the QR codes and after a minute or so it all sprang to life as it should!

Whether this is specific to my case (and VIN) or whether it's fixed as a whole remains to be seen. Might be worth giving it another go and see if it's fixed for anybody else!
de g.

Post by de g. »

Working for me too now - did as bababa suggested, now all good.
Noel

Post by Noel »

Did the same this morning, just to try something. De-enrolled the car then reinstalled the app using the qr code on screen in the car. It worked!