ME2.0 update cancelled

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:47 pm My dealer explained that they have to log every reported fault onto a central VW system, plus they asked me for the list in advance so they could be prepared.

It was a no brainier for me to send them my list, and as I say on both occasions they’ve had my car they’ve fixed things which do not appear to have been part of the standard software update.

Yes I still have some things unresolved, including a couple of items that VW are aware of but don’t yet have a fix for - no idea if those things are fixed in 2.1 though, I guess we all wait and see.

It may also be worth pointing out that the updates are being installed as a warranty claim through the dealer - they have to be paid by VW in order to carry out the “repairs”, that may go towards explaining why dealers aren’t fixing every single thing on every single car, it’s also time consuming for them to check and resolve.

I will continue to report any error or any quirk to the service staff at my dealer, I have a lot more sympathy for them now I understand more about the process they have to follow with the car and with VW.

Oh and there was a rollbar check that is being done on every car going back to any workshop, as per the Toyota example above.
Thanks a lot clearer now, so process is more complicated than I had appreciated.

I supplied a list as requested by the dealer but having had a loan ID.3 demonstrator I am discovering things wrong I hadn't even tried on my car, hopefully will be fixed by update to 2.0, otherwise another trip to the dealer. I will ask them to confirm a couple of things I have noticed with loan car before I accept my car back.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire

NeilDA

Post by NeilDA »

Just got my 1st Edition back Friday 15th with v2.0 installed. I originally dropped it in at CityGate VW Watford at 8.00am Monday morning with a list of software issues and they thought I'd have it back sometime Tuesday, however I was called on Tuesday lunchtime to say the update had failed so they would need to start again so Thursday was now pencilled in to collect it. Wednesday arrived and another call from Hugh (a very nice man) in the service department to say that once again the update had failed and they were now in contact with VW Technical to try and resolve the issue (apparently only mine and one other ID.3 had failed to update correctly at Watford) and the car was unlikely to be ready to collect until Tuesday of the following week. Friday afternoon and I received an unexpected call to say that the update had finally been installed, the car had been road tested and was cleaned and ready for collection. It appears that this update takes between 7-9 hours per attempt and at the moment there are no alternative instructions if it fails other than to just try again. Mine took 3 attempts! v2.0 does feel much nicer than the original version and hopefully v2.1 due late March early April will finally give us Over The Air update capability. Good luck to all those still awaiting the patch, it is a definite upgrade.
Jel

Post by Jel »

"due late March early April" seems like the 2.1 update keeps getting pushed out. I was going to wait but I've now rebooked my ID3 in for the 2.0 update after the first one was cancelled by VW.
M100

Post by M100 »

Ours was updated and we got it back 5 days ago. So far, the key that wasn’t with the dealer now won’t work, Weconnect won’t recognise my App and today the Time and Date has died and is greyed out in Settings. May be something to do with setting the Location for charging which is all I have done which might affect it, and I was going to try that out tonight. But without a clock that isn’t going to work. I have deleted the Location for charging in the hope the timer may come back after an interval with the car off.
RDR

Post by RDR »

Ours was updated this week, so far it does seem better with less errors and glitchy antics. Overspeed warning is still happening the dealers escalated to VW. One thing I noticed this morning I got a snowflake on the dash for low temperature I thought it was strange the car wasn't doing it before as I think its a standard in the uk - small things.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

If my car (being serviced) charge / range status has not changed since last Monday and is still on 42% charge /56 miles is this likely to mean that no work has been done on the car since last Monday, or does the update only challenge the 12v battery?

My ID.3 has been in since 12th January for its software to be updated, first time failed part way through upgrade, dealer tried to return car partially updated, I had to get VW to authorise reinstall, technician was going to do it on 18th but couldn't get call with VW factory booked until today 25th. Heard nothing from dealer and looks like nothing happened as no change in car status.

Looks like time to chase the dealer and VW who request 5 days to respond to the questions I raise in my calls.

I suggested VW might like to compensate me for the situation, they said no, but what would I like from the dealer and they would see what is possible. I should really price out the time I have spent testing the car's faults, the extended journey times due to faults needing rectifying, time spent talking to dealer/VW, time spent collecting documentation, time spent emailing dealer/VW, ....

I am really disappointed by the VW customer experience. I also fly a drone and if it drops out of the sky then all its flight data is recorded. So you call a technical help desk where the agents know enough to ask all details they need to analyse the problem / even answer your simpler questions / ask extra questions this is all shared with the user, then following a request for lots of data from the user, it is passed to the next level, there is an adult conversation, which if there is a drone fault results in the drone being replaced, if not it explained how the user can avoid this in future and the manufacturer releasing software updates to stop further failures. Why doesn't VW do this?
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

simonrg wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:54 pm If my car (being serviced) charge / range status has not changed since last Monday and is still on 42% charge /56 miles is this likely to mean that no work has been done on the car since last Monday, or does the update only challenge the 12v battery?

My ID.3 has been in since 12th January for its software to be updated, first time failed part way through upgrade, dealer tried to return car partially updated, I had to get VW to authorise reinstall, technician was going to do it on 18th but couldn't get call with VW factory booked until today 25th. Heard nothing from dealer and looks like nothing happened as no change in car status.

Looks like time to chase the dealer and VW who request 5 days to respond to the questions I raise in my calls.

I suggested VW might like to compensate me for the situation, they said no, but what would I like from the dealer and they would see what is possible. I should really price out the time I have spent testing the car's faults, the extended journey times due to faults needing rectifying, time spent talking to dealer/VW, time spent collecting documentation, time spent emailing dealer/VW, ....

I am really disappointed by the VW customer experience. I also fly a drone and if it drops out of the sky then all its flight data is recorded. So you call a technical help desk where the agents know enough to ask all details they need to analyse the problem / even answer your simpler questions / ask extra questions this is all shared with the user, then following a request for lots of data from the user, it is passed to the next level, there is an adult conversation, which if there is a drone fault results in the drone being replaced, if not it explained how the user can avoid this in future and the manufacturer releasing software updates to stop further failures. Why doesn't VW do this?
I would suggest it means your car hasn't moved....... if it had even been powered up to drive it from car park to service bay I'd expect there to be a drop in charge due to heating etc. If the update had been performed; then there is at least 1 test drive required in standard VW process - so that would take some charge. Finally; if they'd finished the work then I'd expect it to be fully charged before returning it to you (certainly that's what we've experienced)......
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

stu-evs wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:10 pm
simonrg wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:54 pm If my car (being serviced) charge / range status has not changed since last Monday and is still on 42% charge /56 miles is this likely to mean that no work has been done on the car since last Monday, or does the update only challenge the 12v battery?
I would suggest it means your car hasn't moved....... if it had even been powered up to drive it from car park to service bay I'd expect there to be a drop in charge due to heating etc. If the update had been performed; then there is at least 1 test drive required in standard VW process - so that would take some charge. Finally; if they'd finished the work then I'd expect it to be fully charged before returning it to you (certainly that's what we've experienced)......
Thanks, what I guess / fear, I will call them tomorrow to find out what is going on, just so disappointing being told something is going to happen on a given date and don't get communicated to either way.
Obviously difficult times for all at the moment, so hope they are all ok and state of my car is definitely a small issue.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

simonrg wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:16 pm
stu-evs wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:10 pm
Thanks, what I guess / fear, I will call them tomorrow to find out what is going on, just so disappointing being told something is going to happen on a given date and don't get communicated to either way.
Obviously difficult times for all at the moment, so hope they are all ok and state of my car is definitely a small issue with all else that is going on in the world.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

My car does not seem to be very lucky, the garage's technicians were still self-isolating yesterday so nobody available to call VW in Milton Keynes and nothing happened to my car on Monday.

This morning VW's servers were down so no updates could be downloaded and this afternoon nobody at VW Technical in Milton Keynes is returning calls.

But it will all be fixed on Wednesday when VW Technical in Milton Keynes return the technician's call.
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

But it will all be fixed on Wednesday when VW Technical in Milton Keynes return the technician's call.
I wish I could share your optimism!

In retrospect, the five days they took to install 2.0 on my ID.3 seems pretty reasonable.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Had ours updated to ME2 on Monday
Have a few quirks !
Set to 80 % charge but both mornings have gone fine to far charged to 100%
This morning warning take to dealer drive problem
Cleared after switch of and on snd letting car move a few feet turning off again and now ok

Contacting dealer to kerp informed!
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

hungerdunger wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:17 am
In retrospect, the five days they took to install 2.0 on my ID.3 seems pretty reasonable.
Ok feeling happier today, car charge on the app started going down for the first time in 2 weeks, fingers still strongly crossed.

I was contacted by the dealer early afternoon staff back off self-isolation, my ID.3 has been "fully" updated, put on charge, will be taken out for a test drive tomorrow morning and I should be able to collect it after lunch.
Thought I would share a screen shot (below) to record the event.
I am a bit concerned to see that the car has been charged to 100%, very generous of the dealer, but do I now have to go for a 20% charge drive so I don't leave it charged above 80%?

image0.png

Jel

Post by Jel »

simonrg wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:10 pm
hungerdunger wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:17 am
Ok feeling happier today, car charge on the app started going down for the first time in 2 weeks, fingers still strongly crossed.

I was contacted by the dealer early afternoon staff back off self-isolation, my ID.3 has been "fully" updated, put on charge, will be taken out for a test drive tomorrow morning and I should be able to collect it after lunch.
Thought I would share a screen shot (below) to record the event.
I am a bit concerned to see that the car has been charged to 100%, very generous of the dealer, but do I now have to go for a 20% charge drive so I don't leave it charged above 80%?
image0.png
If you plan on driving the car in the next 5/7 days leaving it above 80% is fine. What EV (lithium) batteries don't like is being stored at low (under 20%) or high (over 80%) levels for long periods of time (weeks on end)
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Jel wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:56 pm If you plan on driving the car in the next 5/7 days leaving it above 80% is fine. What EV (lithium) batteries don't like is being stored at low (under 20%) or high (over 80%) levels for long periods of time (weeks on end)
Great thanks, that's good of the dealer then and it saves me have to charge to 100% this month to balance the cells.
My smart drone batteries discharge themselves to 50% if you leave them fully charged after a week unused, so just the same.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

After 16 days with the dealer I have my ID.3 back updated to 2.0, most of the issues have been fixed, aside from mph to kph.
Carplay works etc., the manual is now available under the help icon.
Rather disappointed that looking in help it says " Sorry, voice control for air conditioning is not supported in this language." - not good as sliders are invisible in dark and 16 second YouTube VW clip demonstrating using voice control showcases heat, navigation and radio voice control.

IMG_3969.JPG

Presumably this will work in 2.1.
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

simonrg wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:03 pm After 16 days with the dealer I have my ID.3 back updated to 2.0, most of the issues have been fixed, aside from mph to kph.
Rather disappointed that looking in help it says " Sorry, voice control for air conditioning is not supported in this language." - not good as sliders are invisible in dark and 16 second YouTube VW clip demonstrating using voice control showcases heat, navigation and radio voice control.
IMG_3969.JPG
It will work! Just try “hello ID, I’m cold” or warm....
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

stu-evs wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:45 pm
simonrg wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:03 pm After 16 days with the dealer I have my ID.3 back updated to 2.0, most of the issues have been fixed, aside from mph to kph.
IMG_3969.JPG
No it doesn't work, I get "Sorry", on repeating I get "Air conditioning functions can not be operated by voice control".
I guess it must be a feature of the 1st Edition vs. Business - I not impressed.
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

simonrg wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:01 pm
stu-evs wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:45 pm
IMG_3969.JPG
No it doesn't work, I get "Sorry", on repeating I get "Air conditioning functions can not be operated by voice control".
I guess it must be a feature of the 1st Edition vs. Business - I not impressed.
Hmmm... I’m not 100% sure in that case - perhaps someone else with a non-1st edition can jump in here too - but I don’t think that I’ve seen a different level of software/voice functionality between specs documented anywhere?

If someone with a business is able to confirm it works for them then I’d say you have something not right with one of your modules?
ID.3 1st Edition

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I doubt this has anything to do with the spec, voice control is standard across the whole range.