Thinking of trading up to ID3 Max..?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
id73

Post by id73 »

I currently have an ID3 family but orignally wanted to buy a Max but they werent available in UK back in December when I was buying.

Wondering if anyone on here has driven both and has a view on whether its worth upgrading?

I think these are the extras you get on a Max over and above a Family for £3,568 new list price difference:

1. pneumatic lumbar support
2. electric seats
3. head up display
4. sound pack (6+1 speakers)
5. dynamic chassis control
6. progressive steering
7. side assist
8. travel assist

Not sure what the last 4 options are, but I know the sound system in the Family is pretty uselss with no speakers in the rear.
Not personally experienced the AR heads up display so not sure if its a gimmick or genuinely useful.

pbaptista

Post by pbaptista »

Travel assist:
Travel Assist combines Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with adaptive lane guidance. Within the system limits, this enables the driver to keep the vehicle at a preselected distance from the vehicle in front and stay in a predefined position within the lane.
Travel Assist uses the same sensors as the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and the lane keeping system (Lane Assist). You should therefore read the information on ACC and Lane Assist carefully and observe the listed system limits and instructions.

Side assist:
The lane change assist system (Side Assist) provides assistance when checking for traffic behind the vehicle.
Radar sensors monitor the area behind the vehicle. The system measures the distance and speed difference in relation to other vehicles and informs the driver by means of visual signals in the wing mirrors.

dynamic chassis control:
The adaptive chassis control (DCC) continuously adjusts the chassis damping to the current road surface and driving situation while the vehicle is in motion. The DCC takes the chassis tuning of the selected driving profile into consideration

progressive steering:
progressive steering is intuitive, the steering becomes light or heavy depending on the speed

My car has head up display and travel and side assist, is a nice to have, not essential, I drive about 34 years without this stuff and I survived until now. :D
ID.3 Tour - Glacier White 0783, from 12 February 2021, upgrade to 0792 in 15 April 2021