ID3 Tour with 5 seats

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
BFA

Post by BFA »

Hi All,

I need to lose my disappointment somewhere, I’ll do it here :)

Have you seen than now VW is offering the Tour with 5 seats? At the moment on the German configurator.
I’m waiting for the delivery of my Tour this month, I find it disappointing that even before the first deliveries they are already offering another version of the Tour, with 5 seats and cheaper, I understand that it may be less equipped, but still I think is wrong for the buyers who wanted to buy the bigger battery and had only one option.

What are your thoughts about that? I’m temped to cancel my purchase, does someone speaks German and could check on the German configurator what are the main differences between both tour models?

Thank you

gailjon

Post by gailjon »

I would also be very annoyed in your position. There is no doubt that a 5 seat Tour will be a better proposition coma resale than a 4 seat version, all other things being equal.

I would also be looking at cancelling and reordering. I wonder what the reason behind the change is?
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

I see that the 5 seat is missing a heap of kit compared to the standard Tour. This includes missing interior style plus pack, comfort pack plus and infotainment pack plus.

Perhaps that is how they have saved the weight for the extra seat?
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
pbaptista

Post by pbaptista »

I have the Tour because I don’t need 5, so between having 5 seats and 4 seats, taking into account the differences between them and because I don’t intend to change cars for many years (in the last 20 years I’ve had 2), I prefer the of 4. But it is a little more expensive, so the decision is not easy, I would say it has to do with the importance you give to the loss in comfort and functionality in the 5-seat version.
It is also not certain that this version will be sold in the UK, it is most likely to be but you do not know when.
ID.3 Tour - Glacier White 0783, from 12 February 2021, upgrade to 0792 in 15 April 2021
BFA

Post by BFA »

Thank you for all your replies,

If the level of equipment is, as it looks, significantly lower in the 5 seater, I personally may keep the 4 seater order, but it will definitely affect my car’s future resale value.

I’m still disappointed with VW, this product had to be on pre-production for some time, this is not done in weeks, that means they have been misleading the market for months telling that the bigger battery models would have only 4 seats, many people who have bought the 4 seats may have waited, they should have inform that a 5 seater option was coming in the short term, it may take a few months but it’s very likely it will also be offered in the rest of Europe.

Putting sales over transparency is not a good image IMO, and VW has already a damaged image on transparency.
pbaptista

Post by pbaptista »

BFA wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:16 pm Thank you for all your replies,

If the level of equipment is, as it looks, significantly lower in the 5 seater, I personally may keep the 4 seater order, but it will definitely affect my car’s future resale value.

I’m still disappointed with VW, this product had to be on pre-production for some time, this is not done in weeks, that means they have been misleading the market for months telling that the bigger battery models would have only 4 seats, many people who have bought the 4 seats may have waited, they should have inform that a 5 seater option was coming in the short term, it may take a few months but it’s very likely it will also be offered in the rest of Europe.

Putting sales over transparency is not a good image IMO, and VW has already a damaged image on transparency.
I think VW hoped to sell more Tour and they realized that the fact that it had 4 seats should be limiting the sales of this version, so they found a solution, but I agree for some buyers of the 4-seat version it can be a little disappointing.
About selling the car, I intend to have this car for 20 years ..or more! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ID.3 Tour - Glacier White 0783, from 12 February 2021, upgrade to 0792 in 15 April 2021
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

VW UK decided not to take the 1st Pro and 1st Max models, only the 1st Plus was ever made available here. This was not related to LHD/RHD as all 3 variants were taken by VW Ireland.

VW UK were also not originally going to take the 45kWh battery variants, but will now start taking orders later in 2021.
BFA

Post by BFA »

@Pbaptista,
I agree that that is probably the reason, and I think it’s positive to have both options.
But this decision was probably taken months ago, you need time to develop a new configuration, approvals.......
So why didn’t VW inform that a 5 seater was on the way? The only explanation I can think of is to sell in the meantime the 4 seater to uninformed buyers. Now I have already signed the contract and paid the deposit, and I’m 50/50 between both models, I would need more details about the new one, if VW had been transparent I would probably have waited.
It’s my first VW and definitely not a good start for me with them.
Jono

Post by Jono »

I’ve just seen that Carwow are offering additional discounts on the Tours - I wonder if it’s to push through the 4 seat models