What software version should I expect at collection?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
BevTowcester

Post by BevTowcester »

Hi
Go notification today, that my made to order ID3 has arrived at the dealer.
It will take a few days to get the car registered and for me to pay them
It’s car is straight from the factory
What software version should it have?
Many thanks

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Probably 0783 / 2.0

If the home button is on the right and you have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto then you have that version.
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

It depends on the build date. If mid-December 2020 onwards it should be version 2.0 (0783) straight from the factory.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

My car arrived at the dealer this Tuesday and I have been told (twice) that it has 2.1 on it.. but I have failed to get the actual software ID from the dealer.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

G43FAN wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:10 am My car arrived at the dealer this Tuesday and I have been told (twice) that it has 2.1 on it.. but I have failed to get the actual software ID from the dealer.

When do you collect it? You’ll be the first person I’m aware of anywhere in the UK who has 2.1 if they’re telling you the truth...
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:58 pm
G43FAN wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:10 am My car arrived at the dealer this Tuesday and I have been told (twice) that it has 2.1 on it.. but I have failed to get the actual software ID from the dealer.

When do you collect it? You’ll be the first person I’m aware of anywhere in the UK who has 2.1 if they’re telling you the truth...
Not until March 5th probably. I need to speak to the dealership again next week so I will see if I can push for a software number. I assume it's in the settings somewhere, I suspect it's going to be 2.0 though.
BevTowcester

Post by BevTowcester »

Ok some good info there. Thank you
As we are all learning on this, clearly build date is important
Can we establish the build date? Where and how.
For sure I will look for the obvious pointer of ‘home button on the right and Apple car play’
But will also request the software spec prior to collection
Thanks
Ps I’ll update this thread as we learn more