We Connect ID app and missing wifi

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
cstandinguk

Post by cstandinguk »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:14 am Login to this page with the account you use for the We Connect ID. app: https://vwid.vwgroup.io/account

What "connected apps" are shown?

This is mine:

Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 09.13.15.png
Hi Scott,

I’ve attached mine. I think I’ve got most that need to be there so I’m still scratching my head!

I’ve had a further call with customer services who are referring it to their tech support… wish me luck!

DE6F9CF0-5EFE-449B-B143-C4546CA8680D.png

bababa

Post by bababa »

If it's any consolation, I have exactly the same issue. I took delivery of my ID.3 on Friday and have not been able to get the We Connect ID working. The enrolment all went through, but I receive no data in the app and all the Mobile Online Services have the red exclamation mark like yours, stating "You have no contract for mobile online services".

I've been in contact with support by email and have followed all their instructions (most of which I had already tried) including essentially resetting everything to defaults and re-pairing it in an area of good cellular coverage but to no avail.

They have apparently escalated to their engineers in Germany and I've heard no more yet.
jdonnell

Post by jdonnell »

I have the same issue as well picked up last week and not been able to get the app working got the same issue with the no active contract, the support told me they are aware of the issue and the engineers are looking to push a fix for it but they did not say how long this would take to sort.
cstandinguk

Post by cstandinguk »

That’s really helpful to know I’m not alone, and there’s a potential resolution in the pipeline.

Feeling much better now. I’ll post a reply if / when I hear something more on it.

Cheers 👍🏻👍🏻
bababa

Post by bababa »

As you say, it's interesting that putting the car in and out of "Offline Mode" immediately shows up in the app, so the enrolment is clearly successful because there is end-to-end communication. Hopefully it's something simple such as a bunch of VIN numbers escaped being automatically assigned with a 3 year subscription, which would hopefully be quite easy for them to resolve.
cstandinguk

Post by cstandinguk »

Hi @babana I thought the exact same thing. I’m convinced there’s some back end authorisation to be done somewhere.
Noel

Post by Noel »

I have exactly the same problem. I took delivery last Thursday and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I have the same red exclamation marks against everything.
bababa

Post by bababa »

I just had a reply to my case with VW where they confirmed that they should have fixed the issue. Nothing was immediately apparent in the app, so I removed the car and re-enrolled it using the QR codes and after a minute or so it all sprang to life as it should!

Whether this is specific to my case (and VIN) or whether it's fixed as a whole remains to be seen. Might be worth giving it another go and see if it's fixed for anybody else!
de g.

Post by de g. »

Working for me too now - did as bababa suggested, now all good.
Noel

Post by Noel »

Did the same this morning, just to try something. De-enrolled the car then reinstalled the app using the qr code on screen in the car. It worked!
cstandinguk

Post by cstandinguk »

Hi all - managed to get mine working too! At last :)

Reset the app and re added the car. All synced and I had the email confirming my services are all active.

Thanks for your updates 👍🏻