Tell me about seats

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Hi,

Looking at the various specs on the VW website, I am a little confused about seats. I see the Life is described as having 'basic' seats but the Style/Family/Business are described as having 'style' seats.

Apart from the fabric covering, is there actually any difference between the two types of seat?

Also, as none of them have lumbar support, are the seats comfortable? Not being able to actually see the cars, let alone sit in them, it is difficult to imagine what they are like.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104

pdk42

Post by pdk42 »

As far as I can see, the only difference between the Life seats and the Family/Style/Business is the covering. The seats on the higher-end models are better though.

Comfort seems fine on ours (Family). I've had a couple of long drives (5 hours driving in one day) and they are fine. No issues.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Same here. Mine is a Life and seats are comfortable but firm but found that on all VWs.
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Thanks for the info. We are looking at a Style (in stock) to replace the wife's Karoq and of course we can't test drive or see on in the metal.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
ID-Ian

Post by ID-Ian »

TECH, MAX and TOUR get the "Style Plus" seats with lumber support , extendable seat base and massage function.
The fabric is the same as the Style seats though
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Those seats look very comfortable (Style Plus) but they are too expensive for a second car unfortunately.
Aapercy

Post by Aapercy »

I am 6’4”. One week in and I realised that the seats were absolutely killing my back.
I think there’s 3 problems:
1. Seat size is too small for me
2. No lumbar support
3. Driving with the automations (which I love) means that the car is changing speeds without the driver and so the driver does not make any proactive posture changes that would normally accompany things like applying the brake.

I have added a leather covered memory foam lumbar support cushion from Amazon (£33) and that seems to have make a huge difference so far.
Life Pro - Feb2021 - version 0783
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Thanks for the reply. I have wondered about lack of lumber support but hopefully at 6'2" I will fit slightly better and it is the wife's car so I shouldn't be driving it too often.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I've been fine so far with no lumbar support - I used to have it at it's maximum setting in the Mercedes I had previously, but am not missing it in the ID.
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

Lower models also doesn't have rear 'ski hole'.
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.
gwr

Post by gwr »

ID-Ian wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:45 pm TECH, MAX and TOUR get the "Style Plus" seats with lumber support , extendable seat base and massage function.
The fabric is the same as the Style seats though
Only if you go for the electrical option, on the Tech at least. The rear seat is split though.
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland