2.1 update confirmed

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Statten

Post by Statten »

I’ve been told my ID3 on order will arrive in the dealer on June 30th, here’s hoping it comes fully stacked with working software 😀😭

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Statten wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:59 pm I’ve been told my ID3 on order will arrive in the dealer on June 30th, here’s hoping it comes fully stacked with working software 😀😭

If it arrived in the next couple of weeks it should, never mine June...
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

My 2.1 update was completed today Im relieved to say. Im glad I got through the first 3 months of ownership on 0564 without too many problems.
On the drive home it was nice to have the menu control on the right and noticed smal changes in the graphics on the instrument display. The ACC graphics are better and the hit and miss of + and - to change speed now simple increments of 1mph/click. Previously mine would wildly ramp up and down. Other than that Im just going to enjoy it for a couple of days before exploring other changes.
25 mile home journey at 12C gave me 4.4 m/kw which was nice. A bit of warmer weather good for range and confidence in Beadles of Chelmsford restored.
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Daveion wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:16 pm My 2.1 update was completed today Im relieved to say. Im glad I got through the first 3 months of ownership on 0564 without too many problems.
On the drive home it was nice to have the menu control on the right and noticed smal changes in the graphics on the instrument display. The ACC graphics are better and the hit and miss of + and - to change speed now simple increments of 1mph/click. Previously mine would wildly ramp up and down. Other than that Im just going to enjoy it for a couple of days before exploring other changes.
25 mile home journey at 12C gave me 4.4 m/kw which was nice. A bit of warmer weather good for range and confidence in Beadles of Chelmsford restored.
Dave
You should be able to change the speed in 1mph or 5 mph increments.

From the manual....
Setting the speed

You can adjust the stored speed within the defined speed range by means of the buttons on the multifunction steering wheel:

+ 1 km/h (1 mph):
Gently press the button.

- 1 km/h (1 mph):
Gently press the button.

+ 10 km/h (5 mph):
Strongly press the button or swipe over the button from bottom to top. The first time it is pressed, it jumps to the next higher ten (km/h) or five (mph) increment.

- 10 km/h (5 mph):
Strongly press the button or swipe over the button from top to bottom. The first time it is pressed, it jumps to the next lower ten (km/h) or five (mph) increment

Press and hold the corresponding button to continuously change the stored speed.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thanks G43FAN. I understood how the operation was meant to be but on my car the incremental increase and decrease was haphazard. A gental one touch often jumped straight to the National speed limit! There were no other threads on that particular issue that I could see but hoped it would de resolved with 2.1 and it was. It now responds exactly as you describe.
Thanks
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Unfortunately I join the list of people whose ID.3 has failed the 2.1 update because the "gateway control unit is faulty" and needs to be replaced. I will update this post when I find out how long I'm going to have to wait for one to be delivered to my dealer.

If we, the owners of these cars, are annoyed at the frailty of this car, just imagine what the dealers must be going through.....
Smokeyhill

Post by Smokeyhill »

Happy to report my 2.1 update completed yesterday (dropped off last Wednesday) and the car was picked up today. Seems okay, more than that didn’t realise how much I absolutely hated the loan car (ice golf highline) compared to the id3. Time will tell, but pleased with the vw customer service so far. Based on other reports I totally expected this software update when I bought the car so not really fazed by it, but appreciate not everyone will be in that position.
Deleted User 192

Mine went to the workshop yesterday, had a call at lunchtime that they can't get the car to take the core 2.1 software - they've already done a couple of their own cars but mine is the first customer one, so they feel bad but I have a loaner Golf 8 so not too fussed for now...

They had logged a technical report with VW and were waiting to hear back from them.
RDR

Post by RDR »

Ours failed the update today. dealer said 8 hours in and it errored at the last stage so they will try again tomorrow.
Deleted User 192

Add me to the "my ID.3 needs a new control unit before 2.1 can be installed" list - just had another call from the workshop.

The car isn't bricked, it fell at the first hurdle so is in the same state as when I dropped it off and I'm off to collect it shortly as the control unit is on back order at the factory so it could be a while...!
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Smokeyhill wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:37 pm Happy to report my 2.1 update completed yesterday (dropped off last Wednesday) and the car was picked up today. Seems okay, more than that didn’t realise how much I absolutely hated the loan car (ice golf highline) compared to the id3. Time will tell, but pleased with the vw customer service so far. Based on other reports I totally expected this software update when I bought the car so not really fazed by it, but appreciate not everyone will be in that position.
Mine is in for its upgrade today, I have a Golf 8 and like you, I hate it. So sluggish pulling away and the diesel engine sounds like the exhaust is blowing. It's brand new, done less than 1000 miles, and very plush, but I'll never go back to an ICE car.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:00 pm
Smokeyhill wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:37 pm Happy to report my 2.1 update completed yesterday (dropped off last Wednesday) and the car was picked up today. Seems okay, more than that didn’t realise how much I absolutely hated the loan car (ice golf highline) compared to the id3. Time will tell, but pleased with the vw customer service so far. Based on other reports I totally expected this software update when I bought the car so not really fazed by it, but appreciate not everyone will be in that position.
Mine is in for its upgrade today, I have a Golf 8 and like you, I hate it. So sluggish pulling away and the diesel engine sounds like the exhaust is blowing. It's brand new, done less than 1000 miles, and very plush, but I'll never go back to an ICE car.
Fingers crossed here as mine is also in for the update today. I have a Tiguan loaner, and feel the same — sluggish acceleration, noisy diesel, although coming from the ID.3 I did understand all the various controls on the steering wheel (same design language), and the ACC worked fine on the motorway, and the lane assist was not annoying!
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

hwhbev wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:57 pm Unfortunately I join the list of people whose ID.3 has failed the 2.1 update because the "gateway control unit is faulty" and needs to be replaced. I will update this post when I find out how long I'm going to have to wait for one to be delivered to my dealer.

If we, the owners of these cars, are annoyed at the frailty of this car, just imagine what the dealers must be going through.....

I’ve just been told by my dealer that they’ve been given an estimated date for receiving a new gateway control unit of 23rd March. Fingers crossed.

I reckon that the control unit is not failing per se. I suspect the hardware version installed in the early 1st Editions is too old for the new software. Unfortunately we’re dealing with motor mechanics and not IT professionals so they don’t think to check version numbers before they start the upgrade. It’s more of a suck it and see approach........ IMHO.

scott28tt - when they told me that my update had failed they said that it was half way through so I am guessing that my ID.3 is unusable until they can complete the update. You are lucky that yours failed at the start. Or maybe they checked the hardware version before they started.
MPA10

Post by MPA10 »

Have been told my SOS control unit is with the dealer today and they will complete 2.1 update at the same time expected completion Friday or ‘Monday’ 🤞
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:38 pm Add me to the "my ID.3 needs a new control unit before 2.1 can be installed" list - just had another call from the workshop.

The car isn't bricked, it fell at the first hurdle so is in the same state as when I dropped it off and I'm off to collect it shortly as the control unit is on back order at the factory so it could be a while...!
Sorry to hear about this, ID.3 is proving to be a real time sink - documenting faults, driving backwards and forwards to dealer, I can't really blame the dealer as my 2.1 update failed at the zeroth hurdle as they spotted the cracked windscreen during the vehicle health check as part of accepting the vehicle.
Hope they get the unit soon.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Deleted User 192

I’m not fussed, still have my car to drive and it is what it is...
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Mine is in for 2.0 -> 2.1 today. They gave us a 1st loaner. They are looking at all aspects, aircon, charging, 80% limit being ignored, plus 2.1 fixes. Their current ETA is tomorrow 4pm pickup.
RDR

Post by RDR »

Ours all done so far none of the long list of faults I raised have surfaced so fingers crossed!

Anyone know what the modified carpet campaign is about? Just noticed it on invoice so didn't ask

AB337924-1DD5-41B7-BEB0-552C37FA99F6.jpeg

gailjon

Post by gailjon »

I believe that the carpet issue was to do with a potential for the carpet to be caught in the pedals. Probably needed a trim or an additional fixing. Can you see any changes in the footwell?
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Jono

Post by Jono »

Anyone know roughly how long they had to wait for “ new controller” based on failing 2.1 upgrade?