When was 0783 version of software implemented for UK cars?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Nick Jan

Post by Nick Jan »

I collected my new ID3 Style on 31st December, which was a factory order built in mid Nov 2020. I am therefore amazed that the software supplied is not the latest 0783 version. The dealership say that they only provide updates when VW HQ request it. Hence my question; when was the 0783 version of the s/w implemented for UK cars? Anyone know?

So far the car has been delightful to drive, however I really don't want to experience the issues others have reported here related to the older s/w version I appear to have. Thanks.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I believe it was from week 48 or 49 at the factory, so you just missed out.

Log and report any warnings/errors/faults to your dealer.

My dealer is attempting the 0783 update on mine next week, I have 18 faults reported to them many of which are supposed to be fixed in the newer version.

If you don’t get 0783, your car will be included in the mass rollout of the “2.1” software available from February/March - so not long to wait if you don’t have any faults.
pdk42

Post by pdk42 »

I bought my car from Listers and went to their website a little before Christmas where I found an online chat capability. I had a brief exchange with someone there who understood the ID.3 very well and once I mentioned a few of the issues I was having (airbag warning, alarm activations, interior lights failing), he immediately arranged for Listers in Leamington to do the upgrade. They booked me in within a few days and did the install over two days. All went fine and the v2.0 software, whilst having still some bugs, is a definite improvement over the older software.