2.1 update confirmed

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I followed the link but unless I missed it It doesn't actually say what the level is. It states what you get.
My car is re booked for March 9-10 for a SW investigation. The dealer has consistantly said I can only bring the car in for reported SW faults. They are not permitted to log UPGRADE although I guess that is inevitably the fix.
Should I push for 2.1?
As it's my third visit should I insist in future that I have over the air upgrades?
I'm currently on 0564 as purchased in December and although I have a number of glitches I learn to live with them.
As my booking is the 10th of March I would hope I get the latest version.
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Daveion wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:34 am I followed the link but unless I missed it It doesn't actually say what the level is. It states what you get.
My car is re booked for March 9-10 for a SW investigation. The dealer has consistantly said I can only bring the car in for reported SW faults. They are not permitted to log UPGRADE although I guess that is inevitably the fix.
Should I push for 2.1?
As it's my third visit should I insist in future that I have over the air upgrades?
I'm currently on 0564 as purchased in December and although I have a number of glitches I learn to live with them.
As my booking is the 10th of March I would hope I get the latest version.
Dave

It's 2.1, it says so on the page:

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 11.48.56.png

Up til this point, your dealer has had to log any work they do on your car as a warranty claim - that's how they get paid by VW - so yes reporting faults/quirks/issues has been the approach to take.

2.1 is different in that it is recommended for every vehicle (also mentioned on the page) - VW will still be paying dealers somehow though.

I don't think you can "insist" on OTA in future - who knows if will be technically possible for all future updates to be delivered OTA or whether some will still require a workshop visit.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

I spoke to my dealer today (Lookers of Northallerton) who said that they have been told this morning they will have access to 2.1 on 12th March (a further week's delay?) and so have booked my car in for 15th.
I also phoned 00800 43347328 as car was asking me to do to resolve error condition (manual in wrong language and unable to change) - pressed 2 problem with vehicle which initially got me through to UK VW Customer Care - when I described the error I was transferred supposed to be to people to help - but actually back to main menu, so I tried 1 for digital and 2 for ID, got through to somebody who appeared to actually know about the ID.3 useful conversation but no immediate resolution to my particular problem.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thanks Scott
Beadles have since advised I will get 2.1 so hopefully it goes OK this time.
Dave
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

Booked my 1st Edition in with my local dealer today for Monday 8th March.
Deleted User 192

Kirkbysteve wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:31 pm Booked my 1st Edition in with my local dealer today for Monday 8th March.

I’ve read in a coupe of places it won’t be available to dealers til the 10th, hopefully you’ll be ok... mine is booked for the 15th.
rodbanner

Post by rodbanner »

Why is the company so guarded about the versioning of these releases? Or resistant to publishing any documentation of them?

Will VW ever enable these updates to be possible OTA or without constrained dealer intervention? 2-3 days for a firmware update seem ludicrous.

Does anyone know of a compensation claim or class action suit yet?
Last edited by rodbanner on Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rodbanner

Post by rodbanner »

Has anyone tried disconnecting the 12 volt battery supply to see if it resets any of these warnings and quirky errors?
Deleted User 192

rodbanner wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:57 pm Why is the company so guarded about the versioning of these releases? Or documentation? Will they ever enable these updates to be possible without dealer intervention? 2-3 days for a firmware update seem ludicrous. Does anyone know of a compensation claim or class action suit yet?

Can you elaborate on what you mean about versioning and documentation?

This 2.1 release enables “over the air” (OTA) updates for the future.

Compensation or class action on what basis?
Deleted User 192

rodbanner wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:01 pm Has anyone tried disconnecting the 12 volt battery supply to see if it resets any of these warnings and quirky errors?

Which warnings/errors?
id73

Post by id73 »

I just called VW west london and asked them for the next slot for 2.1 update. Almost fell off my chair when they told me mid May! Called Wimbledon and they said next week.
My experience with West London is utterly dreadful, they cancelled on my 3 times for the 2.0 update and now seem to be 2 months behind the next closest VW dealer for 2.1. Utterly shambolic...
rodbanner

Post by rodbanner »

re Versioning of releases
Most tech firms publish what the release version is, when it's coming and what it has been designed to address. Unless I'm missing something there is no resource for this information. VW needs to establish and run such a site.

re fault: Error: Drive System. Please visit workshop.
While I can drive it, I have no WeConnect, no Nav, no online services.
I have been told that by disconnecting the 12 volt supply, you can force a full system reset which can resolve some of these faults. But does it? Or might it make things worse. I hope there is nothing injurious about driving the car. No one seems able to tell me that either.

re. Class action.
My car is just a couple of months old and presenting problems that means the service team has to take it off the road for 3 days. I cannot get a replacement vehicle for that time and I feel that's just extremely poor customer service.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Has anyone got 2.1 yet and do we know what the software ID is?
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I agree Rod with what you said on the SW and feeling left short when having to look for a DIY fix on a new car.
On a Class Action. I think you are unfortunate and the forum isn't brimming over with people who feel they want to take VW to task. A lot seemed to go ahead with an ID3 knowing the SW was going to be a bit of an issue. So there is a level of moans and groans but a Class Action requires a large group to hold your view.
I bought a new BMW Z4 some years ago that developed a roof problem. The dealer had if for 6 weeks through some of the best summer weather while I drove a series 1 courtesy car. I was furious but looking back I was just unlucky.
Time will tell if your view is correct but I hope for all ID3 owners you may just be more unfortunate with your car and dealership than average.
I hope you get your issues resolved.
Dave
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Deleted User 192

rodbanner wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:02 pm re Versioning of releases
Most tech firms publish what the release version is, when it's coming and what it has been designed to address. Unless I'm missing something there is no resource for this information. VW needs to establish and run such a site.

re fault: Error: Drive System. Please visit workshop.
While I can drive it, I have no WeConnect, no Nav, no online services.
I have been told that by disconnecting the 12 volt supply, you can force a full system reset which can resolve some of these faults. But does it? Or might it make things worse. I hope there is nothing injurious about driving the car. No one seems able to tell me that either.

re. Class action.
My car is just a couple of months old and presenting problems that means the service team has to take it off the road for 3 days. I cannot get a replacement vehicle for that time and I feel that's just extremely poor customer service.

All things to take up with your dealer, or to escalate to VW - if you're in the UK email executive.office@volkswagen.co.uk or if you financed through VWFS contact them as they have an "interest" in your car.
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:23 pm Has anyone got 2.1 yet and do we know what the software ID is?
Seems like it’s 0792
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
Deleted User 192

G43FAN wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:23 pm Has anyone got 2.1 yet and do we know what the software ID is?

It is 0792, seen screenshots posted in a couple of other places in the last 24 hours.
rodbanner

Post by rodbanner »

Where do you find these IDs?
Deleted User 192

rodbanner wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:37 pm Where do you find these IDs?

0564 was on the initial batch of cars
0570 was installed on my car in November 2020 (I think it was released towards the end of October 2020)
0783 (also known as 2.0) was released in December 2020 and installed on my car in January 2021
0792 (also known as 2.1) is the latest version released this week

I learned of 0792 being the 2.1 version number here: https://www.speakev.com/threads/id-3-bo ... st-2973191
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Well I pick my car up on Friday but it will not have 2.1 on it.. What version is a bit of a mystery in fact. The dealer has told me 2.1 hasn't actually been released and a brief 'chat' with VW online the advisor said it wasn't scheduled yet and would probably be the end of the year !!! (you can imagine how the rest of the chat went).