ID.3 U.K. Delivery Times

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Mpak wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:05 pm There are batches already on order through lease companies with plenty of cars still available. Vanarama one such.

When I actually look on Vanarama they're quoting 16-20 week delivery on an "In Stock" Glacier White Tour. Colour me a little bit suspicious of what Vanarama consider "In Stock" here :D
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Mpak

Post by Mpak »

Well this forum is a tough crowd.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I think it's just broad desperation at waiting months for a vehicle :-D
Tesla Model Y Long Range

sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Mpak wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:27 pm Well this forum is a tough crowd.
Not really, it's probably the reality of the situation you're finding difficult.

There are quite a lot of people on here who having been waiting months for their car, and quite a lot who will be waiting longer than those people. Demand is such that dealers are buying back used ID3s for more than the original owners paid the dealers for them. The reality is that lease companies will have little to lose by hoodwinking customers. It wouldn't be honest or helpful for people in the same or a similar boat to encourage anyone to believe unrealistic timescales.

If you're expecting to get one in time for a 22 reg (March), that is the expected waiting time so far for people who ordered 2 or 3 months ago, and it wouldn't make any sense for a lease company to be quoting 3-4 months unless they were new (overly-optimistic) orders.
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Ordered a lease car on Aug 15th and delivery, so far has move from mid Jan to end of Feb and I expect it will move again. There is no such thing as lease stock. Fantasy. My order is standard and the wait is 6 months plus. Its just reality.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Smitten wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:18 pm
Ordered a lease car on Aug 15th and delivery, so far has move from mid Jan to end of Feb and I expect it will move again. There is no such thing as lease stock. Fantasy. My order is standard and the wait is 6 months plus. Its just reality.
No such thing as lease stock? No, not exactly, but there are fleet channels and retail channels within a dealership, each with their own ordering allocations and build date priorities. Lease cars will be fulfilled by the fleet channel.

Back in Oct 2014, I ordered a Golf R just before there were some ridiculously cheap lease deals on the back of the extremely high GFVs (63% of RRP, previously unheard of for any Golf).

So which Golf Rs were coming first, the cheapy lease deal ones or the retail customer ones?

The lease Specials were fulfilled in under 3 months and mine took 8.5 months (which was a bit extreme, but others I knew on the Golf GTI forum were getting their retail ones in 5-6 months.

With all that in mind, it's not unfeasible that lease cars will get through quicker than retail ones.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:36 pm
No such thing as lease stock? No, not exactly, but there are fleet channels and retail channels within a dealership, each with their own ordering allocations and build date priorities. Lease cars will be fulfilled by the fleet channel.

Back in Oct 2014, I ordered a Golf R just before there were some ridiculously cheap lease deals on the back of the extremely high GFVs (63% of RRP, previously unheard of for any Golf).

So which Golf Rs were coming first, the cheapy lease deal ones or the retail customer ones?

The lease Specials were fulfilled in under 3 months and mine took 8.5 months (which was a bit extreme, but others I knew on the Golf GTI forum were getting their retail ones in 5-6 months.

With all that in mind, it's not unfeasible that lease cars will get through quicker than retail ones.

Unless you're on a Motability order, which appears to combine the worst points of both 🤣
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Smitten

Post by Smitten »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:36 pm

In which case I look forward to receiving my ID3 in Dec and handing back my existing lease car 3 months early!

Somehow, I think it unlikely...although I love a surprise!! There aren't masses (or indeed any) ID3's just sitting around waiting to be delivered. If so, tell me where they are? This is why the nearly new 2nd had price is so high and higher than the new price. Unfortunately it doesn't matter whether you lease, PCP or buy, there aren't enough chips to go around and these are the items in short supply. Appreciate it may have been different in the past.
Ordered 21.8.21
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Smitten wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:31 pm

In which case I look forward to receiving my ID3 in Dec and handing back my existing lease car 3 months early!

Somehow, I think it unlikely...although I love a surprise!! There aren't masses (or indeed any) ID3's just sitting around waiting to be delivered. If so, tell me where they are? This is why the nearly new 2nd had price is so high and higher than the new price. Unfortunately it doesn't matter whether you lease, PCP or buy, there aren't enough chips to go around and these are the items in short supply. Appreciate it may have been different in the past.
You've totally misconstrued what I've said. I'm not saying there are fields of cars already built and waiting for lease companies to pick them up.

I'm simply saying that there are retail channels and fleet channels for dealerships to order and supply cars and that fleet allocations are more generous and fulfilled quicker. That has always happened and it still happens now . My DTD ordered 2018 Polo GTI+ was supplied by the fleet sales arm of Listers Nuneaton, as was our 2019 Polo GTI+. They were built and delivered in about 2/3 of the time that others on the Polo forum were reporting theirs being built and delivered from.point of order.

If a lease company were to order 10 ID3s today via the fleet channel and Joe Bloggs was to order one through the retail channel today, the fleet ordered ones would be built and shipped quicker.

VW orders as a whole aren't dealt with on a first come first served basis, chip shortage or no chip shortage.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:37 pm My DTD ordered 2018 Polo GTI+ was supplied by the fleet sales arm of Listers Nuneaton, as was our 2019 Polo GTI+. They were built and delivered in about 2/3 of the time that others on the Polo forum were reporting theirs being built and delivered from.point of order.

VW orders as a whole aren't dealt with on a first come first served basis, chip shortage or no chip shortage.
Listers are not supplying DTD with ID.3 at the moment. There is only one dealer in Kent supplying DTD. Even they quote extended delivery periods of 5-6 months.

In Sept I was offered an ID.3 for early December delivery (3 months). It was not the colour I wanted and did not have alloys.
I also wanted a better discount than the dealer offered.

There are some ID.3 available from dealers who have ordered cars months ago and are available for a much quicker delivery, but not a lot of discount is available on them. They do not need to offer huge discounts. Wait and get a big discount and do not moan or pay more for a quicker delivery!
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:37 pm
Smitten wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:31 pm

You've totally misconstrued what I've said. I'm not saying there are fields of cars already built and waiting for lease companies to pick them up.

I'm simply saying that there are retail channels and fleet channels for dealerships to order and supply cars and that fleet allocations are more generous and fulfilled quicker. That has always happened and it still happens now . My DTD ordered 2018 Polo GTI+ was supplied by the fleet sales arm of Listers Nuneaton, as was our 2019 Polo GTI+. They were built and delivered in about 2/3 of the time that others on the Polo forum were reporting theirs being built and delivered from.point of order.

If a lease company were to order 10 ID3s today via the fleet channel and Joe Bloggs was to order one through the retail channel today, the fleet ordered ones would be built and shipped quicker.

Yes understood. I am sure Lex Autolease is ordering/financing 1,000's of cars a week and a lot of those will be VW, so as volume customers they and other leasing firms are treated differently. My point was I don't think it is going to make a lot of difference as I still expect to be waiting 6 or 7 months.
Ordered 21.8.21
jel1963

Post by jel1963 »

For info, ordered mine 1st September as a factory order and just been told its been built and is on its way to UK with handover to me in December.

Might be missing a few chips:)
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Mine was ordered 9 days after your one and vertu estimate June. What are your 1st 4 digits on the order No? Are you on Utumno's spread sheet?
He is the forums Zoltan.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Gjrosser

Post by Gjrosser »

sausageroll wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:33 pm
Gjrosser wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:30 pm Ordered mine at end of August this year. Was initially told just before Christmas, then just after Christmas, then got the dreaded call yesterday that it’s now not before the end of February!! Some rubbish about a shortage of steel now as well.

I think VW are just pulling these times out of a hat.
Can't see it as VW, personally. Sounds more like certain salesmen/dealers.

My logic for this is because I ordered mid-July and was told 5 months (mid-December).

Anyone who has ordered after mid-July and was told less than 5 months was either already picking up an order in the queue, or must surely have had a far too optimistic dealer.

Had a call now to say instead of week 7 next year, it’s week 50 this year - confirmed. I resisted the urge to laugh but said I’d believe it when I see the car…
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Gjrosser wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:37 am
sausageroll wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:33 pm
Gjrosser wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:30 pm Ordered mine at end of August this year. Was initially told just before Christmas, then just after Christmas, then got the dreaded call yesterday that it’s now not before the end of February!! Some rubbish about a shortage of steel now as well.

I think VW are just pulling these times out of a hat.
Can't see it as VW, personally. Sounds more like certain salesmen/dealers.

My logic for this is because I ordered mid-July and was told 5 months (mid-December).

Anyone who has ordered after mid-July and was told less than 5 months was either already picking up an order in the queue, or must surely have had a far too optimistic dealer.

Had a call now to say instead of week 7 next year, it’s week 50 this year - confirmed. I resisted the urge to laugh but said I’d believe it when I see the car…
Considering they are saying there's a 3 week christmas shutdown, I wouldn't anticipate week 50 being this year tbh
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

I have heard via a roundabout route, so may be baloney, that the annual shut down will be of the production line, but that some of the staff will be redeployed to complete the part built vehicles. From a colleague who has a relative contracting for VW.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Its quite strange that they give out build weeks for weeks the factory would be closed. Unless I'm misunderstanding what build weeks truly mean or unless these closures aren't scheduled until closer to the time but nevertheless, strange 🤷
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

ksoni94 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:43 pm Its quite strange that they give out build weeks for weeks the factory would be closed. Unless I'm misunderstanding what build weeks truly mean or unless these closures aren't scheduled until closer to the time but nevertheless, strange 🤷

Build weeks used to mean that all the parts are ready and build is intended to commence within that week.

Now they’re just week numbers indicating the first available opportunity that build might start, maybe.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Had an update from my dealer today and apparently mine is in the paintshop. So obviously nothing is built on the car yet. When he spoke to the guys in Leeds (VW team in contact with the factories) they could not say either way if it will be a MY22 or MY22.5.
At least I know where mine is currently.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Utumno wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:16 pm
ksoni94 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:43 pm Its quite strange that they give out build weeks for weeks the factory would be closed. Unless I'm misunderstanding what build weeks truly mean or unless these closures aren't scheduled until closer to the time but nevertheless, strange 🤷

Build weeks used to mean that all the parts are ready and build is intended to commence within that week.

Now they’re just week numbers indicating the first available opportunity that build might start, maybe.
Even then surely you'd want to exclude weeks where the factory is due to be shut 🤔 logistically you'd end up with a backlog of cars that were due to be build after you re-open which sounds like a nightmare! Although maybe before the chip shortage the factories were efficient enough to overcome the backlog quite quickly so it didn't really matter but still !
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22