Owners Manual

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Apologies if this has been done to death on the forum but I can’t find the answer ...

When my car went in for 2.1 software last week I had to sign a ‘disclaimer’ as I was unable to give the dealer the manual back as it wasn’t in the car when it hit the service dept. Apparently there are so many changes to the printed version I got with the car that seemingly VW need to indemnify themselves against the likes of me using this as opposed to ??

Foolishly, I didn’t ask how to access the latest manual online or otherwise.

Does anyone know how it can be accessed?

Best wishes,

Ava
ID.3 1st Edition

sclrkuk

Post by sclrkuk »

It's in the car infotainment system now. They asked me to hand back my printed copy too, but I asked to keep it as I find it handier than having to go into the car each time I want to refer to it.
VW ID.3 Life
Zoobz32

Post by Zoobz32 »

Sclrkuk, did they let you keep it? I wasn’t told it would be removed.
sclrkuk

Post by sclrkuk »

Yes they let me keep it. The guy on the service counter said 3 people out of the 4 who had had the 2.1 update done had kept the paper copy.
VW ID.3 Life
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

In the meantime, if you want to consult the manual from the comfort of your own home, go here:

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and ... ar/manuals

and enter the Reg: L3VWW

I have no idea how up to date it is. Surely, if VW want us to hand back the manual, there should be a readily available updated handbook online - not just in the car.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Either press Help in the car, or look at it online as per the reply above (enter your own reg if it works though)
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Isn't the point of the online manual that it is VIN / vehicle specific, so entering somebody else's registration will likely give you the wrong manual.

When I originally accessed my car's manual I also had access to the digital versions of the 2 paper modification notices that came with my car, these have now disappeared and I was told they are now in the manual.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Nick Jan

Post by Nick Jan »

Entering my own vehicle reg no now brings up this latest version of the manual 11/2020, presumably because my dealer completed installation of 2.1. s/w version today.

Online manual seems easy to use, certainly better than the paper version with its tiny font-size!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Nick Jan wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:00 am Entering my own vehicle reg no now brings up this latest version of the manual 11/2020, presumably because my dealer completed installation of 2.1. s/w version today.

Online manual seems easy to use, certainly better than the paper version with its tiny font-size!

I don’t think this has anything to do with what software version is on your car, the online manuals all now seem to be 11/2020 and with just a single document rather than a core document plus addendums (as was the case previously)

Being able to search the online manual via the magnifying glass in the bottom-right corner makes things very easy 👍
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

I had the 2.1 update last week and the dealer cut the front page of my manual and left it in the car with all the details on the back , the rest he threw away saying that's what Volkswagen said to do as the manual was now in the car and up to date . I got it back because i prefer a hard copy to look at
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Many thanks for your replies, appreciated.

Ava
ID.3 1st Edition
Derry

Post by Derry »

My dealer sent me an e-mail yesterday that reads
"Hi Derry,I have just got off the phone with Volkswagen about this. They say that the ID.3 isn't readily available as a digital download yet, and they should have this rectified towards later in 2021."