Powering home from car battery

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
wessexfolk

Post by wessexfolk »

We are about to have solar panels fitted and wonder if it is possible (having charged the car battery during the hours of daylight) to use the ID.3's battery to power the house in the evening? This would potentially save over £2,000 for a separate battery to do exactly the same job.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

That's "vehicle to grid" which is not supported by the ID3 today (no idea if it might in the future)

https://www.flexi-orb.com/electric-vehi ... e-to-grid/
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

This would seem to be the best use of the ID3 so far. Mine has been with the dealer 75% of the time I took delivery! Now after a few control unit changes and the SOS comms unit too it has 2.0 and awaiting 2.1 this week.
Seriously VW have lost all their reputation for vehicle reliability in my book. As soon as it is got back and roadworthy I will sell it and after 17 new VW vehicles select al alternative vehicle manufacturer, non can be so bad!!
EV for ever!! OMG.
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

ChaDeMo is reversible, Type2 sadly not.
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

I feel for you. We got our first edition on 30th December, drove it home with a fault warning and it's been in the dealers ever since. Comms unit, control unit, update to 2.0. None of these worked so the dealer has kept the car in all this time and cant tell us when he can get a control unit. He's offered us our money back so we're considering what to do.