ID.3 U.K. Delivery Times

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Ordered in mid August and quoted 20 weeks...then, when I confirmed everything the following week I was told 22 weeks. Its probably 27 weeks now. I wouldn't hold your breath. Basically they don't have a Scooby do. Its all guesswork until they have chip supply issues resolved. I waited 4.5 months for my last car and by the time it arrived I had memorised the online manual :lol:

Anyone ever seen "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett? :lol:
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6

Gannet15

Post by Gannet15 »

"Waiting for Godot", yes. Fell asleep during it and my wife refused to go to theatre again with me!!!!

Ordered in early July for Factory Order Pro model - no extras - possible delivery mid September but still waiting.
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Gannet15 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:00 pm "Waiting for Godot", yes. Fell asleep during it and my wife refused to go to theatre again with me!!!!

Ordered in early July for Factory Order Pro model - no extras - possible delivery mid September but still waiting.
Does feel like a similar experience though hopefully the other half will approve when it eventually turns up as it will stop me stealing her Peugeot e208 GT.

Gone for Pro S with heatpump as have family in Scotland, Frankfurt and Norway. So Covid permitting, there might be some future road trips in 2022 8-)
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Gannet15 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:00 pm "Waiting for Godot", yes. Fell asleep during it and my wife refused to go to theatre again with me!!!!

I ordered in mid-July and have just been told my build week is 4th October (I had the "we're now building your car" email from VW a week ago, though). Assuming Nov/Dec delivery.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

sausageroll wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:15 am

I ordered in mid-July and have just been told my build week is 4th October (I had the "we're now building your car" email from VW a week ago, though). Assuming Nov/Dec delivery.

looney-tunes-sam.gif

I remain firmly of the opinion that despite me ordering mid-July, the order didn't get placed by my dealer until end of July.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Utumno wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:06 am

looney-tunes-sam.gif

I remain firmly of the opinion that despite me ordering mid-July, the order didn't get placed by my dealer until end of July.
You can always check on Facebook with VW UK - that's what i did to get an update
smuj

Post by smuj »

Just checked with VW UK chat and confirmed build week of 39, same as my dealer gave me a few weeks ago as provisional. Order number 31361xxx. Ordered 11 July with expected delivery mid/end November. Need to kick off getting a home charger in the next couple of weeks.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

I’ve been given week 40 which would be the same, 4th October to 10th October.

The leasing company said it’s likely to arrive by end of November and worst case early December.

Judging from others, it would seem the time it takes to go from build week to delivery could be 4-6 weeks. So it’s possible we could be looking at mid to late November for delivery.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

smuj wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:27 pm Just checked with VW UK chat and confirmed build week of 39, same as my dealer gave me a few weeks ago as provisional. Order number 31361xxx. Ordered 11 July with expected delivery mid/end November. Need to kick off getting a home charger in the next couple of weeks.

Excellent news smuj!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

[quote=sausageroll post_id=9970 time=1631880525
You can always check on Facebook with VW UK - that's what i did to get an update
[/quote]

I’m allergic to Facebook 🥸 I’ll give the live chat a go.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

smuj wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:27 pm Just checked with VW UK chat and confirmed build week of 39, same as my dealer gave me a few weeks ago as provisional. Order number 31361xxx. Ordered 11 July with expected delivery mid/end November. Need to kick off getting a home charger in the next couple of weeks.
Not long to go now. Great news 👍👍
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
smuj

Post by smuj »

Newfie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:20 pm
Thanks. Hope yours is near build week. Not getting too exited yet. Plenty of time for delays the way things are at the moment. Once I know it’s built and on its way I’ll be happy. Read in the news today that these shortages could go on until 2024. Sincerely hope not.
Smuj

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

smuj wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:57 pm
Thanks. Hope yours is near build week. Not getting too exited yet. Plenty of time for delays the way things are at the moment. Once I know it’s built and on its way I’ll be happy. Read in the news today that these shortages could go on until 2024. Sincerely hope not.
The next status update we should get from the dealer should be is code 30, in transit from factory. Lets hope its not long after week 39.
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I ordered 14 August and was today given order number 31428xxx so I guess a “22” number plate.
smuj

Post by smuj »

Newfie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:49 pm
smuj wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:57 pm

The next status update we should get from the dealer should be is code 30, in transit from factory. Lets hope its not long after week 39.
When I was last going through this, four years ago with my Tiguan, it was much easier to anticipate how long each stage would take. Bit more difficult now. I was going to leave getting the process started to get my charger until mid October but might bring that forward a bit. When I enquired they were saying about 4-5 weeks for installation. Rather get it before delivery than after. Public charging here in rural Herefordshire is the pits.
Smuj

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

tomstring wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:52 pm I ordered 14 August and was today given order number 31428xxx so I guess a “22” number plate.
You could be looking at a December delivery going by my dates. Its just so uncertain at the moment.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Newfie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:10 pm
tomstring wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:52 pm I ordered 14 August and was today given order number 31428xxx so I guess a “22” number plate.
You could be looking at a December delivery going by my dates. Its just so uncertain at the moment.
Your signature is fascinating. We ordered our almost identical Tour, Heatpump, Manganese Grey, bicolor, on June 26, deposit paid June 28, and took delivery on July 16, and could have taken delivery on July 12.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Andreas wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:44 pm
Newfie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:10 pm
Your signature is fascinating. We ordered our almost identical Tour, Heatpump, Manganese Grey, bicolor, on June 26, deposit paid June 28, and took delivery on July 16, and could have taken delivery on July 12.

All the best

Andreas
I take it your dealer already had your Tour in the pipeline to take delivery that quick
When I ordered mine I saw my dealerships list of the entire ID.3 their chain had in stock. There was not one Tour at all.
There was bonus with a factory order. The VW granny charger was £39 cheaper with the order than purchasing it from the dealer. Its not a lot but as Tesco's say, every little helps. 😀
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

I wouldn’t wait to get a charger sorted tbh if our experience is anything to go by and i’m told not unusual - passed between the DNO and the installer and our provider no one taking responsibility - double pole isolation switches needed fuse upgrades maybe , unlooping supply but no one can be sure until the installation and it can all come to a halt …. - we are 6 weeks in now and nowhere nearer - if your supply needs unlooping there is a 4-6 week wait from application just from council planning alone 😳

car is 4 weeks off delivery and at this rate i’ll be charging it at booths!
darcy67

Post by darcy67 »

I'm based in Scotland and I've had the opposite experience to you billybobb2019. I've had my charger installed for about a month now. Longest wait I've had is for the second grant which is available on Scotland and you have to get accepted before you can install.

I have a looped supply as well and I've started the process to getting it changed, however I still got my charger installed due to it being a smart charger and them installing RCD protection (I think) next to the charger location.

I've also switched over to Octopus Go, so any charging will mostly be done during the night.

My car is due to be "built" next week but god only knows when I'll be getting it.