ME2.0 update cancelled

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

Picked the car up this morning after 2.1 update. It was raining and the wipers didn’t work so out came a service engineer and told me it has to be in intermittent wipe setting on the stalk for automatic wipe to work properly. I didn’t know that. It worked ok after that, speeding up to full wipe etc when rain was heavier.
On the drive home I couldn’t get ACC to work. I just had disengaged message but all settings seemed to be on. They took the manual away under instructions from VW and will be reissuing them! So I can’t tell if I have forgotten something.
The id3 app is now working and the car interior pic is back.
A new id3 they tried to update on Wednesday is bricked.
I also found out a tyre inflation kit should have been in the boot so that’s been rectified.
id3 life performance pro heat pump, turquoise,black.
share.octopus.energy/witty-hawk-404

stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

Kelloggs wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:16 pm Picked the car up this morning after 2.1 update. It was raining and the wipers didn’t work so out came a service engineer and told me it has to be in intermittent wipe setting on the stalk for automatic wipe to work properly. I didn’t know that. It worked ok after that, speeding up to full wipe etc when rain was heavier.
On the drive home I couldn’t get ACC to work. I just had disengaged message but all settings seemed to be on. They took the manual away under instructions from VW and will be reissuing them! So I can’t tell if I have forgotten something.
The id3 app is now working and the car interior pic is back.
A new id3 they tried to update on Wednesday is bricked.
I also found out a tyre inflation kit should have been in the boot so that’s been rectified.
Yes - standard on all VAG cars - in fact, I think, most cars - auto wiping is enabled by placing the stalk in the intermittent placement - the dial, that on a manual wipe car would have changed the frequency of intermittent wiper, will now adjust auto wipe sensitivity.
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

Doesn’t it seem counterintuitive to have to switch on the wipers to enable rain sensing to switch on the wipers though? 🤔
That’s like locking the passenger door manually to enable remote locking.
Maybe it’s set up for left hand drive as well as the wipers. 😉
Seriously though, the 2.1 upgrade does seem to fix a lot. And I got an Id3 face mask, in red to match my eyes!
As we hear so much negative response, Thanks to Marshall VW grimsby service staff for being so helpful as well.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Kelloggs wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:21 pm Doesn’t it seem counterintuitive to have to switch on the wipers to enable rain sensing to switch on the wipers though? 🤔
If you didn't have to do this there would be threads about the fact that you couldn't turn the wipers off, and how people's wipers were mangled when they went through the car wash. If it helps think of it as enabling rain sensor not turning on wipers.
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

Kelloggs wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:21 pm Doesn’t it seem counterintuitive to have to switch on the wipers to enable rain sensing to switch on the wipers though? 🤔
That’s like locking the passenger door manually to enable remote locking.
Maybe it’s set up for left hand drive as well as the wipers. 😉
Seriously though, the 2.1 upgrade does seem to fix a lot. And I got an Id3 face mask, in red to match my eyes!
As we hear so much negative response, Thanks to Marshall VW grimsby service staff for being so helpful as well.
You just leave it in the intermittent position permanently. I literally never touch the wiper stalk unless it’s been into the dealer for work and they’ve turned them off. Been the same on my last few cars for years all with auto wipers.
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

stu-evs wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:05 pm You just leave it in the intermittent position permanently. I literally never touch the wiper stalk unless it’s been into the dealer for work and they’ve turned them off. Been the same on my last few cars for years all with auto wipers.

Same here - rarely touch the stalk.
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

Tongue was halfway in cheek guys, thanks for the insight. Duly noted and acted upon. I just jumped back in it and ACC is now working fine as well.
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Kelloggs wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:16 pm I also found out a tyre inflation kit should have been in the boot so that’s been rectified.
Did you have to ask for this or are you saying that VW dealers have been told to rectify the omission?
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

The technician commented on the omission after checking the car when updating to ME2.1. I queried it again when I picked up the car and they gave me the kit.