2.1 update confirmed

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:26 pm Just for the record, mine went in on Monday and I collected it yesterday evening. 2.1 done. Nothing out of the ordinary was reported. I nearly cancelled/postponed it seeing the issues being reported but in the end I decided as it's hardly in use at the moment I may as well get it done. Apart from the interior lights changing to Blue I didn't notice anything different. It still refuses to connect to my home wifi. (I tried setting up a temporary WWID with no security, it still reported not being compatible with my security settings)
What WiFi protocol does your router have? I can only connect to a single router.

Deleted User 314

Anduain wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:16 pm
Anduain wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:15 pm
Anduain wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:15 am Mine is in for 2.0 -> 2.1 today. They gave us a 1st loaner. They are looking at all aspects, aircon, charging, 80% limit being ignored, plus 2.1 fixes. Their current ETA is tomorrow 4pm pickup.
Update failed, reasons unknown/not shared
Aircon still not working - looking like a hardware fault

Car is in the garage for an extended StayCay.

Unstressed here as the garage have provided us with the 1st edition loaner until completed, but we are missing our AR and HUD, and massage, and speakers... :D
No update of value today - Aircon not working, update failed, will explain “tomorrow”.

Free loan car documents were resent updated today with a return day of Wednesday, so obviously something is up.

Dealer is a bit pants on communication.
They have now had it for 7 days and extended the loan car for another 5 days, hardly reassuring.

Garage is not returning calls or providing updates, the only communication we have is with the rental department.

I suspect all is not well!
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

My update has been cancelled for the second time by my dealer. Apparently they have bricked 3 cars trying to apply the update. They don’t want to risk doing anymore until they have in stock the replacement control unit. It seems to be an issue with some early models.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

Abadgermac wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:20 am My update has been cancelled for the second time by my dealer. Apparently they have bricked 3 cars trying to apply the update. They don’t want to risk doing anymore until they have in stock the replacement control unit. It seems to be an issue with some early models.
Mine is an early model and it updated cleanly from 0564 to 0792 (2.1). Maybe they routinely swapped out the part, as the top device number has changed, was ending D now ending E.
I vaguely remember last August the salesman mentioning a hardware update was needed as part of the 1Q update although have nothing written down in the side letter i got at the time and it was a long time ago now!
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Thanks Roadhawk. Needless to say I am disappointed. I’m on the original software and apart from the occasional airbag warning and random alarms I have not had any real problems. I just want CarPlay. I loved it on my previous Golf. Listening to music via the clunky infotainment interface is such a pain.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Deleted User 314

Siri is my workaround and friend in this instance.
CornwallCoastie

Post by CornwallCoastie »

My £16k Suzuki Ignis (AllGrip SZ5) has CarPlay; surely VW can sort it!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

CornwallCoastie wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:06 pm My £16k Suzuki Ignis (AllGrip SZ5) has CarPlay; surely VW can sort it!

They have - it's been there since the 2.0 software released in December. I knew I wouldn't have it immediately when I got my car last October, I also knew it was coming, and now I have it.
CornwallCoastie

scott28tt wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:33 pm
CornwallCoastie wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:06 pm My £16k Suzuki Ignis (AllGrip SZ5) has CarPlay; surely VW can sort it!

They have - it's been there since the 2.0 software released in December. I knew I wouldn't have it immediately when I got my car last October, I also knew it was coming, and now I have it.
Does it work okay?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

CornwallCoastie wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:54 pm Does it work okay?

There are 2 very minor issues ONLY with the 2.0 software, both of which I've read multiple times by owners is corrected by the 2.1 software:

• Occasional but very short (think clicking your fingers) drops in audio
  • Infotainment screen goes blank if switching to a regular in-car function and then back to CarPlay automatically (such as the parking screen)
Other than that, it's spot on.
CornwallCoastie

scott28tt wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:46 pm
CornwallCoastie wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:54 pm Does it work okay?

There are 2 very minor issues ONLY with the 2.0 software, both of which I've read multiple times by owners is corrected by the 2.1 software:

• Occasional but very short (think clicking your fingers) drops in audio
  • Infotainment screen goes blank if switching to a regular in-car function and then back to CarPlay automatically (such as the parking screen)
Other than that, it's spot on.
Brilliant; that’s another worry off the list.
I’m a bit sad that our courtesy ID3 will be going back tomorrow. However I am looking forward to getting our California back. Weirdly they have exactly the same power output!
Deleted User 314

Anduain wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:19 pm
Anduain wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:16 pm
Anduain wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Update failed, reasons unknown/not shared
Aircon still not working - looking like a hardware fault

Car is in the garage for an extended StayCay.

Unstressed here as the garage have provided us with the 1st edition loaner until completed, but we are missing our AR and HUD, and massage, and speakers... :D
No update of value today - Aircon not working, update failed, will explain “tomorrow”.

Free loan car documents were resent updated today with a return day of Wednesday, so obviously something is up.

Dealer is a bit pants on communication.
They have now had it for 7 days and extended the loan car for another 5 days, hardly reassuring.

Garage is not returning calls or providing updates, the only communication we have is with the rental department.

I suspect all is not well!
Update today, finally.

1. Replacement Valves for aircon on order, delivery time TBD
2. Replacement front camera for driver assist ordered as (and I quote) the 2.1 update requires a new model of the camera.

I’ve not read that anywhere, anyone else heard that?

No ETA for either, but the free rental is ours until all solved!
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

hwhbev wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:29 pm
hwhbev wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:57 pm Unfortunately I join the list of people whose ID.3 has failed the 2.1 update because the "gateway control unit is faulty" and needs to be replaced. I will update this post when I find out how long I'm going to have to wait for one to be delivered to my dealer.

If we, the owners of these cars, are annoyed at the frailty of this car, just imagine what the dealers must be going through.....

I’ve just been told by my dealer that they’ve been given an estimated date for receiving a new gateway control unit of 23rd March. Fingers crossed.

I reckon that the control unit is not failing per se. I suspect the hardware version installed in the early 1st Editions is too old for the new software. Unfortunately we’re dealing with motor mechanics and not IT professionals so they don’t think to check version numbers before they start the upgrade. It’s more of a suck it and see approach........ IMHO.

scott28tt - when they told me that my update had failed they said that it was half way through so I am guessing that my ID.3 is unusable until they can complete the update. You are lucky that yours failed at the start. Or maybe they checked the hardware version before they started.

Well the 23rd came and went. I was told the control unit should arrive on the 24th. Then on the 24th I was told it will be the 1st April, which means no car until after Easter - over three weeks. So I've reconnected with the VW Executive Office to let them know how unhappy I am. My Polo "courtesy car" (that's a joke - a replacement should be my right when a new car is off the road due to a manufacturing fault) that I've had for nearly two weeks will be returned in exchange for the dealer's ID.3. At least I'll have an EV for however long it takes to get my car upgraded.....
Jono

Post by Jono »

Good luck with speaking to VW - I logged a case over a week ago, was promised I’d be contacted within 48 hours - no surprise that I wasn’t.

Called again earlier this week and left a message for the case handler - call wasn’t returned

Called again this morning, it seems case handler has changed and isn’t available.

Really unimpressed - haven’t even managed to collect brand new car yet (due to pick up 2 weeks ago), but it was disabled during update. Parts not available, VW can’t even be bothered to speak to me.
id73

Post by id73 »

My car has been in for 2 weeks now. Control unit failed and still no date for replacement to be shipped, let alone a date for arrival.
VW communication on the issue has been atrocious, massively regret buying VWs first attempt at an EV as clearly they are in disarray over software/ hardware issues and the car has spent a disproportionate amount of its short life stuck in the workshop grappling with updates
RDR

Post by RDR »

:P Had ours back from the 2.1 upgrade for a week now and so far not experienced the problems we had prior. The second key that wasn’t with the car for the upgrade hasnt worked since so it’s booked in to fix that.

Now, don’t laugh but we are having problems with our other car and I think it’s the ID3 that’s causing it !

Since the upgrade when the id3 is parked on the drive the remote fobs for the other car become unresponsive, you have to get within metres for them to work.

If we move the iD3 away off the drive they work fine again. Battery’s have been changed in the fobs and this started when it came back from the 2.1 upgrade.

I’m A bit baffled !
Jono

Post by Jono »

It’s asserting its dominance LOL - you need to keep a close eye on these Germans
TheWood1978

Post by TheWood1978 »

RDR wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:47 pm :P Had ours back from the 2.1 upgrade for a week now and so far not experienced the problems we had prior. The second key that wasn’t with the car for the upgrade hasnt worked since so it’s booked in to fix that.

Now, don’t laugh but we are having problems with our other car and I think it’s the ID3 that’s causing it !

Since the upgrade when the id3 is parked on the drive the remote fobs for the other car become unresponsive, you have to get within metres for them to work.

If we move the iD3 away off the drive they work fine again. Battery’s have been changed in the fobs and this started when it came back from the 2.1 upgrade.

I’m A bit baffled !
Have you tried putting the second key on the key logo inside the car. Its on the centre console very near the front? There is a key logo there. Just put it there leave a short time.

Ive had my key drop off twice and had to open with physical key. Before i knew of this fix i jad the alarm going off repeatedly in Asda car park and couldnt drive or unlock the doors even from the inside. (Apart from drivers door unlocked with physical key.)

Putting the key there for a minute or so resynced it both times.

Hope this helps

TheWood
RDR

Post by RDR »

Hi yes I’ve tried the key resync process a few times but the key still won’t respond.
RDR

Post by RDR »

Beside the key issue first proper error since the 2.1 upgrade. Did it twice today quick recycle didn’t work had to leave the car and let it go to sleep and it fixed it.

Lost telemetry

564396DB-AE90-4298-AF08-F441C7E6EA30.jpeg