Address in Nav System Issue

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I can't seem to get the Nav to accept an address from the contacts list on my iPhone, or by voice control specifying the contacts name. Anyone any ideas? Software is 2.0.

Jono

Post by Jono »

I’ve got the same problem - I can’t get it to sync either numbers or addresses
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Same problem, but then I can't get it to recognise the road I'm typing in even when I'm on said road and that road is displayed on the screen.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The built-in nav is as average as they always are, Apple Maps with CarPlay is WAY better!
gwr

Post by gwr »

You can always find the address or drop a pin on google maps and then use share to send it to the WeConnect ID app. It then appears in the car, for 24h I think. A bit roundabout but particularly useful for locations you've searched google for rather than have already in your contacts.
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Unfortunately I am also having the issue of being unable to connect to CarPlay. I'll persevere with the VW system until I get CarPlay sorted.
gwr

Post by gwr »

You don't have to have your phone plugged in to get the shared address. You can do it remotely and the shared location appears on the car. Unexpectedly successful, I know.
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Yes, the shared location appears on the car nav in contacts, but when selected the car nav asks to check the address and then fails to find it.
gwr

Post by gwr »

Sparky wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:38 pm Yes, the shared location appears on the car nav in contacts, but when selected the car nav asks to check the address and then fails to find it.
You're right. I just sent it and saw it arrive but didn't check it.

When I search for e.g. a shop in google, find it, and share the location to the WeConnect ID it seems to think it's in the US. I think this is because the UK phone number follows the name and it assumes that's a zip code. However if you scroll down to the plus code, copy that, copy it into WeConnect app (choosing the UK location from the ones offered) and then send it to the car all is well. A bit of a pain, obvs. Also, entering a private address in google will generate a pin that if shared via WeConnect seems to work OK, presumably because no phone number is attached.

I am slightly obsessed, as you see, because using Google navigation with Android Auto works fine on the ID3 except that the virtual reality arrows in the HUD don't appear. They only function with the VW navigation.
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland