Cabin Air Filtration

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

I believe the ID.3 (or some models of it) can sense pollutants in the incoming air, and automatically switch in a system to protect the occupants from the pollution. I don't know if it does that by increasing the filtration of the incoming air, or switching the ventilation to recirculation, isolating the cabin from outside. I've never heard of this function in any other car, it's the sort of thing I might expect to find in a Rolls Royce but not in any lesser vehicle, so if it's real, I'm much impressed.

There is also an option to clean the cabin air, which is illustrated very nicely on the infotainment screen with an animation.

Does anyone know how it works? If it works? How well it works? I haven't yet experienced a situation which would show me it working. Perhaps if I follow a diesel vehicle that belches black smoke, I wouldn't smell that in the cabin as I would have done in my previous car?
Last edited by HeidiFlowerpt Driver on Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot

hary232

Post by hary232 »

There is a sensor which detects cabin air quality and ID.3 can shut outside air inlet automatically in case it detects "bad air quality" (not sure what parameters are they measuring to do this).

"Air Care Climatronic" is the google keyword.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

hary232 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:45 pm There is a sensor which detects cabin air quality and ID.3 can shut outside air inlet automatically in case it detects "bad air quality" (not sure what parameters are they measuring to do this).

"Air Care Climatronic" is the google keyword.
Thank you!
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot