Me Charged by We Charge

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

I've posted here before about not being charged for charging sessions.

My First Edition came with a WeCharge card loaded with £500 credit with a one year expiry date, so I've been trying to use up some of my credit.

My nearest rapid chargepoint is a 50Kw unit in a pub car park branded Osprey (used to be Engenie?). I've used it probably ten times since I got my car in November. I wave the WeCharge card and the chargepoint accepts it and charges, no problem. But the charge session never shows in my WeCharge app. I've alerted both Osprey and WeCharge about this but neither seems very interested so I've continued to use the chargepoint.

What I have new to report is that finally I've received my first monthly invoice from WeCharge and it shows two sessions in February at the Osprey chargepoint. Both have been paid using the credit on my card, and the invoice shows I still have £475 - odd of credit left on the card. So it seems they've finally joined the dots and started charging me, and that I had all my charge sessions in December and January for free.

In lockdown I'm not using the car much, and I doubt I'll be able to use the £500 before it expires.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Good for you, it would only make a difference if you were in a position to use all your credit.

I've burned through £138 so far (at an Osprey), so need to try harder over the next 7.5 months!
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

I have used my We charge card exactly Zero times since October and spent ZERO .

No Ionity charging stations or others nearby, (nearest 55 miles away at Milton Keynes) and currently no plans by Ionity to install any in the Midlands .

Looks like a very poor incentive now in buying the ID.3 1st.
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
Deleted User 192

Ph66 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:18 pm I have used my We charge card exactly Zero times since October and spent ZERO .

No Ionity charging stations or others nearby, (nearest 55 miles away at Milton Keynes) and currently no plans by Ionity to install any in the Midlands .

Looks like a very poor incentive now in buying the ID.3 1st.

Whereabouts are you?
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

Leicester Scott.
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
Deleted User 192

Ph66 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:16 pmLeicester Scott.

Hmm, yes they’re a bit barren around you...

Looking just at rapids from the We Charge partners, there seem to be some Osprey ones in Lutterworth and Alfa ones in Melton Mowbray, but nothing closer to the city itself - bummer!
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Mine was incorrectly set up by the dealer. They did me a favour though as I’ve yet to enab,e the facility meaning it has 12 months to run from the date I pull the lever. Regardless though, I’m not going to use the £500 or the kW figure as my nearest WeCharge locations, like others, are miles away.
ID.3 1st Edition
Deleted User 192

Avalon wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:19 pm Mine was incorrectly set up by the dealer. They did me a favour though as I’ve yet to enab,e the facility meaning it has 12 months to run from the date I pull the lever. Regardless though, I’m not going to use the £500 or the kW figure as my nearest WeCharge locations, like others, are miles away.

The 2000kW figure is meaningless unless you exclusively used IONITY, it’s really just £500.

Don’t you have any of the other partners near you?
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

My card has stopped working and the told me g didn't cover the charger i have used several times before , the elli customer services are useless because i had given them all the copies to prove i had used the charger including their invoices for using it , they have now passed it on to their technical people and six days on I'm still waiting for an answer to the problem
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:14 pm
Avalon wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:19 pm Mine was incorrectly set up by the dealer. They did me a favour though as I’ve yet to enab,e the facility meaning it has 12 months to run from the date I pull the lever. Regardless though, I’m not going to use the £500 or the kW figure as my nearest WeCharge locations, like others, are miles away.

The 2000kW figure is meaningless unless you exclusively used IONITY, it’s really just £500.

Don’t you have any of the other partners near you?
Nothing near unless you count a pretty useless Alpha point that’s about 10 miles away. The optimist in me hopes there’ll be other points online soon.
ID.3 1st Edition
Deleted User 192

Avalon wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:44 pm
Nothing near unless you count a pretty useless Alpha point that’s about 10 miles away. The optimist in me hopes there’ll be other points online soon.

What’s so useless about it? The Osprey I’m using is 7 miles away...