Spectacular Light Show

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

This is probably not a fault but unless I keep my key in a tin box old Sparky downstairs in the garage puts on a regular light show. The LED in the key flashes red when I take it out of the box and Sparky lights up. I have a camera in the garage so I can watch the antics. This happens even when the key is in the top floor - I have a 3 storey house. The car is new - delivered yesterday so the key batteries are fresh but this is quite a range and through floors and walls etc. I attach a monochrome image of Sparky going buck daft.

IMG_3979.JPG

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Tin box or faraday pouch, or both!
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

However what I can't understand is the range to lock/unlock is poor, when I forget to lock the car and I can see my ID.3 through the hedge 20m away the doors won't lock when I press the key fob.
With my Toyota's I could be around the corner, push the button and hear the car beep back as it locked.
I find the lights stay off as long as the fob is stationary, if I forget to take them out of my pocket when I get home, then as it gets dark I notice the car lights on / lights off as I walk around the house. So I have had to keep the key fob separate from other keys.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire