2.1 update confirmed

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

RDR wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:57 pm Ours all done so far none of the long list of faults I raised have surfaced so fingers crossed!

I note they also switched you to the "meaningless to the owner" green number plates - my dealer did exactly the same without asking me, I didn't want them.
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 192

Jono wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:28 pm Anyone know roughly how long they had to wait for “ new controller” based on failing 2.1 upgrade?

As of yesterday mine is on back order at the factory (whichever control unit it actually is) - no date, but then my car's not bricked and I have it back til the time comes...
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Jono wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:28 pm Anyone know roughly how long they had to wait for “ new controller” based on failing 2.1 upgrade?

"Gateway Control Unit": told it needs replacing on 16th March -- new one estimated to arrive on 23rd March.
RDR

Post by RDR »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:30 pm
RDR wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:57 pm Ours all done so far none of the long list of faults I raised have surfaced so fingers crossed!

I note they also switched you to the "meaningless to the owner" green number plates - my dealer did exactly the same without asking me, I didn't want them.
Yes I'm ok with it sheffield councils green car scheme recognises them so don't have to put the disc on the dash

had a look at there carpet cant see any obvious changes
D&B

Post by D&B »

Picked the car up today after 2 days getting the new software update. It came with 2.0 but carplay didn’t work, timed charging only worked at a really slow rate, gesture control didn’t work (still doesn’t, anyone else had this problem?) but most glitches seem fixed now. They washed it terribly and gave it back with 30% less battery SOC. nice
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

My car had the update yesterday without any problems but prior to that my gesture control did not work ( on 783 ). Everything now appears to be working ok.
Deleted User 192

RDR wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:01 pm Yes I'm ok with it sheffield councils green car scheme recognises them so don't have to put the disc on the dash

That's good - a council actually doing something with them, pretty much the first instance I've heard of.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Anduain wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:15 am Mine is in for 2.0 -> 2.1 today. They gave us a 1st loaner. They are looking at all aspects, aircon, charging, 80% limit being ignored, plus 2.1 fixes. Their current ETA is tomorrow 4pm pickup.
Update failed, reasons unknown/not shared
Aircon still not working - looking like a hardware fault

Car is in the garage for an extended StayCay.

Unstressed here as the garage have provided us with the 1st edition loaner until completed, but we are missing our AR and HUD, and massage, and speakers... :D
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

My car has had its update and the dealership did a complimentary health check on it. And have reported there's a screw in one of the tyres, a puncture that's unrepairable. :oops: :evil:

I'd noticed that that tyre was losing air, but very little, so assumed it was a leaky valve and had intended to take the car to the local tyre depot.

Now I have to pay for a new tyre. The dealership quoted £197 and they can't do it till Monday because they have to order it in, but my local tyre depot can do it tomorrow and will charge £155 so that's where I'll be taking it.

Gutted that I've got a puncture after not much more than 1000 miles. I'm tempted to suspect malicious damage, since I know there are folks out there who for some reason hate electric cars, but I have done a trip to the local council recycling centre (tip) where I think I could have picked the screw up. Darn it.

As has been mentioned in these forums before, the ID.3 comes without a spare wheel, or any kind of puncture repair equipment. The self-sealing tyre in my case hasn't worked perfectly, although it has leaked air very slowly, it has leaked.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I had a puncture on my Tiguan after very few miles, the tyre people I took it to suggested that although they couldn't repair it in house due to position they could send it away and get it repaired something I had never heard of.
If they were unable to repair there was no charge and obviously a new tyre was required.
As it happened they repaired the tyre and charged me £30 and the tire went on to cover 20,000 miles or so.

Only issue is what you do with the car as there's no spare.
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

My wife had just left home when she reported that she'd had the low pressure warning from one tyre. She drove back very slowly and we found a large cable clip (possibly BT?) embedded in the tyre. I gently pulled the nail out, pumped up the tyre and it hasn't lost any pressure over the last four weeks. I did take it to KwikFit but they didn't seem very interested and basically said if it wasn't losing air, leave it alone.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
digital

Post by digital »

HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:23 pm As has been mentioned in these forums before, the ID.3 comes without a spare wheel, or any kind of puncture repair equipment.
Our Family came with a bottle of sealant, a spare valve and an electric air pump.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
Jono

Post by Jono »

Just had a call postponing my 2.1 update (was booked in for Monday). It seems that they are experiencing a high number of failures, many requiring parts, some cars disabled as a result. They’ve had another fail this afternoon and don’t want to add any more to the list until they get clarity from VW - I suspect there could be a long wait.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

digital wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:50 pm
HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:23 pm As has been mentioned in these forums before, the ID.3 comes without a spare wheel, or any kind of puncture repair equipment.
Our Family came with a bottle of sealant, a spare valve and an electric air pump.
Yes, sorry, I do realise that some models come with sealant etc. Is it the ones with 18" steel wheels that have the repair equipment, and the 19" and 20" ones don't? Not sure.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

My car is back with the 2.1 update completed, without a hitch apparently. Some things of note:

The dealership told me they have another ID.3 in for its update, and it failed, requiring a new control unit. They replaced the control unit and re-did the update, and it failed again. Tried the update a third time and it succeeded.

The recall for flooring turns out to be the carpet under the accelerator, which can extend upwards and foul the hinge area of the accelerator, interfering with the kickdown function. The technician is required to cut a 60mm section of the carpet away from the area to ensure it can't foul the accelerator.

Also, on request, they let me keep my paper manual, although their instruction is to retain it, or if it isn't available to report that fact to VW.

The instructions from VW include issuing the customer with the software update README document. I was handed a sheaf of paperwork, and on arriving home I discovered I don't have the README. I will contact the dealership and ask for it.
Deleted User 192

digital wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:50 pm Our Family came with a bottle of sealant, a spare valve and an electric air pump.

18” wheels/tyres
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Jono wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:19 pm Just had a call postponing my 2.1 update (was booked in for Monday). It seems that they are experiencing a high number of failures, many requiring parts, some cars disabled as a result. They’ve had another fail this afternoon and don’t want to add any more to the list until they get clarity from VW - I suspect there could be a long wait.

Mine is one of the disabled cars due to a failure of the Gateway Control Unit half-way through the update. :x

I have written to my contact at the VW UK executive office about this and that fact that (according to this forum) it is happening repeatedly. I will report back anything of relevance.
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

I collected my ID3 today with 2.1 installed following a few control unit replacements. Following a 2hr verification of all faults (23 in total) with the techie and service manager I became content to accept vehicle back subject to a further weeks verification of reported faults not recurring. The baby is sleeping in the garage connected to the charger just in case it needs a drink overnight. I was given an ID3 face mask v peer quality no approval marking!! Lovely but no longer need a dipstick!!
Hopefully all will be good!!
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Anduain wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:15 pm
Anduain wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:15 am Mine is in for 2.0 -> 2.1 today. They gave us a 1st loaner. They are looking at all aspects, aircon, charging, 80% limit being ignored, plus 2.1 fixes. Their current ETA is tomorrow 4pm pickup.
Update failed, reasons unknown/not shared
Aircon still not working - looking like a hardware fault

Car is in the garage for an extended StayCay.

Unstressed here as the garage have provided us with the 1st edition loaner until completed, but we are missing our AR and HUD, and massage, and speakers... :D
No update of value today - Aircon not working, update failed, will explain “tomorrow”.

Free loan car documents were resent updated today with a return day of Wednesday, so obviously something is up.

Dealer is a bit pants on communication.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Just for the record, mine went in on Monday and I collected it yesterday evening. 2.1 done. Nothing out of the ordinary was reported. I nearly cancelled/postponed it seeing the issues being reported but in the end I decided as it's hardly in use at the moment I may as well get it done. Apart from the interior lights changing to Blue I didn't notice anything different. It still refuses to connect to my home wifi. (I tried setting up a temporary WWID with no security, it still reported not being compatible with my security settings)