Car Mats

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I was surprised my Life never came with car mats.
I picked a set up from Beadles VW yesterday and pleased with the quality and fit.
They are black textile, reasonable weight, drivers side has a heel pad, front and rear for about £45.
Shame they are not supplied as standard.
Dave
Last edited by Daveion on Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Carpet mats are only supplied as standard with the 1st Edition, all other specs have carpet mats or the all-weather rubber mats as a cost option.
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I got the carpet mats with my 1st Edition but as I live in the country I bought the rubber mats for use during the winter months. Not cheap but they fit well and save a lot of cleaning...
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

hwhbev wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:52 pm I bought the rubber mats for use during the winter months

I'm trying to buy some, got zero response from 2 dealers. I managed to buy the rear set online but still haven't found anywhere I can get the front set from (for RHD)
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I got mine on a special deal with a few other accessories from my dealer. As I say, expensive but they fit well.
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

As I live in the country, we used a spare set of rubber mats from our old Scirocco as an emergency measure. They don't fit exactly but they'll do until I can find a reasonably priced alternative. I resent paying a lot of money for something that's going to be covered with mud from September to April.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

hungerdunger wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:28 pm As I live in the country, we used a spare set of rubber mats from our old Scirocco as an emergency measure. They don't fit exactly but they'll do until I can find a reasonably priced alternative. I resent paying a lot of money for something that's going to be covered with mud from September to April.

Be careful with mats that aren't secured in the driver's footwell. Just sayin'..... :)