Steel to alloys

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
maccyj

Post by maccyj »

Hi I am in the process of (hopefully) buying an ID.3 , pre-registered with just delivery miles. It has steel wheels, and I asked the dealer if he could change them to alloys. I have an email from the salesman saying they can be swapped, and how nice the car will look. I have just been sent the invoice, and queried the stealth-type inclusion of insurance (gap/alloy/cosmetic). I asked hem to redo the invoice as I don't want any of those. I have now received a mail saying that they can't "swap" the wheels from another vehicle as they are registered specifically with the chassis number of the original vehicle and it would invalidate the warranty!

Really????????

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

You would have had a £1200-ish option given to you for free (unless they were planning on charging you?)

I guess they would have to do some paperwork (x2) or other admin if they swapped them.

Plus it makes the other car potentially less attractive for them to sell.
digital

Post by digital »

maccyj wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:55 pm ... I have now received a mail saying that they can't "swap" the wheels from another vehicle as they are registered specifically with the chassis number of the original vehicle and it would invalidate the warranty!

Really????????
That's what I was told when I asked the same question.

I asked about the cost of a set of East Derrys: near enough £3000!!
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
maccyj

Post by maccyj »

Thanks guys. My car mate has suggested I look elsewhere, so am taking his advice! I swear if I had just accepted the grand for insurances they would’ve done it for nothing. Huff.
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

maccyj wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:51 pm Thanks guys. My car mate has suggested I look elsewhere, so am taking his advice! I swear if I had just accepted the grand for insurances they would’ve done it for nothing. Huff.
If you are on Facebook VW ID.3 group, there is a company EV Quip which may be of interest.
maccyj

Post by maccyj »

Thank you