ME2.0 update cancelled

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
simonrg
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 pm

Re: ME2.0 update cancelled

Post by simonrg » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:14 am

scott28tt wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:44 pm
I doubt this has anything to do with the spec, voice control is standard across the whole range.
Thanks as you say this is what all of VW's brochures / web pages / advertising have said, hence my disappointment, as this to me would be the most useful piece of voice as temperature control in the dark is a distracting activity as the controls are not lit up.

I am stuck in the "computer says no situation" - if I mention cold / heat car tells me it can't do it and help menu says it too.

If on the Infotainment system you go to Help - Voice Control - Air Conditioning - what does yours say? Mine says NO - see message image above.

Please could somebody with 0783 on a Life or Business model try to control heat by voice and let me know if it works - thanks.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance 204PS 1-speed automatic 5 Door + Heat Pump - Software 0783 (28/1/21) Hardware H20
Collected 23rd December 2020 - North Yorkshire

stu-evs
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:25 pm

Re: ME2.0 update cancelled

Post by stu-evs » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:22 pm

simonrg wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:14 am
scott28tt wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:44 pm
I doubt this has anything to do with the spec, voice control is standard across the whole range.
Thanks as you say this is what all of VW's brochures / web pages / advertising have said, hence my disappointment, as this to me would be the most useful piece of voice as temperature control in the dark is a distracting activity as the controls are not lit up.

I am stuck in the "computer says no situation" - if I mention cold / heat car tells me it can't do it and help menu says it too.

If on the Infotainment system you go to Help - Voice Control - Air Conditioning - what does yours say? Mine says NO - see message image above.

Please could somebody with 0783 on a Life or Business model try to control heat by voice and let me know if it works - thanks.
Just had a look at this for you...here is a screenshot of the relevant help page in our 1st Ed. Never actually gone into the help section before!

966B7E75-E6C4-4808-8C8F-ED69202A4A2F.jpeg

The bit I don’t understand with what you’re seeing is the reference to ‘not available in this language’ - makes me think something is amiss somewhere.

Had a look again at the spec - ‘natural language voice control’ is fixed spec on all models. The only relevant variable I can see may be ‘comfort pack plus’ - which provides 2-zone climate + heated seats etc..... but no explicit reference to a difference in voice control.

Still need someone else with a life/business to chime in I think...
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366

Kelloggs
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:06 am

Re: ME2.0 update cancelled

Post by Kelloggs » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:31 pm

I have a life pro bought 23rd dec which was updated to me 2.0 in early jan. I can’t get voice activation of ac either and have the same message. I’m contacting dealer next week for that and the miles to km speed warning. Also I can’t get remote warming apart from 1 time when plugged in. Lost being able to warm seats or steering wheel in app, much the same as others. No delayed charging etc. I’ve also lost the automatic wiper function..
id3 life performance pro heat pump, turquoise,black.
share.octopus.energy/witty-hawk-404

scott28tt
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Re: ME2.0 update cancelled

Post by scott28tt » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:20 pm

mph/kmh speed limit warnings - VW know about this issue but don’t currently have a fix, by all means report it to your dealer though.

I spoke to VW UK about it this week, it’s currently escalated to the factory.
ID.3 1st Edition - Moonstone Grey

G4XUR
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:15 pm

Re: ME2.0 update cancelled

Post by G4XUR » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:27 pm

Mine went into the dealer on Wednesday afternoon to ensure it was "up to temperature" for the ME2 update to commence on Thursday morning! Had a call this afternoon Friday to say they had been online with VW in Germany to sort issues out and hopefully I will get an update on Monday as to when it will be ready to collect! My patients is beginning to wear! I did decline a loan vehicle. I have only driven 350 miles in it from new. VW have really screwed up with this launch. Still happy, almost, as got an email about my previous 3 diesel Golfs and they all fit the category for the diesel-gate claim which is well underway now!
Very disappointed with the ID3, though a nice vehicle to look at!!
ID3 1st Ed.

simonrg
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 pm

Re: ME2.0 update cancelled

Post by simonrg » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:36 pm

Anybody got a Life or Business with 0783 without heat pump, please could you see if Voice Control of heating works, thanks.
Kelloggs wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:31 pm
I have a life pro bought 23rd dec which was updated to me 2.0 in early jan. I can’t get voice activation of ac either and have the same message. I’m contacting dealer next week for that and the miles to km speed warning. Also I can’t get remote warming apart from 1 time when plugged in. Lost being able to warm seats or steering wheel in app, much the same as others. No delayed charging etc. I’ve also lost the automatic wiper function..
Thanks and sorry you have the problem.
So it is not just me, I guess we don't know if it is the spec i.e. Life/Business vs First or if it is the heat pump which doesn't work with Voice Control.
Either way it is silly as my heating can be controlled by app so it is linked into the full software framework, just not by Voice Control.
I had a loan Life for 15 days on 0564 on which Voice Control of heating didn't work, so it might work on 0783.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance 204PS 1-speed automatic 5 Door + Heat Pump - Software 0783 (28/1/21) Hardware H20
Collected 23rd December 2020 - North Yorkshire

Jel
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:58 pm

Re: ME2.0 update cancelled

Post by Jel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:05 pm

So after having my first booking cancelled in Dec I had my ID3 booked in for the 4th of Feb. Now 8 days later I've just been told it needs a new ECU. If it takes 30 days do get the new ECU delivered like some have mentioned I will flip.

I'm really not impressed with VW at the moment.

simonrg
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 pm

Re: ME2.0 update cancelled

Post by simonrg » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:40 pm

Jel wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:05 pm
So after having my first booking cancelled in Dec I had my ID3 booked in for the 4th of Feb. Now 8 days later I've just been told it needs a new ECU. If it takes 30 days do get the new ECU delivered like some have mentioned I will flip.

I'm really not impressed with VW at the moment.
Assuming VW are still producing ID.3s in Germany, then ECUs are available in Germany, so the delay is VW prioritising building new ID.3s over repairing your ID.3 for 30 days.
I am sure you are doing this sort of thing, but ask dealer how long YOUR ECU will take to arrive, ask for assurances and if they say it is down to VW then ask for the contact in VW to seek confirmation from and to get the delay reduced to less than 5 days.
Talk to VW Customer Care.
I find the whole VW customer experience deeply unimpressive, I got my car immediately had issues, took 3 weeks to get into taken back by dealer and only then because I contacted VW to get permission for the dealer to do work under warranty, VW would not let me talk to anybody technical, so each interaction involves me providing information waiting for customer service to get information from VW technical, then took 2 weeks at dealers as they could not get a slot for VW technical team to support them.
Good luck.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance 204PS 1-speed automatic 5 Door + Heat Pump - Software 0783 (28/1/21) Hardware H20
Collected 23rd December 2020 - North Yorkshire

Daveion
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:24 am

Re: Another SW update cancellation

Post by Daveion » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:15 pm

This is an interesting thread to keep running. I think SW will ultimately occupy a big slice of the ID3 chat.
My upgrade was scheduled for today. I had an emai, text and phone call reminder of my appointment at Beadles Chelmsford Essex, a 23 mile drive from my home.
Turned up, deposited my car and keys, collected the courtesy car and drove away. 10 minutes later I received a call from them to advise that they have been instructed by VW that they cannot carry out SW updates until further notice following a series of LOCK-OUTS? so I need to return and pick my car back up???????
How on Earth that happens I dont know and I am none the wiser as to when I get upgraded from 0564.
Pretty dissapointing.
They discounted me £4 on textile car mats I had ordered for the inconveinience of wasting my time and trouble for a round trip of 3 hours.
Still enough complaining, I enjoyed the drive and returned 3.7miles/kwh on a 46 mile run and it was good to get out of lockdown at home for a few hours.
Dave
Pro Life : Moonstone : 19" Andoya Wheels.

simonrg
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 pm

Re: Another SW update cancellation

Post by simonrg » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Daveion wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:15 pm
....
Turned up, deposited my car and keys, collected the courtesy car and drove away. 10 minutes later I received a call from them to advise that they have been instructed by VW that they cannot carry out SW updates until further notice following a series of LOCK-OUTS? so I need to return and pick my car back up???????
....
Do you know if they were trying to install 2.1 or presumably 2.0?
Lock-outs on 2.1 would not be good news and is the "cannot carry out SW updates until further notice" just Beadles or every other VW dealer.
Good luck next time and glad you had a good driver through the Essex(?) countryside.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance 204PS 1-speed automatic 5 Door + Heat Pump - Software 0783 (28/1/21) Hardware H20
Collected 23rd December 2020 - North Yorkshire

Post Reply